Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

PORTSMOUTH/WEST SUSSEX MEET UP???

PORTSMOUTH/WEST SUSSEX MEET UP???

Old Apr 9th 2008, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of
Default Re: PORTSMOUTH/WEST SUSSEX MEET UP???

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
That brings back memories
We used to live in both Portsmouth and Gosport. Have you been to Gunwharf Quays? It's a great place for a meet HERE

Memories for me too!!!!
Angela
Old Apr 10th 2008, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Gunwharf might be good as accessible by train for most people?
Ill be back in Pompey end of June for three weeks, if anyone is about then and wants to meet? Ill be pretty busy selling house and seeing mates etc but always happy to help......
Old Apr 10th 2008, 2:40 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cookster
We used to live in both Portsmouth and Gosport. Have you been to Gunwharf Quays? It's a great place for a meet HERE

Memories for me too!!!!
Angela
Used to live in Horsham West Sussex, and GQ's was a central place for us to meet up with friends in Southampton.

We almost bought an apartment there to be near our boat.

The wife had a grin when I mentioned the place - she loved to shop there.
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Gunwharf Quays is a good option its just finding a venue that will occupy the little ones as well, us big ones are fine as long as there is food and alcohol
Old Apr 10th 2008, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Basty
Gunwharf Quays is a good option its just finding a venue that will occupy the little ones as well, us big ones are fine as long as there is food and alcohol
There isn't anywhere in GQ that has a specific kids area, although Customs House is happy for kids to be there before 8pm. Still had no joy on finding anywhere central through work, sorry
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Basty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to allBasty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by NikiL
There isn't anywhere in GQ that has a specific kids area, although Customs House is happy for kids to be there before 8pm. Still had no joy on finding anywhere central through work, sorry
Thats ok NikiL, thanks for trying - what do you reakon to either Southsea common, picnic, wine etc or the Brewers Fayre at Hayling Island, (might be a prob for peeps from the Island if not coming with a car?)
Old Apr 10th 2008, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Thats ok NikiL, thanks for trying - what do you reakon to either Southsea common, picnic, wine etc or the Brewers Fayre at Hayling Island, (might be a prob for peeps from the Island if not coming with a car?)
I'm easy for wherever as I can always drive (booze in the afternoon doesn't tend to be a good idea for me, get far too tipsy too easy so I get the designated driver status if we drive) - its as you say the peeps coming from the island - theres at least one family who can only come if its close to the ferry, so would suggest its up to the guys who have more transport issues than me!

*trundles back to place on fence*
Old Apr 16th 2008, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

colworthkid is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: PORTSMOUTH/WEST SUSSEX MEET UP???

Hi guys.

We are new to this site but would love to gatecrach the meet in Portsmouth area. We are from Chichester and have been trying to think of places which also may be suitable. Apparently there is a place called the Farmhouse in Burrfields Road in Portsmouth (just off the Eastern Road) which has an outside playarea and I think maybe an indoors one but not sure. I've never been there so can't really comment but a suggestion none the less. There's also the Bosham Inn on the main road at Bosham. I think it's a Beefeater. It has a huge garden which would be great if the weather is good. There is also
the Selsey tram which has both indoor and outdoor play area. Not top notch but acceptable. It's just off the A27. Sorry I can't recommend anything nearer to Portsmouth but a few suggestions which may or may not help. I like the sound of the Southsea Common picnic but the great British weather is so unpredictable. I'm guessing it's one thing we are all looking to escape from!! LOL Jill
Old Apr 20th 2008, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by colworthkid
Hi guys.

We are new to this site but would love to gatecrach the meet in Portsmouth area. We are from Chichester and have been trying to think of places which also may be suitable. Apparently there is a place called the Farmhouse in Burrfields Road in Portsmouth (just off the Eastern Road) which has an outside playarea and I think maybe an indoors one but not sure. I've never been there so can't really comment but a suggestion none the less. There's also the Bosham Inn on the main road at Bosham. I think it's a Beefeater. It has a huge garden which would be great if the weather is good. There is also
the Selsey tram which has both indoor and outdoor play area. Not top notch but acceptable. It's just off the A27. Sorry I can't recommend anything nearer to Portsmouth but a few suggestions which may or may not help. I like the sound of the Southsea Common picnic but the great British weather is so unpredictable. I'm guessing it's one thing we are all looking to escape from!! LOL Jill

Hi Jill,

Sorry not replied have been away for a couple of days, so have been catching up this weekend
I will call the Farmhouse and see if they have an indoor activity area.

Any comments anyone else to Jills recommendations????
Old Apr 20th 2008, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

I have not been able to locate the number for the Farmhouse in Burrfields Road Portsmouth, or the Bosham Inn, Yell.com is sooooo helpful

Selsey Tram I have located - Stockbridge Road, Chichester.

SO.........Can I have some opinions please - Common Picnic or Selsey Tram, Chichester

JILL - I presume they do food at the Selsey Tram???
Old Apr 21st 2008, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Hi Basty
Apparently the Farmhouse is a hungry horse thing so you should be able to google that for the number. I have just been told that in fact the Bosham Inn no longer has the play area in the garden. I went to the Selsey Tram last week and the food was ok - not bad for the price I guess. The playarea was not amazing but kept the kids entertained. It's not particularly big but there doesn't seem to be many places with play areas now. I assume it's an insurance thing.

I still like the Southsea Common option but if the weather turns where could we retreat to?

Do you know how many adults and kids are likely to come as a ball park figure?

Byee, Jill
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

19tracy70 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have not been able to locate the number for the Farmhouse in Burrfields Road Portsmouth, or the Bosham Inn, Yell.com is sooooo helpful

Selsey Tram I have located - Stockbridge Road, Chichester.

SO.........Can I have some opinions please - Common Picnic or Selsey Tram, Chichester

JILL - I presume they do food at the Selsey Tram???
Hi Basty, just been told about the meet up from Keely, can we jump on the bandwagon?? we are from portchester, just outside of pompey. I have been to farmhouse loads of times and it does have a big play area for the kids . there is also the sovereigns in North end which has a wacky warehouse, might be worth considering??
Tracy, Geoff , ollie and daisy
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 19tracy70
Hi Basty, just been told about the meet up from Keely, can we jump on the bandwagon?? we are from portchester, just outside of pompey. I have been to farmhouse loads of times and it does have a big play area for the kids . there is also the sovereigns in North end which has a wacky warehouse, might be worth considering??
Tracy, Geoff , ollie and daisy
Hi Tracy, of course you can join the bandwagon, the more the merrier, so you are obviously a good choice to make the decision cos you live in the area, which out of the Farmhouse or the Sovereigns is better to accomadate our crowd and entertain the kids, bearing in mind that alot of the families coming have on average 2 children???

I am just off out now but will look through thread later and count up the number of families who have mentioned coming and the approx amount of adults and kids.

Fiona
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Post Re: PORTSMOUTH/WEST SUSSEX MEET UP???

Hi Tracy
Nice to see you're on here too. We are aiming to be at the Portsmouth meet too so will be nice to meet up with you there. How's your application going? I looked online the other day and apparently they are processing up to 10th November if I have understood it. We're getting closer!

Fiona - perhaps if you have a rought idea of numbers the Farmhouse might be able to reserve some table near to the playarea for us? Not sure what their policy is on that sort of thing bit might be worth asking? Also, what is the plan of action re food. My boys function according to whether their tummies are full or empty so wondering if the plan is to eat there or eat before hand? Happy to go with flow of course!

Byeee, lol
Jill
Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

HI guys can we also gate crash?

Thanks for invite from feb 08 thread, Basty - are you a Fiona too as well as coming from Southampton?!! Spooky!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.