Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Portable Air Con

Portable Air Con

Old May 27th 2012, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

steen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud ofsteen1976 has much to be proud of
Default Portable Air Con

Anyone bought one of these lately? Any recommendations or ones to avoid?

With a bairn due in October it's going to be pretty sweaty in it's first months so reckon I'm going to need one of these units.

The quieter the better really.

Not too bothered over price once I'm getting good value.
Old May 27th 2012, 5:17 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Portable Air Con

I have a Nobo Cool. It's a Chinese mass produced one but works like a charm. I got it from Harvey Norman and the guy there said they don't get any back with faults etc. I've had mine for 4 years in humid queensland and it's great. Not super quiet but very effective. I generally cool my bedroom and then turn it off and just use the fan function which is very quiet. It's not too bad on power either. My summer bill is only about 5% more than other seasons.

Best of luck with the new addition!
Old May 28th 2012, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

Evaporative are quieter. Refridgerated are better but need to vent exhaust heat.
Old May 28th 2012, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

MUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really niceMUST LEAVE UK is just really nice

Evaporative are useless, as I found out this week. It's going back for a gas one. Most use little power, just don't go overboard on the btu rating and buy a big one you dont need. 9-12k btu will cool a medium room with doors fine.