Port Stephens

Old Sep 25th 2005, 12:42 am
India-M'chester-Syd('05)

base_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant future
Smile Port Stephens

We are thinking of going to Port Stephens for few days during Christmas. Does anybody have any recommendation for accomodation? Thanks
Old Sep 25th 2005, 2:51 am
Chelmsford>Leeds>NSW!

lel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nice
Default Re: Port Stephens

I don't live too far away from Port Stephens, but because of that we've never stayed around there. Sorry.

There's a link that pops up (depending what access you've got to this forum) above this thread for accommodation in Port Stephens... does that help?
Old Sep 25th 2005, 2:54 am
Chelmsford>Leeds>NSW!

lel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nicelel_smiff is just really nice

I've just realised that the links keep changing... I think it might have been:

http://portstephens.stays.com.au/
Old Sep 25th 2005, 4:36 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by base_sydney
We are thinking of going to Port Stephens for few days during Christmas. Does anybody have any recommendation for accomodation? Thanks
Not sure of your price range or requirements abouts rooms but we have stayed at the Roaches Motel - nope I am not joking and we rated it high enough for return visits and taking family back. It supposedly just had a refurbishment a while back so prices may have increased. We are two adults and two teenagers and it was entertaining for them as well. The hotel is near the toboggan park and did have two room suites for families which means you have a small kitchen area and dining and lounge which meant if we did stay in it was entertaining - we rented DVDs from the local blockbuster across the way. Check the facilities on the net it might also be under roaches resort. Had tennis courts two pools and mini golf and other bits.

If you are looking to treat yourselves the people I work with rate the peppers resort but that is mucho expensive.

There are camp sites and cabin areas around Little Beach/1 mile beach (only not so little actual). If you pm bluerobot he has stayed up there loads of times and just recently as well.

Last time I was up visiting the Hunter Valley and Port Stephens and we actually stayed in Newcastle - but I will not recommend the hotel as anything special, just one of generic box setups like Formula 1. But it meant we didn't have as much travel to do to the Wine Region in the Lower HUnter. And newcastle Harbour has a bit of night life if there are planned events, bit crappy the rest of the time.

If you have already been to Port Stephens I am sure you know how wonderful it can be. So far we have done the Duck Dive, numerous whale and dolphin watching, snorkling and the rest of the family have recently been sand dune quad biking. Loved everything.

Anyway will stop boring you now.

Have a super time you picked an excellent spot.
Old Sep 25th 2005, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lel_smiff
I don't live too far away from Port Stephens, but because of that we've never stayed around there. Sorry.

There's a link that pops up (depending what access you've got to this forum) above this thread for accommodation in Port Stephens... does that help?
Hi there my husband and I are in the process of emigrating and hope to move by September 06we will stay with our son when we get there but will rent for a while before we buy he lives in Sydney but we would like to live near port Stephens can you recommend any suburbs that we could maybe look at on the net thanks Janet
Old Sep 25th 2005, 11:31 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

KD Winnings will be able to sort you out if you're after a holiday unit. Port Stephens especially Nelson Bay is big on these rather than motels or decent hotels. KD Winnings have a website if you do a search.

Paul.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 10:48 am
India-M'chester-Syd('05)

base_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant future

Thanks all for replying.

We are thinking of staying with Comfort Inn Salamander Shores The rate for a seaview spa room is $209 before 25th and $240 during Christmas. It suits our budget and we'll have the chance to live close to the beach. Any idea if you get to see whale/dolphin during the summer months?
Old Sep 26th 2005, 11:18 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by base_sydney
Thanks all for replying.

We are thinking of staying with Comfort Inn Salamander Shores The rate for a seaview spa room is $209 before 25th and $240 during Christmas. It suits our budget and we'll have the chance to live close to the beach. Any idea if you get to see whale/dolphin during the summer months?

I'm pretty sure the dolphins are all year round, not the whales though.