Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Population surge.

Population surge.

Old Mar 15th 2004, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Population surge.

Spent the morning with a mop and bucket and paintbrush at the old rental house just a few skips from Alexandra Headland beach.

I just cant believe how many people are looking to rent here, mostly from overseas/interstate, house was advertised on the weekend and people told to turn up this morning.

We had 30 inspections, including at least 4 Pom families, South africans, several surfie types from interstate, couple of single mums, business types from Sydney. Very popular place it seems, last tenants were there 3 years, beginnning to wonder if I advertised it too cheap

Also read on the weekend biggest OS investors in QLD are now from the UK. Used to be asian now its the Poms.

Busy place anyway, shut the door in the end and came home will go back tonight when its dark.

Last edited by dotty; Mar 15th 2004 at 2:41 am.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Population surge.

Originally posted by dotty
Spent the morning with a mop and bucket and paintbrush at the old rental house just a few skips from Alexandra Headland beach.

I just cant believe how many people are looking to rent here, mostly from overseas/interstate, house was advertised on the weekend and people told to turn up this morning.

We had 30 inspections, including at least 4 Pom families, South africans, several surfie types from interstate, couple of single mums, business types from Sydney. Very popular place it seems, last tenants were there 3 years, beginnning to wonder if I advertised it too cheap

Also read on the weekend biggest OS investors in QLD are now from the UK. Used to be asian now its the Poms.

Busy place anyway, shut the door in the end and came home will go back tonight when its dark.
Dotty whats the matter with you. You need to double your price and advertise on here, expats like to pay loads of money for rentals as long as they have a smiling face to pick them up from the airport.

You will need a name though like pomsinperth or pelican pals, how about Dotty's Delights

Last edited by karawara88; Mar 15th 2004 at 3:07 am.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Population surge.

Originally posted by karawara88
Dotty whats the matter with you. You need to double your price and advertise on here, expats like to pay loads of money for rentals as long as they have a smiling face to pick them up from the airport.

I'm too bloody honest. I always get a smirk out of the ones who rent to new arrivals, and just happen to 'mention' it on here. Especially how positive they are about OZ

Rentals are quite cheap here still, $260.00 for a 3 bedder ensuite, a small roll out of bed to the beach or McDonalds, that made me laugh too, so many people mentioned being close to Maccas as a plus Anyway by this morning I think its let about 30 times over Interesting morning, never did get any work done, husband is still moaning all I did was chat to people.