Poor Pup!

Old Feb 22nd 2006, 12:57 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Poor Pup!

Originally Posted by Teliko21
We don't tend to take him swimming at the beach, the Bay water can get a bit whiffy, especially after rain :P There are a few beaches down towards Werribee that aren't signed and are always deserted that we take him to occasionally (Sorry don't know names). I'm sure I remember some down around Brighton way that are dog friendly all year round as well. Also, St. Kilda beach (part of it) and Port Melbourne beach are dog friendly year round. Most beaches that are likely to have people using them will not allow dogs during the summer months during the day.

We love Brimbank Park though, Yuri loves swimming there, in fact we had his first birthday party there he loves swimming so much

We have a book called Walkies! in Victoria which is excellent as it lists every dog friendly beach/park etc around Victoria and also any restrictions that apply. I'm sure there was also a website version but I can't for the life of me find it at the moment, will let you know if I do

I found the website! http://www.4legs.com.au/walkabout.php
It works for all states and you can choose the facilities you want as well
Thant is a great website - it has given us some ideas of where to head for. Good for planning holidays with the mutt as well!!
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 1:16 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Poor Pup!

Originally Posted by stevemich
Hi there
We came to Sydney (Cremorne) from the UK around 6 months ago, and brought our extremely cute Cocker Spaniel with us...

Unfortunately she misses splashing around in the local river etc like she did at home, as we cannot find anywhere where we are allowed to let her off lead with some accessible water.
Does anyone have any suggestions for parks/beaches in the area that have water in off leash areas?
Cheers

Steve (on behalf of Tilly the dog!)
Just did a quick search for you and came up with this:

http://www.lanecove.nsw.gov.au/Livin...rciseAreas.htm

Hope it's of use. Looks like Tambourine Whatsit should suit you.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Feb 22nd 2006 at 1:18 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Thant is a great website - it has given us some ideas of where to head for. Good for planning holidays with the mutt as well!!
Yes it is great, really helpful when planning day trips to know whether it is worth taking the dog along as well Nothing worse than a dog who has nowhere to go for a run after a long drive
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

......Unfortunately she misses splashing around in the local river etc like she did at home,.............
How do you know this? Is it really you that misses splashing about in the river??
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 3:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
How do you know this? Is it really you that misses splashing about in the river??
She howls a lot when it rains and then jumps in the bath with them
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 3:12 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
I do not miss it at all - you should smell her when she has finished and is (very) slowly drying herself on various rugs, sofas, bed covers afterwards :scared:
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 7:29 pm
Staying in BoxHill

chessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to allchessp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Teliko21
We don't tend to take him swimming at the beach, the Bay water can get a bit whiffy, especially after rain :P There are a few beaches down towards Werribee that aren't signed and are always deserted that we take him to occasionally (Sorry don't know names). I'm sure I remember some down around Brighton way that are dog friendly all year round as well. Also, St. Kilda beach (part of it) and Port Melbourne beach are dog friendly year round. Most beaches that are likely to have people using them will not allow dogs during the summer months during the day.

We love Brimbank Park though, Yuri loves swimming there, in fact we had his first birthday party there he loves swimming so much

We have a book called Walkies! in Victoria which is excellent as it lists every dog friendly beach/park etc around Victoria and also any restrictions that apply. I'm sure there was also a website version but I can't for the life of me find it at the moment, will let you know if I do

I found the website! http://www.4legs.com.au/walkabout.php
It works for all states and you can choose the facilities you want as well
Thanks will definately look for the book when we get there