Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pools open for summer.

Pools open for summer.

Old Sep 10th 2003, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Pools open for summer.

Just one week into spring its now 31 degrees, (quite nice as no hiumidity yet) so we are having the annual pool opening BBQ tonight. See Dotty does BBQ sometimes.

With the warmer weather we have seen the first snake, big brown fella lying in the sun on one of the rocks by the creek, slithered away as soon as he sensed the dog. For those new out here, they come back out with the heat and quite nasty at first as its the mating season.

31 In September has me a bit concerned tho, thats shaping up to be eight months of 30+ temps!

Old Sep 10th 2003, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Well Dotty, it's still pissing it down in Peth. I think last week lured us into a false sense of security!! It had better improve cos we're off camping in 4 weeks! Eeekkk.

Have a sooper BBQ bash. Good idea that - pool opening party, I think we'll follow suit when it's warm enough to chuck our yougest in!!

Diane
Old Sep 10th 2003, 3:42 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Well, latest Brisbane temp is now over 32! I think I'll pop outside my a/c office to check.

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ65113.shtml
Old Sep 10th 2003, 3:45 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Pools open for summer.

Originally posted by dotty
Just one week into spring its now 31 degrees, (quite nice as no hiumidity yet) so we are having the annual pool opening BBQ tonight. See Dotty does BBQ sometimes.

With the warmer weather we have seen the first snake, big brown fella lying in the sun on one of the rocks by the creek, slithered away as soon as he sensed the dog. For those new out here, they come back out with the heat and quite nasty at first as its the mating season.

31 In September has me a bit concerned tho, thats shaping up to be eight months of 30+ temps!

ahh lovely (that's in a welsh accent )

I do not know what the fuss is about Brown snakes.. They are lovely. load of rubbish about them chasing you... they do "run" away.. can you imagine that lol

Anyway, I thought you were locked up with Pauline ., I'm still on the run.. lol

cheers

P.s gawd it's boring around here since PB left.. very slow isn't it
Old Sep 10th 2003, 3:45 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Just had a look at the long run averages, Brisbane max should be 24C and the number of days with a max above 32C is 0.7, i.e on average, only 0.7 days in September have a max above 30C, clearly we are already above that (i.e. one day for today)
Old Sep 10th 2003, 3:49 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by jayr
Just had a look at the long run averages, Brisbane max should be 24C and the number of days with a max above 32C is 0.7, i.e on average, only 0.7 days in September have a max above 30C, clearly we are already above that (i.e. one day for today)

no it won't.. it only reaches 29c here, thought you'd know that by now... sigh
Old Sep 10th 2003, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jayr
Well, latest Brisbane temp is now over 32! I think I'll pop outside my a/c office to check.

Piss Off!! It's still raining here..........
Old Sep 10th 2003, 3:55 am
Y Ddraig Goch

my office thermo is reading 23c... no aircon on. It dosen't feel like 32 today.. probably about 24 maybe 26 outside at the moment.
Old Sep 10th 2003, 4:00 am
Karma Comedian

Very low humidity today. Which reminds me, all those recent posts during the UK mini heatwave with people saying the UK heat felt hotter than Aus heat for the same temperature. Cracked me up - just wait till they step off the plane at Brisbane airport this summer!
Old Sep 10th 2003, 4:07 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty

We're moving to a new house with a pool this weekend. Right by the beach. I'm going swimming whatever the weather, because I can.
Old Sep 10th 2003, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

Kath will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by renth
We're moving to a new house with a pool this weekend. Right by the beach. I'm going swimming whatever the weather, because I can.
Watching the weather forecast last night I was really surprised to see 31c in Brisbane already!! People seem to compare Perth / Brisbane climate (although Brisbane has humidity) yet we're struggling to reach 16c today + lots of rain coming in !

Good news for WA regarding rain, drought has broken and they are expecting bumper crops!
Old Sep 10th 2003, 4:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

It's really wet & windy here right on the coast and more "showers" forecast for the rest of the week!

Don't forget to bring your tumble driers folks!!

Loopy
Old Sep 10th 2003, 4:18 am
Karma Comedian

Went outside and it definitely feels a bit warm, see the Brisbane temp has just gone through 33C!
Old Sep 10th 2003, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

Kath will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by jayr
Went outside and it definitely feels a bit warm, see the Brisbane temp has just gone through 33C!
Looks like you're in for a stinking hot summer!!
Old Sep 10th 2003, 4:27 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Had the AC on in the car for the first time on the way to work. Although it was just over 20 the sun was strong and I was stuck behind yet another accident on the Parramatta Road.

You can't open the windows as the fumes are a nightmare.

A wise investment is a pair of polarised UV filtering sunnies. Takes so much strain off the eyes and prevents long term sun damage to the retina. I am a lot more alert at work now. The sun glare off all the concrete and tarmac is a big strain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.