Pools in NSW?

Old Nov 28th 2009, 7:50 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pools in NSW?

JUst wondering as I read somewhere recently that the laws surrounding pools in ppls back gardens have recently changed?

I remember reading somewhere ages ago that all pools had to have fencing round them, but having looked at rentals a lot i'm assuming thats not a law in NSW?

Just wondering if someone knows?
Old Nov 28th 2009, 10:00 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pools in NSW?

Originally Posted by JenJen
JUst wondering as I read somewhere recently that the laws surrounding pools in ppls back gardens have recently changed?

I remember reading somewhere ages ago that all pools had to have fencing round them, but having looked at rentals a lot i'm assuming thats not a law in NSW?

Just wondering if someone knows?
It's the law in all states. The rentals you've seen with pools, did the doors and windows have locks?

http://www.dlg.nsw.gov.au/Files/Information/swim.pdf
Old Nov 28th 2009, 10:09 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
It's the law in all states. The rentals you've seen with pools, did the doors and windows have locks?

http://www.dlg.nsw.gov.au/Files/Information/swim.pdf
It didn't say on the websites:$ but there seemed to be as many pools without fencing round as they're were with fencing:$
Bit off putting as it would mean I couldn't let my boys play out in the back garden (all capable of swimming) and come and go cause of my baby girl :$
It would be my worlds worst nightmare.

Last year we had a pool, but it was winter time and the boys didn't spend that much time out playing in the back but there was fencing round the pool and a high latch gate to get in.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 10:23 pm
Simply happy in Sydney!

LittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of light

We rented a house when we first got here that didn't have a pool fence, I think that because it was built before 1990, providing the house had locks on doors and windows, it wasn't required. However, we spoke to the agent and she agreed that one should be installed, so the landlord fitted a fence round the pool. I think it cost them quite a bit (it was a lovely glass one), but I don't think they minded because they were only renting it out until they got married and then intended to move in themselves and have a family. To be honest, our two were (and are still) too young to be out in the garden on their own anyway, but if they were a bit older and I also had a toddler, I would certainly want a fence. I take our eldest down to the pool (we now own a house which has a pool and fence) whilst our youngest is having a nap, to clean the filter and skim it, and the number of times I have to tell her to not lean over so far is unbelievable. They have no sense of danger at all. I am sure that if I left them to it, one or other of them would be in the pool in a minute.