Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pools, Birds & other assorted pics

Pools, Birds & other assorted pics

Old Aug 16th 2005, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pools, Birds & other assorted pics

im sure it is but what about when you get out
Originally Posted by Bix
It's okay once you are in:
(so Da Boss tells me)
Old Aug 16th 2005, 5:19 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Lovely pics - really enjoyed looking at them - and a very decent pool too - is it a fibre glass pool - what length?

The cockatoos are great - me and my hubbie love wildlife like that (not so sure about the spiders though!)

Lynn
Old Aug 16th 2005, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Why its a good idea to have your house insured against storm damage here in Australia .
You've got me really worried now ......I'll be hunting for the insurance policy just as soon as I've finished babysitting. Knowing our luck the house will get hit the day we arrive. We've already got it insured (i.e prior to settlement) but I simply can't remember reading anything specific about storm damage.

Great pictures BTW. Looks like you live in a park! We've got a miniscule garden in comparison but I have to admit that after spending nearly every spare moment in the garden in the UK, I'm somehow glad we've got an incy wincy plot, though I might start pining when I get to Brisbane!

Heaven knows how we're going to get a pool built. We're on a really narrow, really steep plot. Its going to have to be craned over the top of the house, and we'll have to build some pretty hefty retaining wall. Definitely a big challenge ahead.....
Old Aug 16th 2005, 10:55 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Lovely pics - really enjoyed looking at them - and a very decent pool too - is it a fibre glass pool - what length?

The cockatoos are great - me and my hubbie love wildlife like that (not so sure about the spiders though!)

Lynn
Hi Lynn, yes the pool is fibreglass pool, 12m long & 4.5m wide.

Dont worry, the spiders dont like water, you'd be safe in the pool .
Old Aug 16th 2005, 11:01 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnAndNetta
You've got me really worried now ......I'll be hunting for the insurance policy just as soon as I've finished babysitting. Knowing our luck the house will get hit the day we arrive. We've already got it insured (i.e prior to settlement) but I simply can't remember reading anything specific about storm damage.

Great pictures BTW. Looks like you live in a park! We've got a miniscule garden in comparison but I have to admit that after spending nearly every spare moment in the garden in the UK, I'm somehow glad we've got an incy wincy plot, though I might start pining when I get to Brisbane!

Heaven knows how we're going to get a pool built. We're on a really narrow, really steep plot. Its going to have to be craned over the top of the house, and we'll have to build some pretty hefty retaining wall. Definitely a big challenge ahead.....
Netta LOL, sorry, dont worry, storm damage (but sometime not flood) is covered in most normal policies, whos your policy with? You have to be pretty unlucky for a tree that size to hit your house, but it does happen - even more likely is roof damage, but theres nothing you can do about it, so just make sure the insurance is paid & up to date .

As for pining after working in the garden all the time, hey, if you ever find you miss it, you can always come to visit & bring a fork & shovel .
Old Aug 16th 2005, 11:34 pm

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Netta LOL, sorry, dont worry, storm damage (but sometime not flood) is covered in most normal policies,

What about incompetent DIY damage?
Old Aug 16th 2005, 11:37 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A dogs life
I'd be interested to know about that one too
Old Aug 16th 2005, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandy.l is on a distinguished road

So the message is, don't buy a house with trees in the garden...? Or perhaps that would be worse as the house could be 'whirled up' a la Dorothy's house in Wizard of Oz?

Anyway, your house kind of looks like..........SOUTHFORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lovely big garden..............Jealous..........

My cousin has sadly moved away from Wynnum now, but it's good for us as they will now be able to sponsor us in Melbourne. Loved your area though Mrs Dagboy, very fond memories of Bayside, they will stay with me forever, and I'll defo come visit the area when we are in Aus!

Sandy
Old Aug 17th 2005, 12:46 am
Rocket Scientist

That would come under "accidental damage"

Originally Posted by Sandy.l
So the message is, don't buy a house with trees in the garden...? Or perhaps that would be worse as the house could be 'whirled up' a la Dorothy's house in Wizard of Oz?

Anyway, your house kind of looks like..........SOUTHFORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lovely big garden..............Jealous..........

My cousin has sadly moved away from Wynnum now, but it's good for us as they will now be able to sponsor us in Melbourne. Loved your area though Mrs Dagboy, very fond memories of Bayside, they will stay with me forever, and I'll defo come visit the area when we are in Aus!

Sandy
I dont have any idea what Southfork is, Im hoping its good . We are a little bit further away from Wynnum now that we have moved, but still love the place, make sure you come & visit when you get up this way .
Old Aug 17th 2005, 12:53 am
ABCDiamond

I dont have any idea what Southfork is, Im hoping its good . .
Someone who hasn't heard of Dallas

Old Aug 17th 2005, 12:55 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont have any idea what Southfork is, Im hoping its good .
DALLAS (the TV programme)!!!

Did you never see it. It invented TV trash soap opera. Sue Ellen, JR Ewing (who ever did shoot him?), Bobby Ewing - the guy who suddenly becomes alive again in the shower. Ohhhh, you must know it...

Dallas

(funny when I did the search for that on imdb, I got 'Debbie does Dallas')
Old Aug 17th 2005, 1:04 am
ABCDiamond

Have you heard that the search engines are now getting more intuitive

Old Aug 18th 2005, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Great picture's the cockatoos round your pool are fab, lovely pool by the way.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 12:46 pm
Rocket Scientist

DALLAS (the TV programme)!!!

Did you never see it. It invented TV trash soap opera. Sue Ellen, JR Ewing (who ever did shoot him?), Bobby Ewing - the guy who suddenly becomes alive again in the shower. Ohhhh, you must know it...

Dallas

LOL - can proudly say that I have never watched Dallas (or Dynasty). No wonder I didnt know who/what it was .

Only resemblence between myself & anyone on Dallas would be that my hair gets greasy sometimes :scared: .
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Cat_Harrison is on a distinguished road

Hiya

The location of your house looks lovely and thanks for the pictures of the wildlife... that's the bit i'm most looking forward to seeing when we get to Oz

Cat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.