Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pool Safety Compliance question (with drawing)

Pool Safety Compliance question (with drawing)

Old May 9th 2016, 10:53 pm
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future
Default Pool Safety Compliance question (with drawing)

Can you please advise if this would be pool compliant. The 1800 high wall with next door would becompliant as would the 1200 wall holding back the water on my side.
My question is regarding the NCZ which would only be 600 andI think needs to be 900?
Thoughts?
Old May 10th 2016, 5:16 am
now just Shaun...

Shaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant futureShaun&Dee has a brilliant future
Default Re: Pool Safety Compliance question (with drawing)

Photo attached.
Attached Thumbnails Pool Safety Compliance question (with drawing)-img_7754.jpg  
Old May 12th 2016, 11:41 pm
now just Shaun...

Any pool experts out there?
Old May 13th 2016, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

No expert, but from the QBCC website:

"For fences at least 1800mm high, the 900mm non-climbable zone may be on the inside of the fence and must be measured from the top of the inside. This could be useful for a boundary fence, for example, where it is difficult to make the non climbable zone outside the fence . Make sure that there is nothing underneath this zone that a child could jump on to, which would reduce the effective height of the fence from the minimum 1800mm"

So I read that as if you cannot guarantee that the side of the fence on your neighbor's side is non-climbable...say they put a chair against it without you knowing, then yes, you need a 900mm NCZ on your side.
Old May 15th 2016, 9:27 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

The fence is to stop kids climbing over into the pool and drowning, so it all looks good to me. The minimum height of a pool fence I believe is 120cm, so yours looks OK. I suspect the height from the inside of the pool is not a factor.
Old May 16th 2016, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spuddyo
The fence is to stop kids climbing over into the pool and drowning, so it all looks good to me. The minimum height of a pool fence I believe is 120cm, so yours looks OK. I suspect the height from the inside of the pool is not a factor.
Unfortunately, this is Australia...and worse Queensland. Common sense doesn't come it to it.

A 39 page rule book does: http://www.hpw.qld.gov.au/SiteCollec...olBarriers.pdf
Old May 16th 2016, 9:03 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

That rule book then would suggest that Shauna and Dee shouldn't have a problem. Their 120cm and 180cm fences seem to meet the requirements.