Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pool and air con recommendations WA

Pool and air con recommendations WA

Old Jul 20th 2007, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold
Default Pool and air con recommendations WA

Hi there,

I wondered if anyone had some recommendations they could pass on to me please?

1. Air conditioning in / around Secret Harbour. How much is it roughly for reverse cycle air conditioning (4x2 with games and study)? What should I look out for with the quotes? What sort of system would you recommend.

2. Have any of you had pools put in around the Secret Harbour area. Would you recommend the people that did yours. How much are we looking at?? What should we look out for when we are getting quotes.

Any help would be appreciated as I have no idea where to start.

Poppet
Old Jul 20th 2007, 8:11 am
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Pool and air con recommendations WA

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
1. Air conditioning in / around Secret Harbour. How much is it roughly for reverse cycle air conditioning (4x2 with games and study)? What should I look out for with the quotes? What sort of system would you recommend.

A quick trip round Harvey Norman to give you the options.
- 125watts (0.125kW) per square metre of floor area to be cooled in living areas;
- 80 watts (0.080kW) per square metre of floor area in bedrooms.
See http://www.energyrating.gov.au/acl.html
Old Jul 20th 2007, 8:50 am

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pool and air con recommendations WA

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
Hi there,

I wondered if anyone had some recommendations they could pass on to me please?

2. Have any of you had pools put in around the Secret Harbour area. Would you recommend the people that did yours. How much are we looking at?? What should we look out for when we are getting quotes.

Any help would be appreciated as I have no idea where to start.

Poppet
There's a small company in SH - Secret Harbour air conditioning run by two guys living in SH Blvd. They did our system in March; reverse cycle, 8 outlets (I think) and 5 zones for $8.5k

Really nice people. Just check that you are getting the zones you are after and a large enough inverter for the job.

Cameron at Ford and Doonan is also a nice guy. They are doing the system in our new build.

Haven't had the pool installed yet, so I can't comment on that one! We did shop around alot and went with Sapphire Pools in Rockingham in the end. Guardian don't coat there's with any of the 'shimmer' finish, so they tend to look a little flat. Pools seem to be like builders - everyone has a bad experience with each company somewhere along the line!

Any further info I can give you, just shout.

Jules x

Last edited by julesandco; Jul 20th 2007 at 8:52 am.