Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Poms In Perth website

Poms In Perth website

Old Mar 11th 2004, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

Bigdigger is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sandradee
I dont understand the above, are you saying its a bad site, or am I missing something, please explain.
nothing wrong with the site, just pointing out they charge extortinate rents because they aim at the expats market knowing you have money in your pocket and the chances are you will not be aware how much rentals are. By all means book a week so you can get your bearings and sort yourself a place, any more than that is money down the drain. as for the bad attitude search the forum and you will find comments from people that have dealt with them. They are fine until they get your money.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

KathDore is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that Sandra will have a look

Kath
Old Mar 11th 2004, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Its a pleasure.
The lady at abouttown is Corinne, e-mail her and tell her I recomended them.
A lot cheaper that poms, and we found we were out so much we hardly used the unit anyway.
What was good was that there was, iron/ironing board/hoover/washingmachine/towells etc
Old Mar 11th 2004, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Yeh Ive just e-mailed them, do you know if they allow dogs - I dont suppose so it looks a bit posh!!!

I wonder if they can do pick up service from airport....

My parents will probably be there before us (retirement visa) and as they have never been before we will need a little guidance for them just to show them to apartments and area etc)

Any ideas???

Thanks
Kath
Old Mar 11th 2004, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

Why the concern about airport pickups? as far as I am aware they do have taxis, buses, trains in Perth.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

Yeh, but its nice to not have to go out and do all that if a friendly face meets you its much nicer dont you think??

Kath
Old Mar 11th 2004, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Dawn Adams will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by KathDore
Yeh, but its nice to not have to go out and do all that if a friendly face meets you its much nicer dont you think??

Kath
But EVERYONE in Perth has a friendly face
Old Mar 11th 2004, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by KathDore
Yeh Ive just e-mailed them, do you know if they allow dogs - I dont suppose so it looks a bit posh!!!

I wonder if they can do pick up service from airport....

My parents will probably be there before us (retirement visa) and as they have never been before we will need a little guidance for them just to show them to apartments and area etc)

Any ideas???

Thanks
Kath

She did offer to pick us up from the airport, but we got a taxi
Old Mar 11th 2004, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Dawn Adams
But EVERYONE in Perth has a friendly face
usually when they are extracting the cash from your pocket.
Old Mar 11th 2004, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by S Oldfield
She did offer to pick us up from the airport, but we got a taxi

Cor they were quick she got back to me already....just needed to give her some more info on my parents...

Ill let you know how I get on!!!

Kath
Old Mar 12th 2004, 1:31 am
owieb

We just got ourselves a cheap appartment in Scarborough when we arrived, cost about $40 a night. Very basic, but all you need as a base as you're going to spend most of your time out and about getting everything sorted.

We only stayed for 3 nights as we found a rental place straight away and getting a rental is going to be far cheaper than poms in perth. The properties that they advertise would rent for less than half what they charge. And there are plenty of rentals around and plenty of bargins to be had.

As for airport pickup, can't really see why it's so important to have someone there to meet you? Jump in a cab and do it that way, it only costs about $25 to get into the city, $45 to go to the coast.

Last edited by owieb; Mar 12th 2004 at 1:40 am.

Old Mar 12th 2004, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Kath - I'll come and meet you but you might be straight on the next flight back!!!
Old Mar 12th 2004, 1:32 pm
Lanarkshire Lass

sandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Simone82
add an extra s

www.aussiemove.com

Good site, well, for Perth anyway, not sure how far they are with other cities.
Another good site. Cheers.
Old Mar 12th 2004, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by DianeOZ
Kath - I'll come and meet you but you might be straight on the next flight back!!!

Oi you cheeky cow!!!

Listen missus = you wanna babysitter you best be nice to me and Laura

No its no good I need a place that takes bloody dogs!!! Someone outthere must know somewhere!! reasonably priced and clean...

Come on you guys - help and blonde bombshell out!!!

Kaththedelectibleone
Old Mar 12th 2004, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by owieb
We just got ourselves a cheap appartment in Scarborough when we arrived, cost about $40 a night. Very basic, but all you need as a base as you're going to spend most of your time out and about getting everything sorted.

We only stayed for 3 nights as we found a rental place straight away and getting a rental is going to be far cheaper than poms in perth. The properties that they advertise would rent for less than half what they charge. And there are plenty of rentals around and plenty of bargins to be had.

As for airport pickup, can't really see why it's so important to have someone there to meet you? Jump in a cab and do it that way, it only costs about $25 to get into the city, $45 to go to the coast.
Ok Oweib I get the point!!! We'll use a taxi

Did those apartments allow doggies (only small chauhaus and a westie and poodle)!!!

I cant find anywhere that does other than some unfurnished..

Kath

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.