Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

poms in perth/move to perth??

poms in perth/move to perth??

Old May 23rd 2005, 12:45 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Smile poms in perth/move to perth??

hi guys, can I ask has anyone used poms in perth or move to perth to help you relocate????? they both sound pretty good and reassuring. you will get some help when you arrive such as being picked up at the airport ect,,,,,just sounds a bit too good to be true with what they offer!!!!!!
cheers, Dawn
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Dave the Rave will become famous soon enoughDave the Rave will become famous soon enough
Default Re: poms in perth/move to perth??

Originally Posted by Dawn
hi guys, can I ask has anyone used poms in perth or move to perth to help you relocate????? they both sound pretty good and reassuring. you will get some help when you arrive such as being picked up at the airport ect,,,,,just sounds a bit too good to be true with what they offer!!!!!!
cheers, Dawn
Come to NZ Dawn it's rockin
Old May 23rd 2005, 12:50 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard the latter to be excellent but not many peeps happy with the former
Old May 23rd 2005, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

STUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Dawn
cheers, Dawn
There is also www.emi-great.com, excellent service. Highly recommended.
Donna.
Old May 23rd 2005, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Have heard good & bad about PIP to be honest. Move to Perth are a relatively new organisation & will go that bit extra to help, have heard nothing but good so far. They have done a lot of research & put a lot of effort in to their website etc. all of which is free info for you.

Loopy
Old May 23rd 2005, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

I have used Poms in Perth and had no problem at all. I would use them again. They certainly met our requirements. I have no knowledge of movetoperth.com, but I have heard that letsgoperth.com also offer a good service. You might want to give them a try (ask for Ed, mention my name and maybe I will get commission )

Dave
Old May 23rd 2005, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of

I have heard Poms in Perth are expensive but don't know for sure. I know that the chat forum on the website is censored to mainly have good things said about Perth. I know this because when I posted asking why a thread had been removed the editor emailed me to say he didn't want any negative comments as he has a business to run. Unfortunately this is not clear to most people - it at first appears to be a forum with freedom of speech.
Old May 23rd 2005, 5:07 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jugsy
I have heard Poms in Perth are expensive but don't know for sure. I know that the chat forum on the website is censored to mainly have good things said about Perth. I know this because when I posted asking why a thread had been removed the editor emailed me to say he didn't want any negative comments as he has a business to run. Unfortunately this is not clear to most people - it at first appears to be a forum with freedom of speech.
Don`t get me started on this subject- currently having an interesting time on PIP site.
Old May 23rd 2005, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Can only say that I have known a lot of people who used PIP and they have all had bad things to say about them. I will not go into detail on the forum obviously. Movetoperth.com are still a small and happening organisation, not too big that they have forgotten what they are all about, willing to go that extra mile to put a smile on your face (oooerrr)
Old May 23rd 2005, 10:20 pm
wombat42

Originally Posted by Dave the Rave
Come to NZ Dawn it's rockin
The 100,000 ex-New Zealanders now living in Perth might not agree with you.

Last edited by wombat42; May 23rd 2005 at 10:22 pm.

Old May 24th 2005, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Have also heard mixed review about PIP. I would also recommend Sandra, she's a sound person and has a rental in Merriwa and I think they do the pick up from the airport too. Try pming SJOldfield or SOldfield (can't think which one she is using now).
You can't go wrong with our Sandra!
ATB in whatever you do
Larissa
Old May 24th 2005, 6:16 am
Never been to Australia

kevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond reputekevinl has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone really need any of these companies ?
With the network of people on here and the knowledge they have plus the Internet, surely you don't need to pay for a friendly face to hold your hand ?

The only thing that might be useful, in my opinion, is the furnished Accommodation for the first week or so.
Even then you can find holiday lets.

If you want a pick up from the airport what's wrong with a cab.

Kevin
Old May 24th 2005, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Maybe not everyone needs companies like these, especially if you have family or friends you are coming to. However, for those coming on their lonesome they can provide a huge amount of help in those first few days when everything is new. For many they can help with a short or even longer term rental. Iknow the lady from movetoperth personally inspects all the properties they use & wouldn't recommend one she wouldn't stay in herself.
Old May 25th 2005, 10:22 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: poms in perth/move to perth??

Hi Larissa, thanks for thats, maybe im being really stupid here , but whos Sandra???

sounds like good advice, thanks alot
Dawn x
Old May 25th 2005, 11:17 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Smile Re: poms in perth/move to perth??

For me personally, never having been to Perth and not having any family we can actually stay with...feel dealing with a company like this, for at least the first few weeks will help us find a footing. I have a hubby, 3 daughters 18,16 and 4 and a german shepherd, so anything to make life easier for us can only be a bonus.To have a friendly face will in invaluble im sure, however, im sure its not for everyone. These people give you the option and if you choose not to use them,then thats fine too, but nice to know we have a choice...maybe im just a bit of a coward!!!
I am under no illusion that they are all brilliant, which is why im asking for your opinions...wish us luck!!!!
Dawn

Originally Posted by kevinl
Does anyone really need any of these companies ?
With the network of people on here and the knowledge they have plus the Internet, surely you don't need to pay for a friendly face to hold your hand ?

The only thing that might be useful, in my opinion, is the furnished Accommodation for the first week or so.
Even then you can find holiday lets.

If you want a pick up from the airport what's wrong with a cab.

Kevin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.