British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Poms In Perth (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/poms-perth-381900/)

Issie Jun 28th 2006 6:51 am

Poms In Perth

We are thinking of using them for some rental accomadation. Has anybody used them before? Any feedback would be great.

Thanks in advance :) :)

steve99 Jun 28th 2006 7:23 am

Re: Poms In Perth

Originally Posted by Issie
We are thinking of using them for some rental accomadation. Has anybody used them before? Any feedback would be great.

Dont have first hand experience but ive only ever heard negative things said about them, do a search on here and im sure you'l find threads with the specifics.

shade8 Jun 28th 2006 7:35 am

I have heard good things some people we know.Know the guy who runs it they have helped pleny of people.I would look on their site and ask people.

northernbird Jun 28th 2006 7:38 am

I have heard good and bad. However the bad were from direct competitors so draw your own conclusion. www.ozstays.com.au is another option.

manxfamily Jun 28th 2006 8:39 am

Originally Posted by northernbird
I have heard good and bad. However the bad were from direct competitors so draw your own conclusion. www.ozstays.com.au is another option.

Not sure on what their accomodation is like but I used to frequent the forum over there, when Perth was an option. A nice bunch of people.

Good luck

The Vallies Jun 28th 2006 9:11 am

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Not sure on what their accomodation is like but I used to frequent the forum over there, when Perth was an option. A nice bunch of people.

Good luck

Hi There

We used Poms in Perth first time we came over 2 yrs ago, and can highly recommend them, we stayed at their Beldon property which was just what we needed.

In April when we came over, we used OzStays and stayed at the Kalleroo rental (Poms in Perth had nothing available). That too was perfect.

Short term furnished properties can be pricey, but worth it if you need a few weeks before settling into an area.

If you need any further info, feel free to ask.

Good luck

Nicola
x

Issie Jun 28th 2006 11:43 am

Originally Posted by The Vallies
Hi There

We used Poms in Perth first time we came over 2 yrs ago, and can highly recommend them, we stayed at their Beldon property which was just what we needed.

In April when we came over, we used OzStays and stayed at the Kalleroo rental (Poms in Perth had nothing available). That too was perfect.

Short term furnished properties can be pricey, but worth it if you need a few weeks before settling into an area.

If you need any further info, feel free to ask.

Good luck

Nicola
x

Thanks Nicola ...feeling a bit more reassurd now. Hope to be staying at Carine :)

leigh&ivan Jun 28th 2006 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Issie

Hi Issie

Negative feedback on Poms in Perth on here, also other suggestions for rentals.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377167

Leigh

Issie Jun 28th 2006 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by leigh&ivan
Hi Issie

Negative feedback on Poms in Perth on here, also other suggestions for rentals.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377167

Leigh

Thanks for that link Leigh. I have just emailed them to ask a few more questions before i commit :)

AlCo Jun 28th 2006 11:12 pm

We used them last year - property was great, location was great. Could we get them to repair anything in the house....no. Took too much effort. I would look elsewhere, there are much better deals available if you do a search on here for holiday rentals in Perth.

I think the name says it all....Poms in Perth....isn't that what you are getting away from??

jensteve Jun 29th 2006 12:51 am

Originally Posted by AlCo
We used them last year - property was great, location was great. Could we get them to repair anything in the house....no. Took too much effort. I would look elsewhere, there are much better deals available if you do a search on here for holiday rentals in Perth.

I think the name says it all....Poms in Perth....isn't that what you are getting away from??

Heard a similar thing, person having to pay their own pool maintenance which with holiday accomodation is usually thrown in, guess thay look at it as short term let and can't be bothered helping, afterall they have you exactly where they want you and not knowing over here will just put up with them.
Jenny

kimi Jun 30th 2006 5:44 am

Originally Posted by jensteve
Heard a similar thing, person having to pay their own pool maintenance which with holiday accomodation is usually thrown in, guess thay look at it as short term let and can't be bothered helping, afterall they have you exactly where they want you and not knowing over here will just put up with them.
Jenny

Hi

I have a holiday rental and I would be there straight away if anything was wrong.

I had clients arrive yesterday, and once they got into the house, I took down a shopping list and went off shopping for them and left them relaxing with a cuppa.

These people are new to the country I just wouldnt leave anyone to just fend for themselves.

K

claire edwards Jun 30th 2006 5:58 am

Can recommend ozstays from personal experience, have now stayed in a couple of the listed properties while waiting for more permanent accommodation to be finalised. Can be more pricey, but generally accommodation is of a good standard and it makes the settling in a whole lot easier.