Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Poms destroy Paradise

Poms destroy Paradise

Old Jun 19th 2003, 1:28 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Poms destroy Paradise

From the time the Afghan Muslims came to this country, they were subjected to racist persecution. The semi-literate Anglo-migrants busily taking the land from the Aborigines in Australia at that time, were totally convinced of their own racial, religious and cultural superiority to all other human beings. The fact that they were subjects of ‘the Empire upon which the sun never set’ made it self-evidently clear that they had been chosen by God to rule the inferior races.

http://members.tripod.com/~Bregava/australia01

Old Jun 19th 2003, 3:41 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Poms destroy Paradise

Not a lot has changed then has it?
I was actually more interested in the bottom article "who are the real terrorists"

PB if you want a good read, buy the book "Saddams Bombmaker" by Khidhir Hamza, he's a nuke scientist who was creating the bomb in Iraq - the title says it all really. It is very interesting the involvement of the West, and what actually went on there (the book was written before 9/11 which actually makes it more interesting, very relevant, frighteningly relevant to be honest with you.

The other book which you may enjoy, I haven't finished reading it yet "why people hate America?" written by a British Muslim, and a welsh woman - I can't remember their names off hand. But it explores the naivety of peoples thinking "west and East" - the title sounds worse than it is, it's not about "hating" America - it's "Why" some people think that the middle east hates them, and why some do. Complicated.

. It's quite laughable some of the racist comments I've seen on this forum

Why don't they improve the quality of their home countries? Someone said - Well that's big of "us"!! Have they any idea of the west's involvement in the Middle East? "We� have interfered with their politics throughout history for our own greed, creating a mess, then when we've totally changed the natural path of history by creating monsters and then we walk away until it gets out of control until we can no longer ignore it... and we think that it has nothing to do with us. .. lol.

I find it ironic that some of them complain about refugees when Aus is full of people who have come through the back door/easy way from New Zealand, or is that different? A lot of Immigrants from Britain say they want to come to Aus for a better quality of life for themselves and family, refugees say the same! The only difference is that refugees are actually fleeing real hardship unlike you molly coddled "I want sun" lot. What makes you a better immigrant than an Iraqi or an Afghanistan - because you speak English maybe? Because you seem to think that being a Brit etc gives you superiority over Arab and Asian world countries, ask why they are third world countries!! or is it easier to say it's all their own fault instead of looking into our own involvement and interfering to feather our own nest?
Do they know how many doctors and scientists, real qualified people are among the illegal immigrants of which they speak of? And then we get people here in Aus emigrating from Britain who are hairdressers etc etc ? they should step off their moral high ground. I know who I'd rather live next-door to- an Iraqi doctor or a British hairdresser? Easy choice for me..

You see the minorities on your TV's and in your papers, and seem to think that all refugees are like that? Why on earth do some people think ALL ILLEGAL immigrants are scroungers etc? Oh what's it like to be so full of morals?

And as for “they� don't mix, I wonder how many of them have put the hand of friendship out to them??? No wonder a lot of Brits can't hack living in any other country than a "western" country.

They are very privileged to be British, and yes we can thank our forefathers for the freedom we enjoy today, but we can also thank them for interfering with other countries too. Are third world and developing countries privileged to be a product of the western politics and greed? "We" didn't become a rich country just from our "nice" policies.

- Hatred brings stereotyping and stereotyping brings hatred (This is a form of racism). Think about it. Also, to hate a person, or peoples who you think that hate you... you have just stepped onto dangerous ground - you have just entered a mutual agreement with that person/people. I feel sorry for some people aye. .

I fear a lot of "white" Brit's and Aussies have more in common with the one time Nazi’s than a free thinking country.

But really – they talk about invasion by refugees – they need to look at their own back yard first.

The stereotipical attitudes which some people have , geeze!
I'll get off my soapbox now I've fallen through the wood! lol
cheers
Old Jun 19th 2003, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
From the time the Afghan Muslims came to this country, they were subjected to racist persecution. The semi-literate Anglo-migrants busily taking the land from the Aborigines in Australia at that time, were totally convinced of their own racial, religious and cultural superiority to all other human beings. The fact that they were subjects of ‘the Empire upon which the sun never set’ made it self-evidently clear that they had been chosen by God to rule the inferior races.

The punters on this site are the modern counterparts of the imperial "superiors" - a bunch of broad-backed, bold pioneers for whom my posts are too "nasty" and "hurtful", and addicts hooked on Home and Away and holiday brochures. Oz is in safe hands indeed. If it was not so sad, it would be funny. I cannot wait for these wimps to be my neighbours - I think I will bully them for their pocket money and get rich.
Old Jun 19th 2003, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Ceri
I was actually more interested in the bottom article "who are the real terrorists"

PB if you want a good read, buy the book "Saddams Bombmaker" by Khidhir Hamza, he's a nuke scientist who was creating the bomb in Iraq - the title says it all really. It is very interesting the involvement of the West, and what actually went on there (the book was written before 9/11 which actually makes it more interesting, very relevant, frighteningly relevant to be honest with you.

The other book which you may enjoy, I haven't finished reading it yet "why people hate America?" written by a British Muslim, and a welsh woman - I can't remember their names off hand. But it explores the naivety of peoples thinking "west and East" - the title sounds worse than it is, it's not about "hating" America - it's "Why" some people think that the middle east hates them, and why some do. Complicated.

. It's quite laughable some of the racist comments I've seen on this forum

Why don't they improve the quality of their home countries? Someone said - Well that's big of "us"!! Have they any idea of the west's involvement in the Middle East? "We� have interfered with their politics throughout history for our own greed, creating a mess, then when we've totally changed the natural path of history by creating monsters and then we walk away until it gets out of control until we can no longer ignore it... and we think that it has nothing to do with us. .. lol.

I find it ironic that some of them complain about refugees when Aus is full of people who have come through the back door/easy way from New Zealand, or is that different? A lot of Immigrants from Britain say they want to come to Aus for a better quality of life for themselves and family, refugees say the same! The only difference is that refugees are actually fleeing real hardship unlike you molly coddled "I want sun" lot. What makes you a better immigrant than an Iraqi or an Afghanistan - because you speak English maybe? Because you seem to think that being a Brit etc gives you superiority over Arab and Asian world countries, ask why they are third world countries!! or is it easier to say it's all their own fault instead of looking into our own involvement and interfering to feather our own nest?
Do they know how many doctors and scientists, real qualified people are among the illegal immigrants of which they speak of? And then we get people here in Aus emigrating from Britain who are hairdressers etc etc ? they should step off their moral high ground. I know who I'd rather live next-door to- an Iraqi doctor or a British hairdresser? Easy choice for me..

You see the minorities on your TV's and in your papers, and seem to think that all refugees are like that? Why on earth do some people think ALL ILLEGAL immigrants are scroungers etc? Oh what's it like to be so full of morals?

And as for “they� don't mix, I wonder how many of them have put the hand of friendship out to them??? No wonder a lot of Brits can't hack living in any other country than a "western" country.

They are very privileged to be British, and yes we can thank our forefathers for the freedom we enjoy today, but we can also thank them for interfering with other countries too. Are third world and developing countries privileged to be a product of the western politics and greed? "We" didn't become a rich country just from our "nice" policies.

- Hatred brings stereotyping and stereotyping brings hatred (This is a form of racism). Think about it. Also, to hate a person, or peoples who you think that hate you... you have just stepped onto dangerous ground - you have just entered a mutual agreement with that person/people. I feel sorry for some people aye. .

I fear a lot of "white" Brit's and Aussies have more in common with the one time Nazi’s than a free thinking country.

But really – they talk about invasion by refugees – they need to look at their own back yard first.

cheers
Ceri, I have got you completely wrong. What a post - best I have ever read here. People like you restore my faith in human nature. I know you have me on ignore and might not be interested in my opinion, but I believe in credit where credit's due and that was a great statement full of sense and showing more guts than most of the racist wimps here scared of a beggar on the tube.
Old Jun 19th 2003, 4:06 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

cheers

You are a class girl if I had half your brains I would not be the waster that I have become.
I am sick of the the refugees (immigrants) from the UK looking down on their fellow human beings without just cause.
I bet these good people were cheering in front of their TV s as Iraqis were being ripped apart to suit Mr Bushes world plans.

Old Jun 19th 2003, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

You are a class girl if I had half your brains I would not be the waster that I have become.
I am sick of the the refugees (immigrants) from the UK looking down on their fellow human beings without just cause.
I bet these good people were cheering in front of their TV s as Iraqis were being ripped apart to suit Mr Bushes world plans.

What this woman says has made me remember what makes Britain great.
Old Jun 19th 2003, 4:26 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

I threw Michel de Montaigne into the pot yesterday but nothing came of the brew. So I will cook it myself.

Montaigne had carved into the ceiling beams of his library many Greek and Latin quotations to provide him with inspiration and guidance. The one that comes to my mind:

'Stercus cuique suum bene olet.'

"Everyone's shit smells good to himself."

As well as looking for inspiration from others his own quotations had merit:

"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
Old Jun 19th 2003, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Florida_03
I threw Michel de Montaigne into the pot yesterday but nothing came of the brew. So I will cook it myself.

Montaigne had carved into the ceiling beams of his library many Greek and Latin quotations to provide him with inspiration and guidance. The one that comes to my mind:

"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
I am no learned scholar, but with most of the knuckle trailing losers trying to get into Oz on this site, you would have to throw a bike into a river to get their attention rather than a Michel into a pot. You can throw a rattle into their pram next time? Make it a musical one though, else they will eat it.
Old Jun 19th 2003, 4:32 am
Banned

Originally posted by Florida_03

Had a crap this morning I wish I could have escaped from the smell was not to my taste , have I a problem.
Only pollies measure their words to get attention most of us are blind to working the thoughts of the public .

Old Jun 19th 2003, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

The British had a stabaliseing influence in Africa when they ruled their, and yes they had ulterior motives of sources of food and resources, and a market for their products, but they also brought civilization to the countries, and brought an end to wars amonst the populations down their.

Most of Western Europe went to Africa to carve an empire and most succeeded, they brought peace and prosperity to these countries. Show me one African nation now that has peace and prosperity, you cannot because their isn't one.

One of the last was Rhodesia, and I visited their when Smith was in control, during the day it was peacefull and prosperous and only at night was their any danger from the terrosists and then only in outlying places. Rhodesia was the bread basket of Africa and now it's just a basket case, with half it's pop starving.

It wasn't the terrorists that brought Rhodesia down it was the white liberal do gooder politicians around the world, that thought the blacks had a right to rule and slaughter each other. Well they got their wish, I'm hope you are pleased with yourselves because you sound like one of that persuasion.
Old Jun 19th 2003, 4:35 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Shucks - your making me blush!
I'm starting to worry now!.... Hang on I'll have to get my Dragon Burning the Queen flag out again - lol

It's not "them and Us". I do not understand why people can't accept others just because they are different. There is nothing wrong with holding on to your culture , language etc being proud of who you are. But there is something wrong with people who can't understand that we are not all the same. I am not religious, I do not believe in a god, but it doesn't stop me mixing with "religious" people from all walks of life , whether you are Muslim, Buddhist , Christian, black , white - I do not care.

Funny thing is I bet a lot of these racists here on this board are Christian Brits, and I thought "tolerance" and love thy neighbour was taught in that religion as with most religions.

It's just ironic that they complain about refugees when they are from the once "British Empire".

It's hard looking at yourself objectively I know - It's so easy to blame others. This applies to everybody white and black etc.

ahh well that's human nature, I'm guilty of doing it myself and anyone who says they don't stereotype to a certain extent are lying to themselves.

cheers
Old Jun 19th 2003, 4:36 am
Banned

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
The British had a stabaliseing influence in Africa when they ruled their, and yes they had ulterior motives of sources of food and resources, and a market for their products, but they also brought civilization to the countries, and brought an end to wars amonst the populations down their.

Most of Western Europe went to Africa to carve an empire and most succeeded, they brought peace and prosperity to these countries. Show me one African nation now that has peace and prosperity, you cannot because their isn't one.

One of the last was Rhodesia, and I visited their when Smith was in control, during the day it was peacefull and prosperous and only at night was their any danger from the terrosists and then only in outlying places. Rhodesia was the bread basket of Africa and now it's just a basket case, with half it's pop starving.

It wasn't the terrorists that brought Rhodesia down it was the white liberal do gooder politicians around the world, that thought the blacks had a right to rule and slaughter each other. Well they got their wish, I'm hope you are pleased with yourselves because you sound like one of that persuasion.

You will never be a good Aussie with your Empire drum banging , we Brits created all Australias problems and the worlds so me Aussie mates tell me.

Old Jun 19th 2003, 4:40 am
Banned

Shucks - your making me blush!
I'm starting to worry now!.... Hang on I'll have to get my Dragon Burning the Queen flag out again - lol

ahh well that's human nature, I'm guilty of doing it myself and anyone who says they don't stereotype to a certain extent are lying to themselves.

cheers
Well I would say the Welsh are well educated good people who I always liked and respected , hope thats not me stereotyping your race

Old Jun 19th 2003, 4:42 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by Kiwipaul

Who's peace and prosperity? You would do very well in America you know.
You think a peaceful country can be made overnight? What gives you "we" the right to interfere with other nations in the first place?

It's the British/US way of thinking - or none at all isn't it?

Have a look at Latin America, Have a look at Iraq and Iran, have a look at Pakistan to name but a few.

Last edited by Ceri; Jun 19th 2003 at 4:45 am.
Old Jun 19th 2003, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

You will never be a good Aussie with your Empire drum banging , we Brits created all Australias problems and the worlds so me Aussie mates tell me.

I take it these are aboriginie mates because all the rest have come from somewhere else mostly UK and it could be they are just as much to blame for the perceived problems as anyone else.
If they are mates of your must be a cast iron certainity.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.