Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pommie's got a little buddy! AAAH how sweet.

Pommie's got a little buddy! AAAH how sweet.

Old Sep 9th 2002, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Pommie's got a little buddy! AAAH how sweet.

Hey everyone!!!! PB has found someone to join his little club. Strength in numbers, as they say.
Howard Tiz- another brilliiantly read tosspot with nothing better to do than irritate the s**t out of people like me.

Long may they reign!

Perhaps they could start a new web site http://www.miserablesadlonelynolifen...sunited.co.au.

Lovely- keep it up boys!
Old Sep 10th 2002, 4:31 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pommie's got a little buddy! AAAH how sweet.

Originally posted by NickyTurner:
Hey everyone!!!! PB has found someone to join his little club. Strength in numbers, as they say.
Howard Tiz- another brilliiantly read tosspot with nothing better to do than irritate the s**t out of people like me.

Long may they reign!

Perhaps they could start a new web site http://www.miserablesadlonelynolifen...sunited.co.au.

Lovely- keep it up boys!
I know you love news from Australia and I love to keep you imformed.This is what Howard pointed out , truth is not your thing but try it now and again stops silly dreams.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Print this page
Child obesity costs nation $830m

10sep02

OBESITY among Australian children is becoming a problem "of epidemic proportions", New South Wales Health Minister Craig Knowles has warned.

Mr Knowles was addressing a childhood obesity summit in Sydney attended by doctors, parents and children.
The health minister said the summit was about "putting facts on the record so that we can deal with it".

One in five children under the age of 15 is either overweight or obese, compared to a ratio of one in 40 during the middle of the last century, Mr Knowles said.

"Nobody wants their children to be obese but that is what is happening more and more often.

"Many still dismiss an overweight child as carrying 'puppy fat'."

The health problems which arise from having overweight or obese children cost the country $830 million a year, Mr Knowles said.

The three-day summit - similar to the NSW government's 1999 drug summit - is bringing together representatives from food manufacturing and advertising sectors, nutritional experts, health care professionals, young people and their parents.

Mr Knowles warned that, with the number of overweight people increasing each year, eventually deaths stemming from obesity-related health problems will exceed those from the HIV virus and road deaths combined.

"Whilst we have been recognised as a great sporting nation ... we're rapidly approaching the gold medal for obesity, it's a medal we don't want to win," he said.

Modern lifestyle choices were a major contributor with people owning smaller houses, living further away from schools and relying on television for entertainment, Mr Knowles said.

"When kids arrive home from school the backyard cricket match is heavily competing against the television and computers.

"And it's more likely that both mum and dad work."

Summit chairwoman, comedian Julie McCrossin admitted it could be hard to acknowledge being overweight.

"Who wants to own up to obesity?" she said.

"We all know that when we get to soccer it's just an excuse for a sausage sizzle.

"I personally hope this will not be about blaming parents."

The Australian