Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pommie Bastard Sucks!!!

Wikiposts

Pommie Bastard Sucks!!!

Old Aug 10th 2003, 3:43 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pommie Bastard Sucks!!!

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
My problem is not with the Australian Gov. It's with the likes of You and Wilf who slag off Australia every chance you get and imply people moving here from the uk are amongst other things refugees.

I don't have a problem with people posting negative views so long as they are balanced, your views are so unbalanced that chances are that you must be also.
Why do refugees move countries not the stated economic reasons 99% of the immos on this forum have shouted the odds about.
Would an immo move to country they thought they would be worse off in , call the deluded what you will there is a fine line between a refugee and an immo.
I add the balance that this forum requires the sheep need a wake up.

Old Aug 10th 2003, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Why do refugees move countries not the stated economic reasons 99% of the immos on this forum have shouted the odds about.
Would an immo move to country they thought they would be worse off in , call the deluded what you will there is a fine line between a refugee and an immo.
I add the balance that this forum requires the sheep need a wake up.

So you'd consider yourself a deluded refugee whose been led around like a sheep do you.

Just using your own words
Old Aug 10th 2003, 3:53 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

So you'd consider yourself a deluded refugee whose been led around like a sheep do you.

Just using your own words
Coming to Australia I soon awoke to what a Pom is and have spent much time trying to humour the natives so you could be right.
My time as a refugee ends next week so theres hope for me , that bitch Mad Maggi made me homeless.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Aug 10th 2003 at 4:03 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2003, 3:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

My problem is not with the Australian Gov. It's with the likes of You and Wilf who slag off Australia every chance you get and imply people moving here from the uk are amongst other things refugees.

I don't have a problem with people posting negative views so long as they are balanced, your views are so unbalanced that chances are that you must be also.

The people on the forum share a lot of the things with refugees - trying to make a better life for them and their family, looked down on by the locals, difficulties finding permanent and enjoyable work in their area of experience, coming from a land they see as worse to a land they see as better. They might only be fleeing Tony Blair, rather than Idi Amin, but they are still desperate and on the hoof when you read their messages - they sound like the UK is on fire or has plague so I think they are seeking refuge.

I think you make a false distinction between them and the so-called refugees the UN and that are always on about. They are all like refugees to me - as I was when I came to Oz. Thing is, I do not deny it and put myself above other refugees round the world like they (and you?) do.
Old Aug 10th 2003, 6:52 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

It certainly seems like a lot who post on here decide to come to Oz cos they are sick of the UK (mostly for reasons related to the tabloid reporting of immigration issues) and are after a 'better life' - an oft used term on here. Few would deny they are moving for economic reasons (which I take to mean the use of all the resources Oz has to offer including its sun and sand). A comparison to refugees seems worthy if it makes such people take stock and evaluate what they are really after. I can't help but be amazed that people leave the UK for somewhere else for what seem like such trvial reasons and often reasons which don't even affect them - they just read about them in the popular tabloids. These immigrants are ill prepared for settling into a new country.