Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

pommie bashing does go on....im so mad

Wikiposts

pommie bashing does go on....im so mad

Old Dec 8th 2006, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pommie bashing does go on....im so mad

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Make sure he puts his firemans uniform on

Mind you don't chaff your legs on his wellies
lol. Got any of those tablets.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 3:22 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I think that most people here were right. Yes they were "pom bashing" but because they are bullying little twats and those type of people will always find something to pick on.

Hopefully though your sons "real" friends stuck by him and he'll hopefully realise, in time, that this type of stuff goes on everywhere and its nothing personal and he really isn't the problem.

Good luck.
Old Dec 9th 2006, 10:03 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
you Bully ....you...... .. mm
Yep. You were the kind of kid that needed bullying at school, Ockerboy.
Old Dec 10th 2006, 12:08 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Yep. You were the kind of kid that needed bullying at school, Ockerboy.
Van der Merwe , been out in the Baake........about time you replied ...... mm
Old Dec 10th 2006, 11:06 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Its precisely because its kids that makes it so hard. The likes of Sassenach (the username says it all) have it far easier when they get into fisticuffs in the playground.

Phoenix, remember the way I used to rip into Mike Stanton, some wankers just need to be reminded how low they on the ladder they are on once in a while. "Room for improvement" though I grant.

Wendy want to play doctors and nurses.
Should be ashamed of yourself Badge ,are you the BE bully boy ? because you are acting like it .Typical of someone so low on the ladder and of limited intelligence and is obviously full of ones own importance .
Old Dec 10th 2006, 11:10 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassenach
Should be ashamed of yourself Badge ,are you the BE bully boy ? because you are acting like it .Typical of someone so low on the ladder and of limited intelligence and is obviously full of ones own importance .
Old Dec 10th 2006, 11:11 am
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
listen to you!

At the end of the day, none of us really know the exact circumstances. If my kids came home reporting an incident I'd want to know if they had asked for it, most parents know that even the nicest kid can be an irritant to someone else. Some kids hates kids that seem overly secure or happy. Often it's not completely one-sided.

There's 101 reasons why a kid can be picked on and 101 reasons why they take it personally - its true that kids are not generally pragmatists....

unless you are there - well.

Hope it sorts itself out/blows over.

Depending on what happens, and how everyone manages it, either it gets worse, or they all actually start gaining respect for each other. I'm inclined not to go the retaliate with fists way too hard.
yea right.hypocrit.Amazes me how many defend the right to insult people ,but when it comes down to little kids its ''ah dont let em do it '' blah blah .
you aint no different .
Old Dec 10th 2006, 11:14 am
Banned

Originally Posted by northernbird
what couldnt think of anything to say NB ,that aint like you ,your usually full of self rightous claptrap that fits in with this side of the forum .
Old Dec 10th 2006, 11:18 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

what couldnt think of anything to say NB ,that aint like you ,your usually full of self rightous claptrap that fits in with this side of the forum .
For once Sassenach yes I am absolutely speechless. Hard to imagine I know but true. My husband would love it to happen more often.
Old Dec 10th 2006, 1:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
The worst case situation is that if they move back to the UK and by that time the kid has picked up an Aussie accent and the kids at school bully him because of that and call him an Aussie #%*@ and to go back to OZ.
Perfect answer in my opinion. I know its a long while ago now, But my brother had hell when he moved from his school in South London, to Stony Stratford, Milton Keynes. Probably took him 6 months before he was accepted, got beaten up about, 3 times by groups of locals as well, this is back in the late 70's btw... But it's exactly the same problem, an outsider with a different accent fitting in. 14 year old boys would probably be the worst for this kind of stuff.

BTW, my retired parents encountered exactly the same kind of thing when they moved from Milton Keynes to Prestatyn North Wales, on retirement. I even had trouble there, when visiting them on Holiday after being in Aussie for 9 years. "cockney twat... C..t etc in their local pub"

I think I'd rather be called a pom thanks

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Dec 10th 2006 at 1:24 pm.
Old Dec 10th 2006, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

yea right.hypocrit.Amazes me how many defend the right to insult people ,but when it comes down to little kids its ''ah dont let em do it '' blah blah .
you aint no different .
Eh? You sound like you've completely missed the point. For a start kids are different. Where did I come down on the side of the kid(s) in the first place?

My first comment was that if my kid reported bullying, I'd want to know what THEY did. I would not assume innocence.

And anyway, most people think you are wrong. So go and fight and get over your battle. Let us know how you go. And take the sign off!
Old Dec 10th 2006, 1:30 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Perfect answer in my opinion. I know its a long while ago now, But my brother had hell when he moved from his school in South London, to Stony Stratford, Milton Keynes. Probably took him 6 months before he was accepted, got beaten up about, 3 times by groups of locals as well, this is back in the late 70's btw... But it's exactly the same problem, an outsider with a different accent fitting in. 14 year old boys would probably be the worst for this kind of stuff.

BTW, my retired parents encountered exactly the same kind of thing when they moved from Milton Keynes to Prestatyn North Wales, on retirement. I even had trouble there, when visiting them on Holiday after being in Aussie for 9 years. "cockney twat... C..t etc in their local pub"

I think I'd rather be called a pom thanks
Yes l wonder if theres Aussie bashing in the UK to the same extent, anyone know of any Aussie kids in UK schools that get bullied?
Old Dec 10th 2006, 1:41 pm
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Yes l wonder if theres Aussie bashing in the UK to the same extent, anyone know of any Aussie kids in UK schools that get bullied?

No but i do know of 2 scottish kids who suffered bullying at the hands of a teacher in England and a family who were not accepted in thei English village they lived in because "they were Scottish", they were even introduced by their elderly neighbour to the local vicar and while he thought they were out of earshot he was overheard saying "they wont last here long they are scottish, they wont be accepted"

Why does it have to matter where someone was born, surely it's how they live that matters. Is someone is a nice person then they are nice, irrespective of creed or colour, if they are a tosser then steer clear of them..... Maybe i'm just over simplistic in my views and see everyone as the same until they prove me wrong.

Lynn
Old Dec 10th 2006, 1:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

My 21 YO Daughter, is living there now, born and bred here in Aussie, in some circles she just cannot get taken seriously at all. With the jokes lasting all night. She laughs it off, but one thing I can say, she has never treated any visiting UK person here, the way she gets treated by "some" people there. I mean how many times does a Aussie to the UK have to put up with the same "Jafa" jibe.

Luckily she knows the difference, and can eventually flash a UK passport at them if the needs arise, and knows she has the best of both worlds.
Old Dec 10th 2006, 3:38 pm
Banned

Budowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
yes, it does, though (obviously not in this case) sometimes i can understand why.

On Tuesday, I was walking to Pier 26 in Darling Harbour, and I cut across the Pyrmont Bridge. Strung across the bridge were 6 English thugs, all absolutely wasted screaming and shouting. For fun they were stood there trying to push people over and off of their push bikes. WTF? In some cases they were actively pursuing people across the bridge to harass them.

I was pretty disgusted with the whole thing, and also realley embarrased. It occurred to me that perhaps this sort of behaviour just about everywhere the English go is why we are so widely detested by the rest of the world...

Any thoughts?

S

Yeah. I hate the English abroad. They are w**kers. Full of gobs***e, and a superior attitude, and generally causing s**t and mostly drunk.

Makes me ashamed to be a pom.

Last edited by Pollyana; Dec 10th 2006 at 7:17 pm. Reason: inserting ******

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.