Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

pommie bashing does go on....im so mad

Wikiposts

pommie bashing does go on....im so mad

Old Dec 7th 2006, 11:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pommie bashing does go on....im so mad

Originally Posted by rab
Just a thought ... what's all this Tonk-a-Pom shit on the telly? Isn't that enough to stimulate kids into bullying English kids in schools?

I refuse to look up the website, but can guess what it's about...

I wouldn't advocate retaliation unless it's a last resort. I did it once ... ha ha ... 1978 at grammar school in UK .... after Choir Practice .... I had taken so much shit that I nearly killed the bully. Needless to say it worked!

The Tonk-a-pom thing on the web is a computer game where you hit a cricket ball and see how far you get it. So it's not that bad really
Old Dec 7th 2006, 11:45 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sassenach
is that it ,the sum total of over 5000 posts and that is all you can give as advice .The original posters is pissed at the pommie bashing and i state a fact that 15% on this site are against it ,so 85 %on this site are suckholes and dont mind being pommie bashed .shame ,shame,shame ,i feel sorry for the lady .

Im no a pommie....I have moved to a different country cos Scotland sucked....so there I admit it.....so **** off back under yer stone or up yer tree I really dont care..............and ohhh do ye no like ma 5000 posts oh pish lol
Old Dec 7th 2006, 11:45 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
I would have thought the abuse you put up with in the mbttuk section was far worse than being called a Pom.
lets be honest though bb I ask for a lot of it, I just can't hold my tongue.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 11:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Not to deflect from the OP but the irony of this thread is that you do a good job of bashing and bullying each other verbally. What hope for the 'bairns'?

OzTennis
Old Dec 7th 2006, 11:53 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

My bairns were 18 & 16 when we moved so didn't really like anything their parents did. 18 year old went back to UK for a while but now they are 25 & 23 loving the Aussie life, in fact I could just about call them Aussies.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 11:55 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
You should have encouaged him to kick the Aussie's ass into next week.
That would put an end to this shit.
Idiot ............ mm
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:11 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Oh wayne/kerrie

i am so sorry to hear about your son. it is a hard decision to uproot the kids for what we hope will be a better life but will not know until we get there, and then for them to encounter such attitudes. i agree with some of the other posters for him to start "fighting" back but probably like me it goes against everything we have brought them up to believe in such as respect for all.

I hope that his new friends will stand by him and i wish you all the best.
(i will pm you over the weekend)

sending you a big virtual hug
N x
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:17 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
Idiot ............ mm
It would work with you, Hard Yards my Ocker friend.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 2:55 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Maybe he should fight them at their own game, tell them if they hate Poms then why did they vote for one ( the Queen ) as their ruler in the referendum.
remind them that they are decended from Poms themselves, their ancesters were Pom criminals etc.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 5:19 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: pommie bashing does go on....im so mad

Originally Posted by wayne/kerrie
I am so bloody angry those who have read my threads will know how badly my son {14yrs} has struggled to settle in anyway ,he has made some mates who have been taken him swimming at a local river where all the kids go.

he loves it and we thought great finally we are getting somewhere then another kids who he did not know where also was at the river , one little shit realized he was a pommie and that was it he was teased and picked on and totally pommie bashed ..i picked up a very upset teen wanting to go home and back to his own proper mates in the uk and i can't bloody blame him.

So where do the kids get the pommie bashing from they parents

i am so mad we have just took another ten steps back because of these bullies ..

so sorry YES POMMIE BASHING DOES GO ON
As someone who was relentlessly bullied at school, I have every sympathy for you and your son.

Don't let a couple of little bastards ruin your new life. Take action.

PS. As another forum member said, kids will always bully those who are different; they don't necessarily learn it from their parents. I was bullied for what sounded like a Pommy accent to the locals; it was never about racism, but simply about the fact that I wasn't one of them.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 5:27 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
As someone who was relentlessly bullied at school, I have every sympathy for you and your son.

Don't let a couple of little bastards ruin your new life. Take action.

PS. As another forum member said, kids will always bully those who are different; they don't necessarily learn it from their parents. I was bullied for what sounded like a Pommy accent to the locals; it was never about racism, but simply about the fact that I wasn't one of them.
Dear Vash

It probably had nothing to do with your accent or about being perceived as 'different'. Bullying in my experience is about nasty individuals looking for acceptance in a pack of others, where one person gets to ride on the self-importance train of Alpha Male or Female for a time, shredding the self-esteem of the victim that caught their eye (picked for being seeming 'soft or through reasons of jealousy, sometimes difference, sometimes fear) enjoying the belittling of another to mask the deep inadequacies of themself/selves.

Bullies are to be pitied and their bums smacked til they are RED! (but only if they're adults)!

I loathe pack mentality.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 5:42 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

I'm all for kids sticking up for themselves, but I'm surprised how many people
have advocated violence as the solution to this. It could have a lot of negative consequences - not least the fact that the group of ignorant bullies taunting the boy might have all kicked the sh*t out of him - if not there then another time.
It would also give the other kids reason to dislike him.
It also teaches the kid that violence is the way to solve problems.
Not sure that any of those results are really desirable.

I'd say it's better to teach kids how to verbally fight their way out of situations like that, to retain the moral high ground and keep some self-respect & dignity, however upsetting the bullying might be. Only solution is to rise above it, ride it out and then come out the other side a stronger person with some loyal friends who would respect the way you dealt with it. Sounds like the boy in question has more maturity than some of the people on this forum. Hats off to him.
Old Dec 8th 2006, 7:10 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
It would work with you, Hard Yards my Ocker friend.
you Bully ....you...... .. mm
Old Dec 8th 2006, 7:10 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by esperanza
I'm all for kids sticking up for themselves, but I'm surprised how many people
have advocated violence as the solution to this. It could have a lot of negative consequences - not least the fact that the group of ignorant bullies taunting the boy might have all kicked the sh*t out of him - if not there then another time.
It would also give the other kids reason to dislike him.
It also teaches the kid that violence is the way to solve problems.
Not sure that any of those results are really desirable.

I'd say it's better to teach kids how to verbally fight their way out of situations like that, to retain the moral high ground and keep some self-respect & dignity, however upsetting the bullying might be. Only solution is to rise above it, ride it out and then come out the other side a stronger person with some loyal friends who would respect the way you dealt with it. Sounds like the boy in question has more maturity than some of the people on this forum. Hats off to him.

Have you actually met any bullies that would litsten to reason from another child. the child being bullied hardly has time to say anything through the taunts. Most horrible kids hardly listen to peers and teachers let alone a frightened child. i totally get that the poor sole going through this could have ended up being hurt, but in my experience showing that you aren't going to roll over and stand your ground earns more respect than trying to stutter your 'moral high ground'.

who knows what the solution is. each case is different and each child is different, i just hope the schools and youth leasers find some way of stopping it. sending all the bas***ds to a desolated place for a few years doing chain gang work might give them something to think about
Old Dec 8th 2006, 7:15 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

The worst case situation is that if they move back to the UK and by that time the kid has picked up an Aussie accent and the kids at school bully him because of that and call him an Aussie #%*@ and to go back to OZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.