Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pom in NZ moving to Aus in 2013

Pom in NZ moving to Aus in 2013

Old Nov 16th 2011, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pom in NZ moving to Aus in 2013

Thanks guys. I'm not even going to try and work out where we want to settle yet as things change and my timeline is around 18 months. I am just going to concentrate on getting my qualifications assessed and get some of my work experience here before looking at jobs in Oz.

It's true about the 'going to foreign lands every other weekend'. I'll still want to go to Raro/Bali/Indonesia etc. but with 2 (better than NZ) wages coming in, it's not really going to matter where we go. Horses for courses

Finished my final exams this week so now it is crunch time. Need to get the ball rolling...
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

Mike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really niceMike-T is just really nice

Originally Posted by sheene
To sum up - OZ feels 'up', NZ just felt 'down'.
That is so true Sheene. We feel exactly the same. Plus with the sun shining virtually every day for a seemingly endless 7 months of summer (here in WA anyway) life is just so much better.

36 degrees today, 37 tomorrow, summer is here, and I love it, love it, LOVE IT!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I can't wait.

I sent out my CV to a couple of people in Oz just to test the waters, and had 2 interviews lined up within an hour!! I hadn't expected that and then had to apologise and decline as I need to have my qualifications assessed before I can think about applying. That can take anything up to 10 weeks and at $750NZ, I can't really squeeze that much from the purse this side of Christmas

Now, where did I put that pile of Uni books I no longer need....
Old Nov 24th 2011, 1:52 pm
UK to NZ to OZ

sarahinnz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
it will be interesting to see how your journey unfolds, we too want to make the move from NZ to OZ. we have been here 6yrs and my husband is looking for work around Brisbane. We are currently in a small town just outside CHCH and even though we did love it here, and for other reasons we want to go asap.
I was NNEB trained in the UK, and have my NZ diploma in early childhood but im not sure even if this is recognised in OZ, but hey im willing to start from the bottom again!! as i do love this proffession.

I think at the end of the day, you only get one chance at life and you need to make the most of it. So good luck with your ongoing research, im sure i'll be on BE for a while yet, researching all I can too before we make our move!

Good luck
Old Nov 24th 2011, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sarahinnz
Hi
it will be interesting to see how your journey unfolds, we too want to make the move from NZ to OZ. we have been here 6yrs and my husband is looking for work around Brisbane. We are currently in a small town just outside CHCH and even though we did love it here, and for other reasons we want to go asap.
I was NNEB trained in the UK, and have my NZ diploma in early childhood but im not sure even if this is recognised in OZ, but hey im willing to start from the bottom again!! as i do love this proffession.

I think at the end of the day, you only get one chance at life and you need to make the most of it. So good luck with your ongoing research, im sure i'll be on BE for a while yet, researching all I can too before we make our move!

Good luck
Good luck to you too. I start studying towards my Dip Tchg and completed a semester before being told by an Australian friend (who lives here and has her Dip Tchg from NZ) that she can't work in Australia with that qualification as it's not at a Bachelor level. Check it out though as things might have changed now, but I transferred to do my Bachelor of Education because I wanted the option of teaching outside NZ if we wanted to move anywhere else, and thought this was the safest option.

I might have to wait another 12-18 months before being able to go, but I can deal with that. It will go by so fast and it will allow me plenty of time to get paperwork, shipping and all the other stuff sorted out.

Good luck to you too! Let me know how you go