Reload this Page >

Pollsters positivity...

Pollsters positivity...

Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:20 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pollsters positivity...

...ran out last week.
Hoping it was temporary, how are you Pollster, did the choc, n vod do the trick?

Michaela
Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:38 pm
WBB

Default Re: Pollsters positivity...

Originally posted by mcmercer
...ran out last week.
Hoping it was temporary, how are you Pollster, did the choc, n vod do the trick?

Michaela
she is a dark horse our pollster.

Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:39 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Well - we were back on the up but here follow the list of calamities that have struck me since then......

1. Redecorating the kitchen - chose a lovely light lilac colour - once on the walls turned out to be dark purple - I like it but everyone else who has seen it ( including prospective tenants) has shown a marked lack of enthusiasm

2. Decided we needed a new light fitting in the kitchen as the old one has been up there since about 1972 - cue row with hubby about money wastage - bought it anyway - insisted hubby installed it - cue another row as he wanted to go a play golf - eventually he agreed when it was getting dark so there we were with torches - had to go to neighbours and beg a small screwdriver loan as the attachment on my penknife was less than ideal. Then had to go a beg a drill bit as I threw out our drill bit set during a mass clean-out by mistake - cue another row about wasting money. Light fitting installed - switch electricty back on - impressive bang - no lights in any room of the house now work.

3. Take dog for walk - comes back with ANOTHER gashed paw - needs stitching this time - £275 quid and one fed up dog later - another row about money ( spotting a theme here? )

4. run out of wallpaper for the one kitchen wall that needs repapering - have to go to two Homebases to get matching roll

5. Have to buy small paintbrush to get into nooks - another dispute about money as I had thrown a little one away two days before as it had yellow paint all over it which I couldn't clean.

6. went to pub on Sat night and did possibly the worst kareoke performance of my life - the shame

7. Electrician didn't turn up yesterday

8. dog ripped off banadage on foot and pulled stiches out - another £200 this morning to put them back in

9. electrician still not turned up today

10.no tenants as yet for flat - very low response to paper ad

11. Supposed to be going in three weeks - still no case officer hence no flights, shippers, pet shippers booked :scared:

12. Bloke upstairs was watching African footy last night with telly turned up full blast so not had any proper sleep AGAIN

And the crowning straw...

13. Juan Pablo Angel is not playing tomorrow night so there is no chance in hell that Villa are going to be able to claw back a victory tomorrow night - the last game hubby is going to see for a long time - he is very pissed off indeed

But apart from that - I am doing just fine!!!!!

No I am feeling a lot better - thanks to your support - and have just adopted a very fatalist attitude about EVERYTHING until life begins to prove it is worth being positive about again.
Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:44 pm
Account Closed

Wow Pollster, wish I hadnt asked

Wheres the Stoli, quick.

Michaela

P.S. Also have grumpy other half due to Angel, it'll be his last game too, so inconsiderate of him.
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Yikes! What a list. I just have a washing machine that refuses to stay fixed (and after all that effort) and a car that is on it's last legs, and falling off those. I suspect that everything is consipiring to die in the months before we go. And I've still got that medical to get through!

Poor Pollster. Chin up.
WBB

Originally posted by Pollster

12. Bloke upstairs was watching African footy last night with telly turned up full blast so not had any proper sleep AGAIN
top man, who is playing tonight?

Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Now listen here Pollster...us Harrovians are a positve bunch..dont let the side down!!!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:47 pm
Kiwified member

Originally posted by mcmercer
Wow Pollster, wish I hadnt asked

Wheres the Stoli, quick.

Michaela

P.S. Also have grumpy other half due to Angel, it'll be his last game too, so inconsiderate of him.

Oh forgot to add to the list that I ran out of voddy last night as well!!

This Angel thing is really badly timed - I feel like phoning O'leary up and demanding that Angel at least runs on once!

when do you guys leave, again?
Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:49 pm
Kiwified member

Originally posted by bundy
Yikes! What a list. I just have a washing machine that refuses to stay fixed (and after all that effort) and a car that is on it's last legs, and falling off those. I suspect that everything is consipiring to die in the months before we go. And I've still got that medical to get through!

Poor Pollster. Chin up.
I was trying to get the lights to come on agian last night ( have now succeeded yay! but you cannot touch the light switch in the kitchen or the whole lot goes off again!) and was muttering about where was Bundy with her tool box when you needed her!

whens your medical booked for?
Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:50 pm
Kiwified member

Originally posted by WBB
top man, who is playing tonight?

He won't be playing anything ever again if he does the same thing tonight!! (cue sound of chainsaw being started)
Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:51 pm
Account Closed

Oh forgot to add to the list that I ran out of voddy last night as well!!

This Angel thing is really badly timed - I feel like phoning O'leary up and demanding that Angel at least runs on once!

when do you guys leave, again?

3 weeks on friday (we just miss the blues derby which is another touchy subject at present).
Shall I pop up to Villa park and demonstrate for all of us would be expat wives who are having a hard time? Would really quite like to see Juan Pablo run on myself, not many others worth looking at!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:52 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

I was trying to get the lights to come on agian last night ( have now succeeded yay! but you cannot touch the light switch in the kitchen or the whole lot goes off again!) and was muttering about where was Bundy with her tool box when you needed her!

whens your medical booked for?
Fiddle with the fuses - usually works for me.

Meds booked for 19th Feb, week after hosp appt. Scared
:scared:
Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Well - we were back on the up but here follow the list of calamities that have struck me since then......

1. Redecorating the kitchen - chose a lovely light lilac colour - once on the walls turned out to be dark purple - I like it but everyone else who has seen it ( including prospective tenants) has shown a marked lack of enthusiasm

2. Decided we needed a new light fitting in the kitchen as the old one has been up there since about 1972 - cue row with hubby about money wastage - bought it anyway - insisted hubby installed it - cue another row as he wanted to go a play golf - eventually he agreed when it was getting dark so there we were with torches - had to go to neighbours and beg a small screwdriver loan as the attachment on my penknife was less than ideal. Then had to go a beg a drill bit as I threw out our drill bit set during a mass clean-out by mistake - cue another row about wasting money. Light fitting installed - switch electricty back on - impressive bang - no lights in any room of the house now work.

3. Take dog for walk - comes back with ANOTHER gashed paw - needs stitching this time - £275 quid and one fed up dog later - another row about money ( spotting a theme here? )

4. run out of wallpaper for the one kitchen wall that needs repapering - have to go to two Homebases to get matching roll

5. Have to buy small paintbrush to get into nooks - another dispute about money as I had thrown a little one away two days before as it had yellow paint all over it which I couldn't clean.

6. went to pub on Sat night and did possibly the worst kareoke performance of my life - the shame

7. Electrician didn't turn up yesterday

8. dog ripped off banadage on foot and pulled stiches out - another £200 this morning to put them back in

9. electrician still not turned up today

10.no tenants as yet for flat - very low response to paper ad

11. Supposed to be going in three weeks - still no case officer hence no flights, shippers, pet shippers booked :scared:

And the crowning straw...

13. Juan Pablo Angel is not playing tomorrow night so there is no chance in hell that Villa are going to be able to claw back a victory tomorrow night - the last game hubby is going to see for a long time - he is very pissed off indeed

But apart from that - I am doing just fine!!!!!

No I am feeling a lot better - thanks to your support - and have just adopted a very fatalist attitude about EVERYTHING until life begins to prove it is worth being positive about again.

Bloodyhell, you must be really stressed out!!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:53 pm
Kiwified member

The blues derby hasn't been mentioned yet but I expect there will be dark mutterings.

God we are going just two days before you - if the bloody visas come through and we can actually get a flight - we might end up going on the same day!
Old Jan 26th 2004, 1:55 pm
Kiwified member

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Bloodyhell, you must be really stressed out!!
I am trying to look at it that if all these nightmares happened in just a few days, next week will be plain sailing because I won't be owed any disasters!!

and a jammy doughnut at lunchtime helped as well!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.