POLL: TIME for a new moderator!

POLL: TIME for a new moderator!

Old May 17th 2002, 7:55 pm
col
BE Enthusiast

col is an unknown quantity at this point
Default POLL: TIME for a new moderator!

pread
No offence dude but you have your visa. We need a moderator that's still hanging in there!
I vote nigel db the guys a senior member and gets stuck in regular. if moderating maybe all questions will be answered or pointed in the right direction. Is not that part of the job?
Come on Nigel you can do it!

Col

pread sorry dude time to give up the post!!!!
Old May 20th 2002, 4:10 pm
Retired *********

pread is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: POLL: TIME for a new moderator!

Col,

No offence taken mate. Nigel, if you want it, you get my vote ! I can only moderate evenings/weekends now since our company blocked the forum via their poxy (sic) server, so I'm not much use anyway.

Cheers,
Paul.
Old May 20th 2002, 4:50 pm
ndaltonb

Default Re: POLL: TIME for a new moderator!

Hi Col,

I must admit I'm flattered but if Paul would stay on, I'm sure he has some time left to go before he pulls off the group. Also he does a damn fine job damping down any flames.

I'm afraid "senior member" just means I post a lot and nothing regarding the quality of the posts and generally we all help each other regarding questions etc.

Paul's doing a great job and if he feels he needs to give it up he can always post a poll with some names on it for a vote for a new moderator. Also, I've never moderated so haven't a clue as what to do.

Once again Col, very flattered but I'll leave it up for Paul.

Nigel db

Originally posted by col
pread
No offence dude but you have your visa. We need a moderator that's still hanging in there!
I vote nigel db the guys a senior member and gets stuck in regular. if moderating maybe all questions will be answered or pointed in the right direction. Is not that part of the job?
Come on Nigel you can do it!

Col

pread sorry dude time to give up the post!!!!

Old May 20th 2002, 4:57 pm
ndaltonb

Default Re: Re: POLL: TIME for a new moderator!

Hi Paul,

I wouldn't have a clue what to do if I was voted for moderator, also hoping for my own visa soon (Skilled Regional Sponsored 139 applied June 2001).

If you say you aren't much use (ha-ha) you may want to post what the job entails and ask anyone if they want to do it and then post a poll. From a professional viewpoint, would it be best if one of the professionals took up the role as they are this business for the long term? However I see two major problems here
1 . It would be presumptuous of us to ask them to give up billable hours when they already offer so much good advice for free (Thanks guys )
2. If one professional was the moderator, the others may think this person would have an advantage.

Sorry, babbling again, anyway, Paul, you are doing a great job.

nigel db

Originally posted by pread
Col,

No offence taken mate. Nigel, if you want it, you get my vote ! I can only moderate evenings/weekends now since our company blocked the forum via their poxy (sic) server, so I'm not much use anyway.

Cheers,
Paul.

Old May 20th 2002, 7:50 pm
col
BE Enthusiast

col is an unknown quantity at this point

Paul
Shame about the proxy wondered why we hadn't seen much of you recently!!
The guys at work haven't been so vigilant recently so I haven't been blocked yet!!!

I also beleive youv'e done a wonderful Job, thought you might have been to busy with the move.(Know the reason why now though)
So I thought I would see if I couldn't cajole some interest!

Keep up the good work dude you have my full support!!

Nigel

If Paul steps down you still have my vote!!!

Cheers guys

Col