Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Poll - Should Wilf be banned

View Poll Results: Do you want Wilf banned from this forum?
Yes
58.44%
No
36.36%
He's already on my ignore list - so it doesn't bother me either way
5.19%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Poll - Should Wilf be banned

Old Jun 5th 2003, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

appletree is an unknown quantity at this point

Please ban wilf...it makes it time-consuming to wade through these petty conversations he has with Megalania. Why can't he send a PM to Megalania as noone else cares about them!
Old Jun 6th 2003, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

simonsays is an unknown quantity at this point

33 votes to have Wilf banned. Wonder why?
Old Jun 6th 2003, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by simonsays
33 votes to have Wilf banned. Wonder why?
Ah! It's Mary Whitehouse back from the dead. Where have you been Simple? What you should wonder is why there are 11 (and rising) that say no to your ban. The ratio of 1 to 3 is about right I reckon for those able to think for themselves and cope with flak as opposed to kids like you who need thoughts implanted in them like currants in a pudding and have all the backbone of a wet towel.

Anyway, still here son. Keep reading.

Last edited by Wilf; Jun 6th 2003 at 1:26 am.
Old Jun 7th 2003, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

36 in favour of banning wilf, only 14 against.
Old Jun 7th 2003, 7:50 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Perhaps had you lot asked asked Wilf a sensible question, you just might have recieved a sensible reply, if not then he deserved scorn. But, no, his (alleged) 40+ years in Aus counted for nought with you. Dreaming, bull and backbighting seem to be your main interest. Now go bight your collective bums.
Old Jun 7th 2003, 8:31 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Megalania
Perhaps had you lot asked asked Wilf a sensible question, you just might have recieved a sensible reply, if not then he deserved scorn. But, no, his (alleged) 40+ years in Aus counted for nought with you. Dreaming, bull and backbighting seem to be your main interest. Now go bight your collective bums.
collective bums...now there's a mental image I never thought I'd have...
Old Jun 7th 2003, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

banning any body is not good for this forum

if you disagree then there is the ignor function.
if it's abusive -inform the moderator.

we had a 'ban pb' not long ago too...

every pearl needs a bit of grit

cheers

richard
Old Jun 7th 2003, 10:34 am
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pessimistic Posters

What I've been wondering is are all these pessimistic posters really like this all the time or are they just playing devil's advocate?

Are they just attention seeking? If so they are certainly getting plenty of attention!

I was discuusing one of PB's replies with my boyfriend last night in the pub. PB has become almost like a pseudo-mate - as if we are discussing someone we know.

All very bizarre!

Regards

Pookin

Perth 17th August
Old Jun 7th 2003, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by r.bartlett
banning any body is not good for this forum

if you disagree then there is the ignor function.
if it's abusive -inform the moderator.

we had a 'ban pb' not long ago too...

every pearl needs a bit of grit

cheers

richard
it doesn't help much to put him on ignore as other people often quote him so it ruins the flow & purpose of the forum
Old Jun 7th 2003, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

As far as I can see Wilf is not interested in answering questions, just leaves sarcastic non-relavant answers to any and every post, therefore his alledged 40+ years in Oz is of no benefit to anyone. He is a wind up merchant whos only pleasure in life appears to be running other people down. Can't really see how that is of any benefit to this forum.
Old Jun 8th 2003, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by karawara88
As far as I can see Wilf is not interested in answering questions, just leaves sarcastic non-relavant answers to any and every post, therefore his alledged 40+ years in Oz is of no benefit to anyone. He is a wind up merchant whos only pleasure in life appears to be running other people down. Can't really see how that is of any benefit to this forum.
Some people only need a small thing to make them think a lot whereas others need more, that's all. Not everyone puts things across the same way - bit boring if we were all like you (or me) no?
Ban me or ignore me if it suits you.
Old Aug 13th 2003, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

grahamclan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Poll - Should Wilf be banned

Originally posted by simonsays
Who is sick of this forum be littered with irrelevant and abusive comments from Wilf?

Have your vote.
I vote for this Wilf poster, who obviously has obsessive complusive disorder, to be banned.
Old Aug 13th 2003, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

bryank is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by karawara88
He is a wind up merchant whos only pleasure in life appears to be running other people down.
Exactly! A very sad old man.
Old Aug 13th 2003, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by bryank
Exactly! A very sad old man.

You have posted to me several times this week and I have been kind enough to ignore them. Now this. I am helping to give meaning to your life at the moment and now you want to ban me?

I do not care if 44 votes are to ban me. Look, there are 22 people who do not want me banned. I am posting for them, not you.

It seems to me that the proportions are about right. Twice as many people want me banned as want me to stay, and twice as many people on the forum have not even lived in Oz for 6 months as those who have. I am not saying things that please those who want Oz to be perfect and so do not expect to be loved (though I have my fans and tribute posters - like Chippy, for example) but I am posting Oz as it is, not as you would wish it was. If you do not like my stuff, ignore it.

In contrast to you, I would never ask for your stuff to be banned. That would be pathetic to me.
Old Aug 13th 2003, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

bryank is an unknown quantity at this point

50% vote is all that is required in a democracy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.