Me mam said I could not Join them
14.29%
I have me own mind bugger giving it them
42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Poll should Pom Dreamers be Banned from this site

Old Aug 13th 2003, 6:43 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Poll should Pom Dreamers be Banned from this site

The amount of bloody pointless polls that degrade this forum seem to be coming from Pom dreamers who have a wanna be in my gang frame of mind is getting out of hand.
Now I do believe in freedom of speach but not the freedom to hunt down the real people on this site by running witch hunt polls is sad.

Last edited by pommie bastard; Aug 13th 2003 at 6:55 am.
Old Aug 13th 2003, 7:17 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Poll should Pom Dreamers be Banned from this site

Originally posted by pommie bastard
The amount of bloody pointless polls that degrade this forum seem to be coming from Pom dreamers who have a wanna be in my gang frame of mind is getting out of hand.
Now I do believe in freedom of speach but not the freedom to hunt down the real people on this site by running witch hunt polls is sad.

Stuff this freedom of speech guff. I say ban everyone...
Old Aug 12th 2004, 8:55 am
kong

Originally Posted by pommie bastard

Exactly one year on and the forum is worse, the usernames have changed but the pro OZ/anti UK bull is more rampant than ever before.

Freedom of speech has been consigned to the dustbin on this forum. Anti Oz posters are hunted down like the vermin they are.

The main difference is that last year negative posters were jumped upon and stupid polls were made to ridicule them, whereas now as well as these childish spats by the majority of posters, negative (or realistic) posters have their threads locks by the mods.

Pommie Bastard you were lucky at least you had the chance to stimulate debate in 2003. If you were here now, you would be locked/banned/burnt at the stake be the see no evil/hear no evil/speak no evil of godzone/Australia.

Old Aug 12th 2004, 8:59 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kong
Exactly one year on and the forum is worse, the usernames have changed but the pro OZ/anti UK bull is more rampant than ever before.

Freedom of speech has been consigned to the dustbin on this forum. Anti Oz posters are hunted down like the vermin they are.

The main difference is that last year negative posters were jumped upon and stupid polls were made to ridicule them, whereas now as well as these childish spats by the majority of posters, negative (or realistic) posters have their threads locks by the mods.

Pommie Bastard you were lucky at least you had the chance to stimulate debate in 2003. If you were here now, you would be locked/banned/burnt at the stake be the see no evil/hear no evil/speak no evil of godzone/Australia.
ROFL. You may have a brick home with central heating Kong, but that's no defense against the men in their black helicopters.

You have genuinely made me laugh. Thank you sir.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 9:04 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

simple solution = if you dont like what you read, dont come back.

or is that too hard???

sue
Old Aug 12th 2004, 9:10 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

bloody hell I thought he was back when i saw this post.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 9:47 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Kong

That is the best thread I've seen from you, tell it how it is!!

From a personal point of view, as I've mentioned on a few occasions now, is I want both sides of the debate. I want to hear the negatives of Australia just as much as the positives. This after all is the forum of lifestyle and culture. I'm certainly not offended by negative remarks in fact I welcome them.

Regarding the polls you mention, lighten up, yeah some are silly, sometimes they are informative, some people just like a bit of light heartedness to beat away the ups and downs of applying for a visa.

Regarding your remark about anti Oz people being jumped on, do you think in your case it may be the cut and pasting you do and not your experiences that I'm sure members would like to hear?

I'll leave it at that for the mo, I'm sure this will be a long long thread.

Walla
Old Aug 12th 2004, 9:55 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

We need a few more posters like Pommie Bastard IMO.
He was very good at getting debates going although a lot of people used to get upset.

If you read his old posts you will find he was very funny and tongue in cheek as well.

He was also proved to be right on many occasions.

G
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:00 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
We need a few more posters like Pommie Bastard IMO.
He was very good at getting debates going although a lot of people used to get upset.

If you read his old posts you will find he was very funny and tongue in cheek as well.

He was also proved to be right on many occasions.

G
I agree, I'm new to the forum so don't know PB, but I'm sure just reading between the lines his threads would stir some interesting debate.

Walla
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:01 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla1
I agree, I'm new to the forum so don't know PB, but I'm sure just reading between the lines his threads would stir some interesting debate.

Walla
Hi Walla
It's all there in the archives.
Just do a search for 'Pommie Bastard' and read a few.

G
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:07 am
kong

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
simple solution = if you dont like what you read, dont come back.

or is that too hard???

sue
The same could be said of the pom dreamers who demand my head on a plate after reading my posts. Rather than ignoring me they would rather go running to the mods crying about anti Oz views ruining their daily foray into the dreamland that is this forum. Sad really considering I only post occasionally.

Old Aug 12th 2004, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Stewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the roughStewie is a jewel in the rough

The same could be said of the pom dreamers who demand my head on a plate after reading my posts. Rather than ignoring me they would rather go running to the mods crying about anti Oz views ruining their daily foray into the dreamland that is this forum. Sad really considering I only post occasionally.
Only people hurling abuse at other posters should be considered for "removal" from these forums. I don't think kong can be accused of that.
I for one welcome all postings from people who have experienced living in Aus first hand.
My daughter lives there and I can tell everyone it's been quite a traumatic last few years for her. Aus is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination and the more info we get about it, good or bad, should help everyone moving down under.
There is a danger that if people ignore posts that don't fit into their perfect view of Aus, of just becoming overwhelmed with a feeling that the country is perfect and all will be OK when they get there.
I for one approach emigration with a sense of excitement and worry that things may not work out.
I want kong to put forward his point of view so I can reach a balanced idea of life in Aus in my own mind.

God! I'm serious again, that's twice in one day

As kong clicks on submit, he'll always have a smile on this face anyway

Last edited by Stewie; Aug 12th 2004 at 11:29 am. Reason: Addition