Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Poll , How much do you earn in OZ?

View Poll Results: How much do you earn in OZ?
10K$aus - 30k$aus
7.69%
30k$aus - 40k$aus
2.56%
40k$aus - 50k$aus
10.26%
50k$aus - 60k$aus
10.26%
60k$aus - 70k$aus
7.69%
70k$aus -80k$aus
23.08%
100k$aus +
38.46%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Poll , How much do you earn in OZ?

Old Oct 7th 2003, 9:56 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Wasnt meant to be a critisism as such, only the reason why people may have voted that way .

As you said, to do it comprehensively would be mind boggling
. I remember the last census - & I dont want to do another one so soon .
Did you claim your religion was Jedi as well!
Old Oct 7th 2003, 10:01 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

LOL yeah, was hoping that they would think I was so barking mad that I wouldnt have to fill any more census forms in for the rest of my life, but all that happened was I got wave after wave of Jehovah's Witnesses knocking on the door trying to convert me ?
Old Oct 7th 2003, 2:16 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Did you claim your religion was Jedi as well!
I was one!!!!

The only fun I got out of filling in the damned form!

There is now 16 over 70K......! quess it is only the well heeled expat votes on here?

Cheers
Old Oct 7th 2003, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Originally posted by dotty
Quick browse through me weekend (Sydney papers) dont show any jobs over $83K and thats for a surgeon, salary package.

Own business, brain surgeons and and brothel owners it is then

Old Oct 7th 2003, 11:42 pm
owieb

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
So who are the other ones as Sandra mentioned who earn over $70K? LOL
I was one that earnt over $100K single income, but that's because I have my own business and I do the majority of my work for UK clients so I earn in sterling and dollars.

Old Oct 8th 2003, 12:31 am

Originally posted by owieb
I was one that earnt over $100K single income, but that's because I have my own business and I do the majority of my work for UK clients so I earn in sterling and dollars.
Hence you are able to surf and kite all day. Nice life you have set up for yourself.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 12:41 am
owieb

Originally posted by bondipom
Hence you are able to surf and kite all day. Nice life you have set up for yourself.
It certainly is, but it's taken a year to get it to come together, though I do consider there to be a certain amount of luck involved, but it was always my intention to try and have this lifestyle!

Old Oct 8th 2003, 1:13 am

Originally posted by owieb
It certainly is, but it's taken a year to get it to come together, though I do consider there to be a certain amount of luck involved, but it was always my intention to try and have this lifestyle!
As they say here

Good on ya.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 8:13 am

Herman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud ofHerman has much to be proud of

Originally posted by dotty
I think this poll represents the type of Daytime poster on here.

The sort of poster who is supposed to be a saddo looser type! In actual fact many have own business, or management type positions, some canny folk who are going to the USA, accountants etc, the people high up in IT perhaps. Thats my theory anyway, look at the daytime crew, most are very funny people who seem to be easily bored and in jobs that obviously dont have a boss looking over their shoulder. I know for a fact quite a few on here who were unhappy were very successful types, just too easily bored for OZ's laidback theme.

But I agree a few may also have combined incomes.
You summed me up - I was bored in Australia and found the long hours/low productivity culture in my office infuriating. (accountant, earning over $200k in Sydney. Not really representative though as I negotiated a 'special' 2 year deal which involved me receiving my London salary plus an additional housing allowance).
Old Oct 8th 2003, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by Sandra
I was one!!!!

The only fun I got out of filling in the damned form!

There is now 16 over 70K......! quess it is only the well heeled expat votes on here?

Cheers
Well I entered our combined income but individually we both earn in excess of $ 70k

Me : Finance - $ 85k
Husband: Civil Engineer - $90k

I don't think our salaries are that unusual for our professions and we live in Adelaide which is traditionally a lower income area. I know I'd be earning closer to $ 120K in Sydney.
Old Oct 8th 2003, 11:04 am
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

this thread does seem to dispute all those people that say 'salaries are a lot lower in aus/nz'! Yes they are if you convert to pounds, but in professional jobs at least you can still earn enough to have a pretty good life!

In the trades and small business however, I think things would be harder going.

ON the JEDI thing - I recall the NZ authorities deciding last census that they were going exclude all 'Jedi' results from their stats because of the email that went round about it! How dare they! Who are they to decide which religions to include and which to exclude? I thought it was disgusting.... I for one believe more in the principles of Jedi than any other religion!