Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Poll , How much do you earn in OZ?

View Poll Results: How much do you earn in OZ?
10K$aus - 30k$aus
7.69%
30k$aus - 40k$aus
2.56%
40k$aus - 50k$aus
10.26%
50k$aus - 60k$aus
10.26%
60k$aus - 70k$aus
7.69%
70k$aus -80k$aus
23.08%
100k$aus +
38.46%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Poll , How much do you earn in OZ?

Old Oct 6th 2003, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Defintely agree - so basically we need a socio demographic breakdown
Can I have mine with milk and sugar.

Actually what I find odd is the amount of votes compared to peeps who actually post here. How many UKers have * salary by 2.45 and voted with that.

Sandra your description of your job reminds me why I hate IT.
Old Oct 6th 2003, 7:08 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Karrawarra, exactly, we need a "Im in the UK & I just want to look at the results" button.

Although having said that, probably not a heap of people outside of Australia posting since midday here (ie 2am in the UK).
Old Oct 6th 2003, 7:09 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by karawara88
Can I have mine with milk and sugar.

Actually what I find odd is the amount of votes compared to peeps who actually post here. How many UKers have * salary by 2.45 and voted with that.

Sandra your description of your job reminds me why I hate IT.
On a positive point - I rarely do office hours in the last 4 months past 5.00 pm - I go home and work when I want to in my free time on projects that interest me.

Yes I do want to know the 13 people over 70K!!! I will admit I am one - I counted single income but included my package!

Anyway I am off

Cheers

PS you don't fancy a job swap then - I come and see Perth and you do this job in Sydney for a while?
Old Oct 6th 2003, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

PS you don't fancy a job swap then - I come and see Perth and you do this job in Sydney for a while?
ummm errrr, No
Old Oct 6th 2003, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Karrawarra, exactly, we need a "Im in the UK & I just want to look at the results" button.

Although having said that, probably not a heap of people outside of Australia posting since midday here (ie 2am in the UK).
I thought you could read a poll without voting in it, is that not so?
Old Oct 6th 2003, 7:19 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

I didnt think you could, but maybe you can!?!?!
Old Oct 6th 2003, 7:22 pm
Rocket Scientist

I didnt think you could, but maybe you can!?!?!
OK *doh* you can see the results without voting, another forum I visit you cant. OK well that gets rid of the UK crowd just adding a dummy vote so they can see whats happening. So who are the other ones as Sandra mentioned who earn over $70K? LOL

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Oct 6th 2003 at 7:24 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2003, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Quick browse through me weekend (Sydney papers) dont show any jobs over $83K and thats for a surgeon, salary package.

Own business, brain surgeons and and brothel owners it is then
Old Oct 6th 2003, 7:59 pm
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by dotty
Quick browse through me weekend (Sydney papers) dont show any jobs over $83K and thats for a surgeon, salary package.

Own business, brain surgeons and and brothel owners it is then
Im gonna start my own business, Brain Surgeons R'Us, two birds with one stone!
Old Oct 6th 2003, 8:34 pm
WBB

good poll, although i cannot vote as i am still in wales.

once settled in australia i expect to be earning around 50k

Old Oct 6th 2003, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

I used our combined Gross incomes which are between $100 - $200 K, does this count or do you want net single incomes ??

Old Oct 6th 2003, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

itsasecret is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply's..

The aim of the poll was to see how much you earn in oz.

The poll was for your income 'How much do you earn' not combining other people's incomes, however you can put the 2 incomes in seperate.

The poll is not that comprehensive and does not take into other considerations, however it gives you a feel of how much people earn. I would love to do one for Geographic regions however it will be more like a census and hard to manage.
Old Oct 6th 2003, 9:24 pm
Rocket Scientist

itsasecret, problem is you can only vote once. It does give a better indication of individual incomes your way, but not of family income.

Last edited by MrsDagboy; Oct 6th 2003 at 9:30 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2003, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

itsasecret is an unknown quantity at this point

itsasecret, problem is you can only vote once. It does give a better indication of individual incomes your way, but not of family income.
Anyone want to do one for UK? and maybe another comprehensive one for OZ? Feel Free.
Cheers

Old Oct 6th 2003, 9:54 pm
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by itsasecret
Anyone want to do one for UK? and maybe another comprehensive one for OZ? Feel Free.
Cheers

Wasnt meant to be a critisism as such, only the reason why people may have voted that way .

As you said, to do it comprehensively would be mind boggling
. I remember the last census - & I dont want to do another one so soon .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.