British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Police move from Salford to Western Aus (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/police-move-salford-western-aus-772468/)

jonnyfurious Sep 23rd 2012 10:33 am

Police move from Salford to Western Aus

I am a serving police officer with GMP in Salford and currently going through the application process with WA Police.

Has anyone else on here made a similar move to WA Police?

Whats Policing, and the lifestyle for Police officers, really like in WA?

Thanks

Pollyana Sep 23rd 2012 11:12 am

Re: Police move from Salford to Western Aus

Originally Posted by jonnyfurious (Post 10295411)
I am a serving police officer with GMP in Salford and currently going through the application process with WA Police.

Thanks

Welcome to BE - have a look at our police forum - there should be some WA people in there :)

KJCherokee Sep 23rd 2012 10:37 pm

My brother-in-law is a Senior Sergeant in the WA police (nearing retirement now). There are two very different types of policing - city and country. My BIL is currently the senior policeman in a small country town in the south of WA, and what he does there is very different to when he was based in Perth many years ago. If you are prepared to go to a country region you will find policing to be very different to Salford, particularly if you go up north where the mines and the aboriginal communities are. If you go to Perth you probably won't see much difference, except for the pistol on your belt.

GarryP Sep 23rd 2012 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by KJCherokee (Post 10296100)
If you go to Perth you probably won't see much difference, except for the pistol on your belt.

I'd suggest that the level of crime in Perth would be noticeably less than Salford. Plus they tend to be crimes of cashed up bogans, whereas Salford.....isn't.

Amazulu Sep 24th 2012 2:08 am

Originally Posted by jonnyfurious (Post 10295411)

Thanks

We don't have Krispy Kreme in WA, so you will have to stick with Dunkin' Donuts.
;)

jonnyfurious Sep 30th 2012 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by GarryP (Post 10296168)
I'd suggest that the level of crime in Perth would be noticeably less than Salford. Plus they tend to be crimes of cashed up bogans, whereas Salford.....isn't.

cashed up bogans?

GarryP Oct 1st 2012 6:33 am

Originally Posted by jonnyfurious (Post 10307140)
cashed up bogans?

http://vibewire.org/2012/04/the-rise...shed-up-bogan/

Amazulu Oct 2nd 2012 1:57 am

Cashed up bogans are great. Normal working people doing well for themselves - that's how it should be.

EvannTel Oct 2nd 2012 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by KJCherokee (Post 10296100)
My brother-in-law is a Senior Sergeant in the WA police (nearing retirement now). There are two very different types of policing - city and country. My BIL is currently the senior policeman in a small country town in the south of WA, and what he does there is very different to when he was based in Perth many years ago. If you are prepared to go to a country region you will find policing to be very different to Salford, particularly if you go up north where the mines and the aboriginal communities are. If you go to Perth you probably won't see much difference, except for the pistol on your belt.

Ooh were? My nephew in law has recently been posted country WA in the South and there arent that many towns!