Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Police move from Salford to Western Aus

Police move from Salford to Western Aus

Old Sep 23rd 2012, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

jonnyfurious is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police move from Salford to Western Aus

I am a serving police officer with GMP in Salford and currently going through the application process with WA Police.

Has anyone else on here made a similar move to WA Police?

Whats Policing, and the lifestyle for Police officers, really like in WA?

Thanks
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 11:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police move from Salford to Western Aus

Originally Posted by jonnyfurious
I am a serving police officer with GMP in Salford and currently going through the application process with WA Police.

Thanks
Welcome to BE - have a look at our police forum - there should be some WA people in there
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 10:37 pm
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

My brother-in-law is a Senior Sergeant in the WA police (nearing retirement now). There are two very different types of policing - city and country. My BIL is currently the senior policeman in a small country town in the south of WA, and what he does there is very different to when he was based in Perth many years ago. If you are prepared to go to a country region you will find policing to be very different to Salford, particularly if you go up north where the mines and the aboriginal communities are. If you go to Perth you probably won't see much difference, except for the pistol on your belt.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 11:43 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJCherokee
If you go to Perth you probably won't see much difference, except for the pistol on your belt.
I'd suggest that the level of crime in Perth would be noticeably less than Salford. Plus they tend to be crimes of cashed up bogans, whereas Salford.....isn't.
Old Sep 24th 2012, 2:08 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
We don't have Krispy Kreme in WA, so you will have to stick with Dunkin' Donuts.
Old Sep 30th 2012, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

jonnyfurious is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GarryP
I'd suggest that the level of crime in Perth would be noticeably less than Salford. Plus they tend to be crimes of cashed up bogans, whereas Salford.....isn't.
cashed up bogans?
Old Oct 1st 2012, 6:33 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

cashed up bogans?
http://vibewire.org/2012/04/the-rise...shed-up-bogan/
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 1:57 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Cashed up bogans are great. Normal working people doing well for themselves - that's how it should be.
Old Oct 2nd 2012, 1:20 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJCherokee
My brother-in-law is a Senior Sergeant in the WA police (nearing retirement now). There are two very different types of policing - city and country. My BIL is currently the senior policeman in a small country town in the south of WA, and what he does there is very different to when he was based in Perth many years ago. If you are prepared to go to a country region you will find policing to be very different to Salford, particularly if you go up north where the mines and the aboriginal communities are. If you go to Perth you probably won't see much difference, except for the pistol on your belt.
Ooh were? My nephew in law has recently been posted country WA in the South and there arent that many towns!