Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Police Checks for Security Work

Police Checks for Security Work

Old Aug 26th 2009, 12:39 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Police Checks for Security Work

Hosha,

It would seem i need to get my police checks done here in the UK, before i leave these green shores for my new life.

As i will be working in security initially, it seems when aquiring the license after my intense training, i will be asked to present police checks from the UK?

So rather than applying from Australia, i can apply now and get them sent here to me in the UK so i can take them to Australia with me.

I have lived in two counties, West Midlands all my life until three years back and Cheshire since then. I have a clean bill of crime, but will i need to get two police checks?

As always Keith

P.SSSSSS.

I am confused here?

http://www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au/un...ty-officer.htm

Criminal history checks

Applicants must undergo a criminal history check to confirm their suitability to work in the security industry.

The criminal history check costs $35.50 (which includes $1.13 GST) for each person who appears on the application form. The fee applies to all applications and renewal notices.

Processing time

The processing time may be up to eight weeks because the criminal history check process, handled by Queensland Police, is thorough and time consuming. However, it can take longer if we need to contact you for missing information or fees.

http://www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au/Fo...pplication.pdf

Last edited by Keith Moon; Aug 26th 2009 at 1:07 pm. Reason: confused
Old Aug 26th 2009, 1:40 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Checks for Security Work

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
Hosha,

It would seem i need to get my police checks done here in the UK, before i leave these green shores for my new life.

As i will be working in security initially, it seems when aquiring the license after my intense training, i will be asked to present police checks from the UK?

So rather than applying from Australia, i can apply now and get them sent here to me in the UK so i can take them to Australia with me.

I have lived in two counties, West Midlands all my life until three years back and Cheshire since then. I have a clean bill of crime, but will i need to get two police checks?

As always Keith

P.SSSSSS.

I am confused here?

http://www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au/un...ty-officer.htm

Criminal history checks

Applicants must undergo a criminal history check to confirm their suitability to work in the security industry.

The criminal history check costs $35.50 (which includes $1.13 GST) for each person who appears on the application form. The fee applies to all applications and renewal notices.

Processing time

The processing time may be up to eight weeks because the criminal history check process, handled by Queensland Police, is thorough and time consuming. However, it can take longer if we need to contact you for missing information or fees.

http://www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au/Fo...pplication.pdf

Mate

I have one of these licences (Vic)and there is no speeding them up.

For your VISA you have already done the ACPO police check a copy of that is handy , anything else is a waste of cash IMO.

The best thing to do is download the form from the Queensland police website and start filing it out. See if you meet the requirements. A few POMs have fallen short when it comes to providing references from people who have known them in Australia for over 12 Months.

However this may not be a requirement in Queensland

Here is the Police website link
http://www.police.qld.gov.au/program...uardEmplye.htm

Your first duty will be to Build up ID pionts A drivers licence is a good bet here apply to transfer yours as soon as you arrive.

The licensing process is confusing but your first port of call is look to do a course (LOL and the intense training part) they will assist you in the stuff you need to apply for the licence.

Feel free to PM me if you need steering in any direction , there are some good jobs in the industry and some very very bad ones...
Old Aug 26th 2009, 1:53 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zambia
Mate

I have one of these licences (Vic)and there is no speeding them up.

For your VISA you have already done the ACPO police check a copy of that is handy , anything else is a waste of cash IMO.

The best thing to do is download the form from the Queensland police website and start filing it out. See if you meet the requirements. A few POMs have fallen short when it comes to providing references from people who have known them in Australia for over 12 Months.

However this may not be a requirement in Queensland

Here is the Police website link
http://www.police.qld.gov.au/program...uardEmplye.htm

Your first duty will be to Build up ID pionts A drivers licence is a good bet here apply to transfer yours as soon as you arrive.

The licensing process is confusing but your first port of call is look to do a course (LOL and the intense training part) they will assist you in the stuff you need to apply for the licence.

Feel free to PM me if you need steering in any direction , there are some good jobs in the industry and some very very bad ones...

Hey Zambia,

Thanks very much my friend, one thing, i threw my police check out, it was three years old, i have had my PR three years now you see.

Is it worth getting another one, before i leave the UK? Its just it takes 40 days to get back, i leave in less time.

Thanks again mate.

PS this is my other thread.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=627263

Last edited by Keith Moon; Aug 26th 2009 at 1:56 pm.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:10 pm
Banned

Mate
A few POMs have fallen short when it comes to providing references from people who have known them in Australia for over 12 Months.
The reverse side of each photograph must be certified and signed by a person who has known the applicant for at least 12 months, using the following wording:This is a true photograph of << insert applicant’s name >>

Phew, good call, i wonder, i am not married, so the queer one can sign? She know's me better than me?

Keith
Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I would apply for another one, you can always ask a friend to forward it if you have left before it arrives & it will be much simpler to organise whilst you are in UK & less time consuming.
You apply to your local police office, not each county you ever lived in!
Old Aug 26th 2009, 6:57 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
I would apply for another one, you can always ask a friend to forward it if you have left before it arrives & it will be much simpler to organise whilst you are in UK & less time consuming.
You apply to your local police office, not each county you ever lived in!

Alwhite Sexy Sal,

I have found my scanned in copies which i sent with my visa application, jpg's embedded in a pdf document. I could print these out or email them, trouble is they are dated August 2007?

Any good, been a good boy since no bank jobs!

Keith
Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:52 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 -&amp;gt;

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Yeah get a fresh one employers like them even if licensing dont. Have it sent to a mate they can send it on.

Yeah if the missus is of no relation she should be ok to sign.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 12:50 am
Hasta la victoria siempre

johnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of light

If when you apply for a fresh UK check, you add a note saying the tight timescales and you need it back asap (very politely, please, please, please) they'll usually try and do what they can.
I remember I got my UK police checks done in a week or so, as I was heading out to Oz on short notice. They were really good about doing it quickly.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 2:57 am
Banned

Cheers all, thanks.

Keith
Old Aug 27th 2009, 3:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Get new ones & good luck
Old Aug 27th 2009, 3:11 am
Banned

Well Sal i am up early to call them, i will let you know the outcome!

Keith
Old Aug 27th 2009, 4:06 am
Banned

OK Guys,

Been on the phone to the training provider, and the Queensland local government who issue's the license.

So, get the course done $550.00 bucks.

Apply for the license, the Queensland local government carry out the police checks, you pay around $35 bucks, they do it, the checks are carried out Internationally by the license issuing people, you do not need to provide any form of police check yourself in Queensland anyway, not to get you license.

Two points though, you need 100 points of ID, so passport, Oz driving license.

But the important one is get your two mug shots verified by someone who has known you twelve months in the Uk prior to leaving the UK, they cannot be a defacto partner in Oz.

So thats about it, back to the pit now, knackered, its 5 am here, a lay in i think?

Keith
Old Aug 27th 2009, 7:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well done mate!

So, is your de facto going with you?
Old Aug 27th 2009, 7:19 am
Recession Surfing 2006 -&amp;gt;

Keith on arrival go into a job agency and say you would like to do a Security course and can they assist you.

Chances are they will pay that 550 for you.
Old Aug 27th 2009, 10:14 am
Banned

Keith on arrival go into a job agency and say you would like to do a Security course and can they assist you.

Chances are they will pay that 550 for you.

Cheers Zambia, yep cash is a bit tight, especially with the way the exchange rate is, don't have alot, but is looking alot less, day by day by day.

What you say, a job agency, any type, do you think they might pay? It would save me £300 big ones. I will be in Southport, well its looking that way.

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Well done mate!

So, is your de facto going with you?

Alright Sal,

Taking it a day at a time, before we go and after we land, its not going to be easy for new arrivals, the way things are. Not a great time to be doing this emigating malarky, but just my look.

Have to admit, its getting close now, the closer it gets the more beer goes down well up the wall, the way its going, we will be entering Oz poundless!

Keith

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.