Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Police Checks - Anyone still waiting?

Police Checks - Anyone still waiting?

Old May 10th 2006, 5:53 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Police Checks - Anyone still waiting?

After our first lot went missing, second lot posted first class Monday and they still havent turned up.

I have been told to call them Friday to sort out a third lot.

I am wondering if they have actually sent them, or they are lost (2 sets lost? highly unlikely)

Has anyone been waiting over the 40 day mark or been sent a second/third lot?

I wonder if you pay, would they send them recorded delivery or if you can collect them in person?

If anyone knows, that would be great.
Old May 10th 2006, 6:00 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Checks - Anyone still waiting?

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
After our first lot went missing, second lot posted first class Monday and they still havent turned up.

I am wondering if they have actually sent them, or they are lost (2 sets lost? highly unlikely)

I wonder if you pay, would they send them recorded delivery or if you can collect them in person?

sam, sorry no we havent had ours lost.

but, where have they been lost?

from you to the police force?
from you to your agent?
Old May 10th 2006, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

mick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond reputemick69 has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya PP we are still waiting for ours as well. Our 40 day mark is up tomorrow (I think). So if there not in the post I will be getting straight on the phone as thats all we are waiting to send off. Will let you know what happens!!!
Lynne
Old May 10th 2006, 6:03 pm
PJA
Forum Regular

PJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mick69
Hiya PP we are still waiting for ours as well. Our 40 day mark is up tomorrow (I think). So if there not in the post I will be getting straight on the phone as thats all we are waiting to send off. Will let you know what happens!!!
Lynne

That's awful for you, we're 7 days off the 40 day mark and if they don't come then, we're be chasing them up too!

Jane
Old May 10th 2006, 6:39 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

I have had to apply to Northants police for me - got the acknowledgment, cheque was cashed and that seems to be going ok - and the Northern Ireland police for Steve.

Not heard anything from NI yet - sent off for them on the 18th April - so I called them on Monday and it seems they are quite behind. She said it would take another week before they even looked at the form, never mind process it and send it off to Scotland Yard for their bit.

So I reckon I'll have mine and we will be waiting for Steve's - good job I ordered them 3 weeks before we got the Case Officer!

Shirley
Old May 10th 2006, 6:59 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
sam, sorry no we havent had ours lost.

but, where have they been lost?

from you to the police force?
from you to your agent?

From the Met police to us.

It was 40 days last Tuesday.
Old May 10th 2006, 7:31 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

From the Met police to us.

It was 40 days last Tuesday.
uumm, fabulous, NOT!!!

i bet you are impressed.

hope they get there soon. are you still wating for abdels?
xx
Old May 10th 2006, 7:33 pm

uumm, fabulous, NOT!!!

i bet you are impressed.

hope they get there soon. are you still wating for abdels?
xx

These are the ordinary police checks for both of us.

Abdels character checks are another matter. (big sigh)
Old May 10th 2006, 7:50 pm
Never going back

These are the ordinary police checks for both of us.

Abdels character checks are another matter. (big sigh)
you'll get there in the end chick.

i presume they have gone off already?
Old May 10th 2006, 8:04 pm

you'll get there in the end chick.

i presume they have gone off already?

We have submitted old form 80s for character checks but more than likely will be asked to give new ones as DIMA have been doing that.

We just need our police checks so we can send them off with new form 80s and hubbys IELTS results. One courier will save money.
Old May 10th 2006, 8:31 pm
bjw
Forum Regular

bjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nice

I am getting really worried now. Sent ours 2 weeks ago direct to Scotland Yard NIS, not cashed the cheque, no receipt etc and we sent original driving licenses! This is our second lot of PCC's as we frontloaded last year but wanted to lodge new ones with our medicals. Last year we got a receipt and docs back within 1 week but afer 40 days no cert. Guess what they had lost the app. We faxed new copy with receipt and it came 3 days later. Now I am really worried that they have lost the docs so I will have to apply for new driving licenses.

Tried to phone the helpline and it is just an answer phone.

Not sure what to do next?

HELPPPPPPPPPP
BEcca
Old May 10th 2006, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by bjw
I am getting really worried now. Sent ours 2 weeks ago direct to Scotland Yard NIS, not cashed the cheque, no receipt etc and we sent original driving licenses! This is our second lot of PCC's as we frontloaded last year but wanted to lodge new ones with our medicals. Last year we got a receipt and docs back within 1 week but afer 40 days no cert. Guess what they had lost the app. We faxed new copy with receipt and it came 3 days later. Now I am really worried that they have lost the docs so I will have to apply for new driving licenses.

Tried to phone the helpline and it is just an answer phone.

Not sure what to do next?

HELPPPPPPPPPP
BEcca
Im calling the helpline tomorrow Becca, I usually get a response at 10am.

I suspect they are not sending them out or one person doesnt know what the other is doing.

There are too many lost for it to be the post.

As I say, they reckoned they posted new ones first class this Monday. I beg to differ as we would have had them by now.

Give them a ring tomorrow.
Old May 10th 2006, 8:48 pm
bjw
Forum Regular

bjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nicebjw is just really nice

PP

What number are you calling?

Thanks
Old May 10th 2006, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by bjw
PP

What number are you calling?

Thanks
0207 161 3500 that is the one I have been calling.
Old May 10th 2006, 8:54 pm
bjw
Forum Regular

0207 161 3500 that is the one I have been calling.
different number again so will try yours. Just hope don't get stopped by police and asked to produce Driving license !!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks
Becca

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.