Police Checks

Old Jan 17th 2007, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

djfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nice
Default Police Checks

Probably been asked and answered a million times before but please can you tell me if when we apply for police checks do we both have to be seen or can 1 of us go and hand over both passports for ID at Police Station - Thanks in anticipation

Dale
Old Jan 17th 2007, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

JulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of lightJulesM is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Police Checks

Originally Posted by djfbug
Probably been asked and answered a million times before but please can you tell me if when we apply for police checks do we both have to be seen or can 1 of us go and hand over both passports for ID at Police Station - Thanks in anticipation

Dale
We didn't have to go to the police station (in fact, they actively discouraged us from going). We just sent off our forms with photocopies of our passports and this was fine. It took about 3 weeks for the checks to come back.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 12:33 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Dale
i went to my local police station, who gave us the correct forms. filled them in, photocopied driving licences, cheque for £20 (me an hubby) and sent them to address stated on forms. easy peasy
tracey
Old Jan 17th 2007, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

djfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nicedjfbug is just really nice

Originally Posted by want2bthere
i went to my local police station, who gave us the correct forms. filled them in, photocopied driving licences, cheque for £20 (me an hubby) and sent them to address stated on forms. easy peasy
tracey
Thanks for that

Dale
Old Jan 17th 2007, 1:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Dale
Each Force has a different form, and most Forces now have the forms on their websites, along with an explanaiation of what to do and what ID you need.
If you aren't sure which Force covers you, drop me a private message telling me where you live, and I'll let you know.

Polly (used to do the Police checks!)
Old Jan 17th 2007, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Each Force has a different form, and most Forces now have the forms on their websites, along with an explanaiation of what to do and what ID you need.
If you aren't sure which Force covers you, drop me a private message telling me where you live, and I'll let you know.

Polly (used to do the Police checks!)
Cheers Polly - looked on Lancashire site and found this http://www.lancashire.police.uk/file...accessform.pdf
is this the right form?

Dale
Old Jan 17th 2007, 5:37 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Polly - looked on Lancashire site and found this http://www.lancashire.police.uk/file...accessform.pdf
is this the right form?

Dale
Looks like it to me, very similar to the one I used except that mine was for the West Midlands. C x
Old Jan 17th 2007, 5:41 pm
barlow brickie

ferguson641120 will become famous soon enoughferguson641120 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Police Checks

Dale
hi there

we have just had our police checks, it is really straight forward.
we went to collect the application form, completed them and my husband took both passports back to the police station, paid ten pounds each and they did the rest.
we rec'd them within 3 weeks.

hope this helps

jade and rich
Old Jan 17th 2007, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

chris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud of

Local police station only gave me two forms, sent both of them off with the fee, go them back two days later saying one page missing.
G*ts, don't know there ass from there hand. Waste of time, waste of money.
Resent now, still makes me angry though!
Old Jan 17th 2007, 7:04 pm
Ping-ponging Pom

dave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chris96
Local police station only gave me two forms, sent both of them off with the fee, go them back two days later saying one page missing.
G*ts, don't know there ass from there hand. Waste of time, waste of money.
Resent now, still makes me angry though!
You're only panicking because you've got so many unpaid parking fines and have so many impending speeding tickets that if you don't leave the country soon they'll bang you up... lmao
Old Jan 17th 2007, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

Porter 5 is an unknown quantity at this point

is this the right form?

Dale
It is the right form, fill it in before you take it, it needs to be signed by a professional status, Doctor, Teacher and so on.
Two id' s required and of coures £10 fee.

Dean
Old Jan 17th 2007, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

Porter 5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shiels
Looks like it to me, very similar to the one I used except that mine was for the West Midlands. C x
It is the right form, fill it in before you take it in, it needs to be signed by a professional - Doctor, Teacher, Midwife and so on. 2 id's needed and of course the £10 fee.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

chris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud ofchris96 has much to be proud of

mine never had to be signed by a professional? Just me!
Old Jan 17th 2007, 8:32 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

mine neither!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 18th 2007, 1:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by want2bthere
mine neither!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't panic! All the Forces use different forms, with different requirements. Some ask for a counter-signature, and some don't. Just make sure you get the form for your local Force, and follow the instructions on that one. Don't be confused by responses from people in other areas of the country!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.