Police Checks

Old Jun 26th 2006, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Tigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the rough
Default Police Checks

Hi
Does anyone remember how they did their police checks? Did anyone do them for you or did you get them done yourselves? Where did you go to get them?

Cheers
Old Jun 26th 2006, 6:04 pm
Hoping to move to Perth

lynnexcel will become famous soon enoughlynnexcel will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Police Checks

Originally Posted by Tigersanne
Hi
Does anyone remember how they did their police checks? Did anyone do them for you or did you get them done yourselves? Where did you go to get them?

Cheers

Just go to your local police station with £10.00 fee and your passport. They give you a form to complete and they send it away and the police check gets sent to your home address.

We are actually just back from the police station about 10 minutes ago to get ours done!!
Old Jun 26th 2006, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Tigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the roughTigersanne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lynnexcel
Just go to your local police station with £10.00 fee and your passport. They give you a form to complete and they send it away and the police check gets sent to your home address.

We are actually just back from the police station about 10 minutes ago to get ours done!!
thanks for that, will do and good luck!
Old Jun 27th 2006, 8:29 pm
Mog
Forum Regular

Mog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud ofMog has much to be proud of

Hi

Cheers
and just sit back and wait for 40 days for them to come back !!!!

Mog
Old Jul 14th 2006, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

karmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant futurekarmagirls has a brilliant future

Hey everyone,
I sent my police checks away on 19th June and today I received the Scottish part through the door saying that there was nothing on file for me and I have no criminal convictions. Is this enough to send to my case officer or do they need the national check as well. I wasn't sure since I've only lived in Scotland and thus assumed if there's nothing on that then there's nothing on the National one also? Also, is it ok to open the envelope when it's delivered to you? I assume it doesn't need to be sent sealed to your case officer or anything!?
Thanks in advance
Tracy
Old Jul 14th 2006, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

TheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by karmagirls
Hey everyone,
I sent my police checks away on 19th June and today I received the Scottish part through the door saying that there was nothing on file for me and I have no criminal convictions. Is this enough to send to my case officer or do they need the national check as well. I wasn't sure since I've only lived in Scotland and thus assumed if there's nothing on that then there's nothing on the National one also? Also, is it ok to open the envelope when it's delivered to you? I assume it doesn't need to be sent sealed to your case officer or anything!?
Thanks in advance
Tracy
Not sure about the national bit, but it is fine to open them yes.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Cheers
Hi we come under thames valley police here - we went to Slough police station - they gave us an address. we then had to send the forms away to oxford - i think it was. then we sat tight for a few weeks.
Old Jul 14th 2006, 12:12 pm
Lovin it!!!!!!!!!

somedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to allsomedogsdo is a name known to all

We did our visa ones with Thames Valley Police and they were back after 21 days. that was at the beginning of the year.

We needed another one done for work, so we did the online version sent it away yonks ago and its still not back. its about 31 days ago. so should have done the Thames Valley again
Old Jul 14th 2006, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

joanofark is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Cheers
Check out this thread on the immigration forum http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=384341&pp=15
Old Jul 14th 2006, 8:25 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Cheers
OH sent his police check off on 9th June and he got it back today, 14th July. We come under West Midlands police force. Our agent sent us the form and we sent it on to the police ourselves. C x
Old Jul 14th 2006, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

sharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the roughsharon45 is a jewel in the rough

Hey everyone,
Thanks in advance
Tracy

hi i was advisexd from my immigration agent that they need both scottish and national we received the latter 10 days after the scottish applied at same time on same form. only got meds to get on 28th july and hopefully heading to brissy too,

Old Jul 14th 2006, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Aldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura about

Hey everyone,
Thanks in advance
Tracy
I waited for the National one and sent both of them. Scottish one came in a couple of weeks, national one was near the 40 day limit.

I don't know which one they really need so thought it safer to send both of them

AL
Old Jul 14th 2006, 10:42 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

We went into the Ealing station and that was 7th June, we got it back today

Am so glad!!!! The application is being sent by special delivery tomorrow morning!!!!

Old Jul 15th 2006, 12:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

For those of you on Scotland - they need BOTH!!