Police Checks

Old Jan 21st 2006, 12:18 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Checks

Originally Posted by upthehammers
Cheers, you have been a great help.The only problem is we did not put this on application as did not even think of it.It was only something that someone said the other day that bought it to our attention.Still it was over 10 years ago so we will keep our fingers crossed.Son said are you looking forward to Fulham game monday and can you get the games on tv out there?
Yep looking forward to the game it'll be nice not to have to stay up all night.

They have more games on here than in the UK as they always show a 3 o'clock saturday kick off.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

upthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud ofupthehammers has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Police Checks

Originally Posted by fraser
Yep looking forward to the game it'll be nice not to have to stay up all night.

They have more games on here than in the UK as they always show a 3 o'clock saturday kick off.
you have just made a westham fan very very happy
Old Jan 21st 2006, 12:50 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by upthehammers
you have just made a westham fan very very happy
A happy hammer, doesn't happen that often
Old Jan 21st 2006, 2:43 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vanessa
All court convictions will show up and never 'drop off' However as this was a juvenile record it will probably not have any impact on your application.

"Spent" convictions should drop off a police check as far as I know, but must still be disclosed to DIMIA.

Jeremy
Old Jan 21st 2006, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

seamus3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Will being fined £200 for soliciting a prostitute (she actually solicited me) - happened 6 years ago be a problem?

I've been there and back on hol & biz visit visas quite a few times since.
Old Jan 21st 2006, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by seamus3
Will being fined £200 for soliciting a prostitute (she actually solicited me) - happened 6 years ago be a problem?

I've been there and back on hol & biz visit visas quite a few times since.
You'll be right mate, it's not going to stop you getting a visa.

Loads of them here as well so you'll be right when youn get here.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 12:04 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
"Spent" convictions should drop off a police check as far as I know, but must still be disclosed to DIMIA.

Jeremy
For the purposes of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act you do not have to disclose them for most jobs etc. However, all spent convictions will stay on your record, they are just not disclosable. When I used to prosecute I would usually check for previous convictions for not only the defendant but also the witnesses!
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 12:12 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Seems odd when, years ago, you had to have one to get here
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 3:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Spent convictions WILL show up on your police check, even if they are more than 10 years old. The only time they will not show up as if they have been "weeded" - the rules for weeding are quite complex, and involve various factors such as the age of the offence, the nature of the offence, and the sentence received. It can also make a difference if you have more than one offence recorded against you.
The best thing to do is declare all convictions - don't rely on the fact that they are more than 10 years old, as they may still be on record.

Pollyana
(police records checker)
Old Mar 7th 2006, 12:37 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Just downloaded the forms from the Greater Manchester Police website....hope I have got the right ones! Form looks a bit confusing to me, can anyone help me (dizzy blonde!)

- in section 1a, how far back do you need to go for addresses? I can't remember my addresses outside of Manchester, been here 15 years now.

- 1b, what information do I tick? Is it just computer information or both manual and computer?

Other PNC catergories, will hubby need to tick this he was disqualified from driving about 17 years ago?

If we do not have any dealings with Greater manchester Police do we leave section 3 blank?

Thanks so much,

Jackie x
Old Mar 7th 2006, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Hutch]I was way worse than that as a sprog (did over a railway depot when I was 12!!) - when my parents were sorting out our citizenship it came up on the records (was supposed to drop off - but it never does) and the immigration official just pissed himself laughing when my mum explained about it. [/QUOT

OMG there are so many criminals on this website!!!! My son set fire to a piece of paper his chips had been wrapped in. Unfortunately his mate decided to kick it into a hedge which promptly caught fire and the fire brigade was called. He was 12, cautioned for committing arson and got a thick ear. He's never been in trouble since!! Think he got a bit of a fright.

Old Mar 7th 2006, 1:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Just downloaded the forms from the Greater Manchester Police website....hope I have got the right ones! Form looks a bit confusing to me, can anyone help me (dizzy blonde!)

- in section 1a, how far back do you need to go for addresses? I can't remember my addresses outside of Manchester, been here 15 years now.

- 1b, what information do I tick? Is it just computer information or both manual and computer?

Other PNC catergories, will hubby need to tick this he was disqualified from driving about 17 years ago?

If we do not have any dealings with Greater manchester Police do we leave section 3 blank?

Thanks so much,

Jackie x
Hi Jackie,
OK, I've looked at the Manchester form. You need to tick PNC Conviction History (Computer Info). thats the one DIMA will want. You don't need the Manchester police info- tick NO for that - any convictions will be on the PNC print out. You don't need to tick the one for Disqual Driving - that only shows up current disqualifications.

Hope this helps!
Polly
(police records checker!!)
Old Mar 7th 2006, 1:51 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hi Jackie,
OK, I've looked at the Manchester form. You need to tick PNC Conviction History (Computer Info). thats the one DIMA will want. You don't need the Manchester police info- tick NO for that - any convictions will be on the PNC print out. You don't need to tick the one for Disqual Driving - that only shows up current disqualifications.

Hope this helps!
Polly

Now I am all worried that the Police gave me the wrong form, as mine said nothing like above on it!! All we had to do was complete your name and address, dob, and addresses for last 10 years and that was more or less it!! No options for computer or hardcopy!?!?!?
Old Mar 7th 2006, 1:52 pm
Sharks out of the Pool

mick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond reputemick_newcastle has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jackie,

Hope this helps!
Polly
Polly i've been to Northumbria Police Authority's website and all i can find is this document - is this the correct one ? Doesn't seem to have any tick boxes other than Police clearance confirmation ? is this the one we would tick ?
http://www.northumbria-police-author...ess%20Form.doc
Old Mar 7th 2006, 2:08 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jackie,

Hope this helps!
Polly
Thank you for your help Polly. Do I just put addresses for last 10 years or all that I can remember.....not got very good memory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.