Police Checks

Old Oct 15th 2003, 8:14 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Default Police Checks

Anyone know whether I need a new police check or could I get a copy of the one done last year for school. We all had to have new ones as regs had changed.

Sarah
Old Oct 15th 2003, 8:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

No, you need to get a Subject Access check done. The ones for the schools are done by the Criminal Records Bureau, and are in a different format.
Get hold of the Data Protection Office in your local police force and they can send it to you (or if you are really lucky it might be on their website!)
Old Oct 15th 2003, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Copperben is an unknown quantity at this point

I might have misread your post - but did you say you have to get police checks done for school???? what on earth for????
Old Oct 15th 2003, 11:23 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Paedophilesl
Old Oct 15th 2003, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

Copperben is an unknown quantity at this point

oh I get it now - for teachers not students!!! God I'm sooo thick sometimes
Old Oct 16th 2003, 5:23 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Pollyana
No, you need to get a Subject Access check done. The ones for the schools are done by the Criminal Records Bureau, and are in a different format.
Get hold of the Data Protection Office in your local police force and they can send it to you (or if you are really lucky it might be on their website!)

Thanks Pollyana, Good luck with the move hope all crates and teddies arrive safely.

Sarah
Old Oct 16th 2003, 5:24 pm
Loving it in Bundy

Originally posted by Copperben
I might have misread your post - but did you say you have to get police checks done for school???? what on earth for????

Police checks for school are essential these days, even my parent helpers have to have them. Some people are not very nice.

Sarah
Old Oct 16th 2003, 5:31 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

And some of those not very nice people still apply for the jobs - even though the forms clearly say that they are agreeing to a criminal records check. Makes you wonder if they are thick as well as nasty.
Old Oct 16th 2003, 5:46 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Pollyana,
I just hope that they don't employ them untill they get the checks back.

Bye
Markeh
Old Oct 16th 2003, 5:49 pm
Home and Happy

I'll make no comment on that one....... but as some of the checks through the CRB take months, I will leave it to your imagination.
Old Oct 16th 2003, 5:51 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Pollyana
I'll make no comment on that one....... but as some of the checks through the CRB take months, I will leave it to your imagination.

what is the difference beetween a crb check and a subject access one that we have to have?

Old Oct 16th 2003, 5:51 pm
Loving it in Bundy

Originally posted by markeh
Pollyana,
I just hope that they don't employ them untill they get the checks back.
Bye
Markeh

Since the shake up in the Criminal Investigations bureau things have got a whole lot better.
When our authority did all new police checks last year they were very slow, some teachers were told (after long service) that unless checks back by the September that they would not be able to take on their class. Luckily they got things sorted and all were passed. Sadly even with new checks I'm sure that the odd Paed or two will slip through net.

Sarah
Old Oct 16th 2003, 10:04 pm
Home and Happy

what is the difference beetween a crb check and a subject access one that we have to have?
The Subject Access check is a check on records held on the Police National Computer (PNC).
The CRB check not only checks the national criminal records held on PNC, but depending on the level of check required by the local authority they can also check local intellignce records, and can check any cautions (which have only recently gone in PNC) which are still on record in local areas - if an offence was of a sexual nature for example it may still be on file locally after more years than a shoplifting one would be.
In certain circumstances intelligence can be released as well as factual convictions - if the right conditions are fulfilled, eg children at risk, intelligence from reliable sources. This can only be done with permission from a high ranking police officer though, and most of the information released in this way would not be released for a pure migration check, because the circumstances don't warrant it.

Hope this makes things a little clearer!

Pollyana