Police Checks

Old Apr 3rd 2003, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

comerford_helen is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Police Checks

It looks like we will not have our Police checks back in time to meet our criteria date, I am very worried, will the adelaide SPC
not grant us our PR Visa, we know every thing else is there and is ok. Is there anyone out there with a similar problem?:scared:
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Contact aspc. they are aware of the problem, and will grant an extension.

Terry
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Checks

Originally posted by comerford_helen
It looks like we will not have our Police checks back in time to meet our criteria date, I am very worried, will the adelaide SPC
not grant us our PR Visa, we know every thing else is there and is ok. Is there anyone out there with a similar problem?:scared:
Hi

We have exactly the same problem Have contacted ASPC and they have given us a months extension.

Good luck

Sindy
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

CrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud ofCrunchieFrog has much to be proud of

Sindy... and anyone else , come to that

did you contact your case officer via email when you requested an extension? im going to have to make the same request... so wondered if a quick email would do the job...

chrs
CrunchieFrog
More Crunch than Frog

Originally posted by Sindy
Hi

We have exactly the same problem Have contacted ASPC and they have given us a months extension.

Good luck

Sindy
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 7:58 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Terry & Cindy, its comforting to know we are not alone, I am going to ring tonight and write to Adelaide tomorrow morning.

Cheers!!!
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Terry is an unknown quantity at this point

We informed our agent of the delay and he sorted it out, but if you have a file No. a e-mail should do the trick.

Terry
Old Apr 4th 2003, 1:07 am
Just Joined

parky43 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you gone past the 40 day limit recommended by police? Mine did, so phoned scotland yard to complain and let them know they have a duty to issues your details within the 40 day period. I then faxed their director with my problem and guess what?....the postman delivered them 2 days later, with the option via a fax of collecting them myself from new scotland yard.

They are currently having a new computer system in the building, along with the excesive amounts of applications, its causing these delays affected by some of us.

Good luck

Dean
Old Apr 4th 2003, 2:27 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

I had this problem with mine. I applied for my PR within Aus, and had to get police checks from two countries (3 including Australia) The British police check took ages, for a lot of reasons - I found it hard getting the check because I was applying from Australia. Anyway, at the time "the said date" for my British check would take longer than the time that the immigration had given me to produce the documents. I wrote a letter to the person in charge of my application explained the reason for the delay of my British check. There was no problem. When I did receive the check I just posted it to the immigration. I think they do realise that some countries police checks do take longer - as long as you explain it in writing, I don't think you will have any problems - I didn't.

cheers
Old Apr 4th 2003, 5:29 am
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

Hi all

Our police check took almost 50 days. Our medicals were obviously ready and we posted these off earlier (prior to p/checks) with a covering letter briefly explaining that police checks were delayed. Sent an email the same day as posting the medicals confirming delay. The only response we had from our email was the standard response confirming receipt of our email. According to the Data Protection Officer I spoke to, Dimia are well aware of the snail mail process of p/checks as he had spoken to a dimia representative a couple of weeks back.

Hope this helps
Old Apr 4th 2003, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Sindy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by CrunchieFrog
Sindy... and anyone else , come to that

did you contact your case officer via email when you requested an extension? im going to have to make the same request... so wondered if a quick email would do the job...

chrs
CrunchieFrog
More Crunch than Frog

Hi There

We sent a scanned copy of the letter from the police to our agent by e-mail. He then sent this on to our case officer at ASPC who seemed only too willing to grant an extension.

Sindy... Still waiting
Old Apr 4th 2003, 9:13 am
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point

We are in exactly the same boat, and also had to apply for an extension,with everyone else it seems!!
Scotland yard informed us that our police checks would take a minimum of 6 weeks, and we only had 5 to get it all back to OZ!!
This seems to be the norm, so I wonder why DIMIA dont change their policy to accomodate. Would save a lot of panic and extension seeking!!!
Old Apr 5th 2003, 7:16 am
Just Joined

Talking [police checks

Thanks to everyone for your advice on police checks, I spoke to the DIMA in Adelaide, and they were really chilled out about it and granted an extension. The DIMA say they understand the problem with Scotland Yard, so not to worry.

Cheers everyone!