Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Police check forms again!!

Police check forms again!!

Old Jan 6th 2004, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police check forms again!!

Hi..Hats off to Thames valley police(cheers for the info guys)..Wife foned them 3pm on monday and forms arrived first thing Tuesday morning.!!Heres our prob....Our Doctors will not countersign any forms for people.Policeman next door moved a month a go and daughter has new teacher at school!!!!We don't know a vicar nor do we have a solicitor...!!!!Any help as to who else can sign or what we can do????We do have a good relationship with a health visitor at the doctors.Would she do??..Also preschool teacher at boys preschool?????Our agent seems to be still awol from christmas so any help much appreciated!!!!!!!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 4:05 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Police check forms again!!

Originally posted by scottalison6
Hi..Hats off to Thames valley police(cheers for the info guys)..Wife foned them 3pm on monday and forms arrived first thing Tuesday morning.!!Heres our prob....Our Doctors will not countersign any forms for people.Policeman next door moved a month a go and daughter has new teacher at school!!!!We don't know a vicar nor do we have a solicitor...!!!!Any help as to who else can sign or what we can do????We do have a good relationship with a health visitor at the doctors.Would she do??..Also preschool teacher at boys preschool?????Our agent seems to be still awol from christmas so any help much appreciated!!!!!!!

What about the head teacher at the school. You don't need your own solicitor, we just phoned a local one who just charged £5 to witness our documents.

If you're as far as the police checks, what documents do you need countersigned?

Steve.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

alrobson will become famous soon enoughalrobson will become famous soon enough

Hi,

I didn't have a solicitor either, so I just picked up the yellow pages and picked a few that seemed local to me and phoned them. I told them I need a solicitor to sign a photocopy to certify that it's a true copy of an original document which you have to take as well. Ask them the cost. After about 3 phone calls I found one who would do them for a pound each. If you only have a few then they may charge you a fixed price.

Make sure you get them to sign, date and put a company stamp on it. Also get a couple of compliment slips from them which have the solicitors address which you can send off with the documents should they have any queries about the person who signed them.

Good luck

Adrian
Old Jan 6th 2004, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi..the police form (data protection act)from thames valley police has to be countersigned to say address details are correct.

cheers

scott
Old Jan 6th 2004, 4:16 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

hi..the police form (data protection act)from thames valley police has to be countersigned to say address details are correct.

cheers

scott
Just send your passport off and they'll send it straight back. That way you don't need anything countersigned. They only have to be countersigned if you are sending off photocopies.

If you don't want to send you passport off, then just take it to your police station and they will sign and fill out the bottom part to say that they have seen the original. They will then give you a receipt for your £10 and send the form off for you. This option also seems to be a bit quicker as the documents have already been checked at the police station. That way, you don't need anything countersigned.

Steve
Old Jan 6th 2004, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

i may be reading it wrong but it says to send an original doc and have form signed by one of these people!!!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 4:24 pm
I Know What's Going On!

i may be reading it wrong but it says to send an original doc and have form signed by one of these people!!!

You're definitly reading it wrong.

Proof of Identity: we require proof of identity, which shows your full name, current address and date of birth. This can be a passport, medical card, driving license or utility bill. All documents must be original. Photocopies will not be excepted, unless spent and signed by a public notary i.e., a justice of the peace or solicitor. All documents will be returned by post.

Therefore only photocopies must be countersigned not the originals.

Steve.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Section 3-Countersignature-section 3 of your apllication MUST be countersigned by someone of standing who has known you for at least 1 year e.g doctor etc.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheres alan or richard when you need them???LOL
Old Jan 6th 2004, 4:43 pm
I Know What's Going On!

That's a different form to ours then. On our form you just need your name, address and tick a box.

Again, what about a headteacher? I'll sign them for you if you want!
Attached Files
File Type: doc
police check.doc (1.51 MB, 119 views)
Old Jan 6th 2004, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

bloody thames valley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol
Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:37 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

bloody thames valley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol
I got my form countersigned by the head master of the school my mum is a teacher at. I had never met the bloke in my life.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

i'll try the school tomorrow then!!!!!

cheers
Old Jan 6th 2004, 7:59 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Each police force has a different form, and they all have different requirements. If you can't find anyone to countersign the Thames Valley one, ring the Police HQ, ask for the Data Protection office, and tell them the problem. I would guess that if you take the docs into a police station someone there will probably be willing to sign them; failing that, sweet-talk the head-teacher!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.