Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Points on UK Licence

Points on UK Licence

Old Jan 19th 2010, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

debs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nice
Default Points on UK Licence

I have 6 points on my driving licence here in the UK can anyone please let me know what happens with these points when you apply for a Australian licence is it detrimental to you getting a licence?

Many thanks

Debs
Old Jan 19th 2010, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

debs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nice
Default Transfer of AS Levels to Courses in Oz

Hi

Can anyone please advise me in respect to the fact that when my daughter decides to come over to Oz she won't have finished her A'Levels because she will have only completed her first year at AS Level. She will also be 19 when coming to Perth because she wants to take a year out in London first.

At what age do they start college or Uni out in Perth? Are GCSEs an AS Levels transferrable and if so who would I be best to contact in Perth about her education please?

Any ideas would be greatly welcomed.

Debs
Old Jan 19th 2010, 9:59 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Points on UK Licence

Originally Posted by debs1966
I have 6 points on my driving licence here in the UK can anyone please let me know what happens with these points when you apply for a Australian licence is it detrimental to you getting a licence?

Many thanks

Debs
They seem to disappear

Old Jan 19th 2010, 10:02 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Transfer of AS Levels to Courses in Oz

Hi

Can anyone please advise me in respect to the fact that when my daughter decides to come over to Oz she won't have finished her A'Levels because she will have only completed her first year at AS Level. She will also be 19 when coming to Perth because she wants to take a year out in London first.

At what age do they start college or Uni out in Perth? Are GCSEs an AS Levels transferrable and if so who would I be best to contact in Perth about her education please?

Any ideas would be greatly welcomed.

Debs
This may help..
A Statement of Equivalent Qualification can be issued to people who have educational qualifications from overseas that are judged by the Authority to be equivalent to Year 11 or Year 12 level.http://www.britzinoz.com/page.php?25

Old Jan 21st 2010, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

shonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant futureshonalouise has a brilliant future

My hubby has 3 points on licence when we arrived 3 years ago. The insurers asked us whether clean licence, we said why of course gov'nor. No further questions asked. No that I would advicate dishonesty but it worked for us.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 1:14 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shonalouise
My hubby has 3 points on licence when we arrived 3 years ago. The insurers asked us whether clean licence, we said why of course gov'nor. No further questions asked. No that I would advicate dishonesty but it worked for us.
I think the use of the term gov'nor swayed them by its officiality!!! lol
Old Jan 21st 2010, 1:17 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks

Debs
Debs,

It shouldn't matter as you start afresh here. Please note that there are different license requirements in each State. For example, a Temp Resident in QLD can get a full QLD license, a Temp Resident in NSW does not and keeps their UK license but does get a NSW RTA reference number. Even though I am here for at least 3 years, it is on a Temp Visa and NSW RTA don't require me to hold a full NSW license! Suits me!!
Old Jan 21st 2010, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shonalouise
That's the way

When you first arrive in a new country, start you experience by lieing about your driving record in order to pay a large sum of money to an insurance company for a potentially worthless piece of paper, then advertise the fact on a public internet forum.

Way to go
Old Jan 21st 2010, 4:59 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by paddyo
Debs,

It shouldn't matter as you start afresh here. Please note that there are different license requirements in each State. For example, a Temp Resident in QLD can get a full QLD license, a Temp Resident in NSW does not and keeps their UK license but does get a NSW RTA reference number. Even though I am here for at least 3 years, it is on a Temp Visa and NSW RTA don't require me to hold a full NSW license! Suits me!!
Actually NONE of the States require that you get a Full licence on a Temp Visa.

NSW is the only one that won't allow you to, until after 6 months. But even then you can only get a Q Licence, renewable every 12 months.

Old Jan 21st 2010, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Wherever I drive to after work each evening I guess
Toe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud of

This idea of dropping the points seemed to have missed me! I had 3 points in the UK. Got to Qld, got the new licence, then they rolled out the speed camera van just for me so I could get 3 demerit points - oh and a $200 fine.

I now feel right at home!

TD