Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

points on driving licence

points on driving licence

Old Mar 30th 2007, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice
Default Re: points on driving licence

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Yeah no dramas, i've got a few points in the UK, here in Bris they dont ask for youre old licence. You have to sit the written exam and then you start with a clean licence with 12 demerit points. If you then get caught you lose the points for three years, be careful thou some times around public holidays the points double.
Rich
Hi Rich,
Might be wrong but I was under the impression that you didnt have to sit a written exam any more??!!

Thanks for all your replies, Jackie
Old Mar 30th 2007, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future
Thumbs down Re: points on driving licence

Originally Posted by jackie barden
Hi Rich,
Might be wrong but I was under the impression that you didnt have to sit a written exam any more??!!

Thanks for all your replies, Jackie
I've just got my queensland licence and it was just a case of going in to the transport office with a bit of ID an filling in a few forms plus posing for a photo.

Got new licence in about 1/2 hour.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice

Originally Posted by caleb2003
I've just got my queensland licence and it was just a case of going in to the transport office with a bit of ID an filling in a few forms plus posing for a photo.

Got new licence in about 1/2 hour.
cheers for that info, that was the impression that I had. Presumably the office is in Brisbane or at least one of them?
Jackie
Old Mar 30th 2007, 8:30 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharon_gareth
Common sence would say leave a lane empty for people to get past but no not over here. Drivers will sit in lanes next to each other doing the same speed while you are left trapped behind cursing .:curse: Yes you guessed we arrived late to the Wedding
Common sense would say dont speed then it wouldnt be a problem.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 8:34 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackie barden
cheers for that info, that was the impression that I had. Presumably the office is in Brisbane or at least one of them?
Jackie
No there are Queensland transport offices all over.

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home...t_us/By_place/

You will need to take along appropriate ID to fulfil the criteria and simply fill out the forms.

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home..._requirements/

You dont need an appointment and they will take your photo on the spot and give you your licence there and then.

You dont need to sit any exam at all and dont you start with any demerit points as others have suggested. Its really the easiest process - dont panic.
Old Mar 30th 2007, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Centurion
No there are Queensland transport offices all over.

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home...t_us/By_place/

You will need to take along appropriate ID to fulfil the criteria and simply fill out the forms.

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home..._requirements/

You dont need an appointment and they will take your photo on the spot and give you your licence there and then.

You dont need to sit any exam at all and dont you start with any demerit points as others have suggested. Its really the easiest process - dont panic.
Thanks alot for that.
Still waiting to see if hubby is going to get any points as he was flashed at the weekend. Has spent the last 21 years gloating that he hasnt any points, so that may change!!!!
Just want to get to Queensland now!!!!!
Jackie