Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

podiatrist queensland

podiatrist queensland

Old Nov 12th 2006, 11:45 am
Just Joined

mike fae scotland is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile podiatrist queensland

Can anyone help me with regards to what additional training a podiatrist qualified in the UK needs do to to practice in Queensland and if there is a lot of jobs available in this profession and if so what sort of salary would be realistic I am looking to work possible in the Brisbane or Gold coast area

Thanks

Mike fae Scotland
Old Nov 12th 2006, 8:10 pm
Account Closed

Funky Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: podiatrist queensland

Originally Posted by mike fae scotland
Can anyone help me with regards to what additional training a podiatrist qualified in the UK needs do to to practice in Queensland and if there is a lot of jobs available in this profession and if so what sort of salary would be realistic I am looking to work possible in the Brisbane or Gold coast area

Thanks

Mike fae Scotland
Hi Mike.
As a long term user of this site I think you have had no replies due to the fact there are probably no Podiatrists that use this site as most on here are very helpful.
Try using an agent as they will probably know - cheers James.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

dani is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Funky Monkey
Hi Mike.
As a long term user of this site I think you have had no replies due to the fact there are probably no Podiatrists that use this site as most on here are very helpful.
Try using an agent as they will probably know - cheers James.
Hi Mike and James,

I am a Podiatrist! Mike I will send you a private message regarding your query.

Dani
Old Nov 14th 2006, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

ew502 will become famous soon enoughew502 will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: podiatrist queensland

Thanks

Mike fae Scotland
Hi I'm a pod too. I work in the public health system in Taree, NSW. I would suggest having a look at www.podiatry-arena.com, it will answer all your questions in full.

As long as you graduated from a recognised school of podiatry i.e. have a degree or the old diploma, you should be fine. I qualified last june, had my skills assessed by the australian podiatry association and registered with the NSW board of pods and bingo...here I am!!

I don't know about jobs in Queensland, I'm sure they are out there, if going to a private firm, ask for references as I've heard some horror stories. In rural areas podiatrists are like Gold dust, took them three years to find someone for my position...me!! If you have any other questions pm me.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 2:06 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Mike fae Scotland
Cant help you with the salaries and the like but I can say that being in the therapies industry that I constantly see adverts wanting podiatrists in Brisbane so at least the prospects appear first hand to be very good in Brissy.