Reload this Page >

podgypossum your webpage is done

podgypossum your webpage is done

Old Jan 20th 2004, 1:49 am
Brisbane

Trayla is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG, Luke!!!

What on earth was that!

Me, PP, JAZ and the girls are not going to be able to get anything done at our first meeting.

I have started mucking around with Frontpage, so we shall have to see what we come up with on Weds.

We are definately going to have to get the wine in.

Trayla
Old Jan 20th 2004, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Errrrr...Trayla..we have a slight technical hitch for tomorrow.. Bill is not off and will be working, so we need an emergency plan for transport so that we can still have a drinky poo!!...

PANIC STATIONS :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Jan 20th 2004, 2:30 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by podgypossum
Errrrr...Trayla..we have a slight technical hitch for tomorrow.. Bill is not off and will be working, so we need an emergency plan for transport so that we can still have a drinky poo!!...

PANIC STATIONS :scared: :scared: :scared:
where theres a Bill, theres a way
Old Jan 20th 2004, 3:47 am
I CU HACKN

keyurlavingia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Luke I Amyofath
where theres a Bill, theres a way

I'd like to step in here and ask "Why can't we have one more website with links to info on all the major cities like Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and more ? We can have one person assigned the admin and one reviewer for each city. People with info can then submit info on those cities and then the admin will post it on the website for all to see. I am definately willing to be an admin if thats what it takes.

I can setup a good domain specially for this purpose and we can start from there.

BTW, I am a citizen of India, currently in Virginia-USA and heading for Melbourne ...DIMIA willing.

Keyur.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 3:58 am
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by keyurlavingia
I'd like to step in here and ask "Why can't we have one more website with links to info on all the major cities like Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and more ? We can have one person assigned the admin and one reviewer for each city. People with info can then submit info on those cities and then the admin will post it on the website for all to see. I am definately willing to be an admin if thats what it takes.

I can setup a good domain specially for this purpose and we can start from there.

BTW, I am a citizen of India, currently in Virginia-USA and heading for Melbourne ...DIMIA willing.

Keyur.
good idea, especially if you have access to more bandwidth and more fitting domain name. maybe the site could have links to pages of the various cities etc
Old Jan 20th 2004, 4:30 am
I CU HACKN

good idea, especially if you have access to more bandwidth and more fitting domain name. maybe the site could have links to pages of the various cities etc
Do you think 1 GB per month should be enough or you think we would need more ? We can always resize some pics to make them smaller in byte size or maybe add links to some geocities pages for the pics themselves.

Let me know what you think. I was thinking www.australiancities.info for the domain name.

Last edited by keyurlavingia; Jan 20th 2004 at 4:34 am.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 4:34 am
I CU HACKN

Do you think 1 GB per month should be enough or you think we would need more ? We can always resize some pics to make them smaller in byte size or maybe add links to some geocities pages for the pics themselves.

Let me know what you think. I was thinking www.australiancities.info for the domain name.

Sorry made a mistake ...the package that I was thinking of getting for the site offers 5 GB per month. I think that should be pretty enough for us to start with. Even after that they are charging only US$0.99 per GB over 5 GB. I can surely afford that much.

Keyur.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 4:49 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Luke

What are the best free message boards out there? I have 50 megs of space with PHP and mySQL facilities.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

That is a good idea... trouble is finding people in all the places willing to take it on.

If there was enough support from everyone, we could make the welcome groups a national thing. We all keep our own provincial identity but link up on a national scale too....my god!!..we could take over the world! :scared: :scared:
Old Jan 20th 2004, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

I forgot to add that the owner of AdelaideBrits has given us permission to use his messageboard as our local forum, so we will add that to the website.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 4:58 am
Banned

Originally posted by bondipom
Luke

What are the best free message boards out there? I have 50 megs of space with PHP and mySQL facilities.
Bondi

boards2go is pretty good. you can set preferences up to allow only registered users or any user to submit.

the one I set up is at:

http://b4.boards2go.com/boards/board...er=podgypossum
Old Jan 20th 2004, 5:00 am
I CU HACKN

I forgot to add that the owner of AdelaideBrits has given us permission to use his messageboard as our local forum, so we will add that to the website.

I think we can start it off with maybe a couple of cities like Adelaide and Sydney. For the message boards, I have 500 MB of space and MySQL and PHP too.

Bondipom - You wanna give me a tech rundown on how to setup a webpage with a message board ? We can have our own then.

Podgypossum - Can you become the owner of the Adelaide section of the website ?

Keyur.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 5:00 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I think we can start it off with maybe a couple of cities like Adelaide and Sydney. For the message boards, I have 500 MB of space and MySQL and PHP too.

Bondipom - You wanna give me a tech rundown on how to setup a webpage with a message board ? We can have our own then.

Keyur.
I do not know but I will find out I think.
Old Jan 20th 2004, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Keyur.

Umm..yes..no..yes...oh i dont know!!..i'm all confused now... not sure what we are doing

We are still in the infancy of organising the Adelaide group and dont have our meeting till tomorrow night. I wouldnt want ot agree ot anything until i have okayed it with the others.

Can i get back to you?
Old Jan 20th 2004, 5:06 am
I CU HACKN

Umm..yes..no..yes...oh i dont know!!..i'm all confused now... not sure what we are doing

We are still in the infancy of organising the Adelaide group and dont have our meeting till tomorrow night. I wouldnt want ot agree ot anything until i have okayed it with the others.

Can i get back to you?

No ....give me an answer now dammit ..........I am just kiddin ...discuss it over with others for sure. After all, you were the one with the idea of starting a website for information anyways. I am just jumping in with my ideas.

Just let me know what you think of my ideas and if it works out ...we'll definately work together to take over the world .....)

Keyur.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.