Podcasts?

Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:21 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Podcasts?

Trying out a few podcasts mostly talk radio most seam a bit naf.
Anyone know some good ones
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:28 pm
JKA
Forum Regular

JKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Podcasts?

Excuse my ignorance but what's a podcast?

John
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by JKA
Excuse my ignorance but what's a podcast?

John
Radio show clips you can download to your ipod
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:33 pm
JKA
Forum Regular

JKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the roughJKA is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Cheers
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:38 pm
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of

Trying out a few podcasts mostly talk radio most seam a bit naf.
Anyone know some good ones
try JJJ
Old Aug 8th 2005, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by gogdownunder
try JJJ
downloading one now from triple j
Old Aug 9th 2005, 9:12 pm

The triple j one was good anyone else got any??
Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

gavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nice

The triple j one was good anyone else got any??
I know this is a fairly old thread, but....

I download regularly:

The Best of Chris Moyles - BBC Radio 1
Chris Evan - The Best Bits - BBC Radio 2
Pete Tong Podcast - BBC Radio 1
Sportsweek - BBC Radio 5 Live
Real Sydney - Property Market talk on Sydney

Gav
Old Oct 25th 2005, 11:33 am
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gavstrad
I know this is a fairly old thread, but....

I download regularly:

Chris Evan - The Best Bits - BBC Radio 2
Pete Tong Podcast - BBC Radio 1
Sportsweek - BBC Radio 5 Live
Real Sydney - Property Market talk on Sydney

Gav
How d'you do it? I got an iPod at the weekend, but still learning how to do all this stuff, so I can hold my head high and stop being branded an oldie by all my nieces and nephews once again

Would like to get the one about Syndey property market. Is JJJ to do with Australia too?
Old Oct 25th 2005, 12:04 pm
Gwyllt

gogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud ofgogdownunder has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by suzimc
How d'you do it? I got an iPod at the weekend, but still learning how to do all this stuff, so I can hold my head high and stop being branded an oldie by all my nieces and nephews once again

Would like to get the one about Syndey property market. Is JJJ to do with Australia too?
A podcast is almost like on-demand radio. You have to install podcast receiver software on to your PC(I use Ipodder) then "subscribe " to radio stations that offer the service. I use it to listen abc.net programmes that are on at times that are inconvenient for me to listen. The programmes are downloaded to your computer, you then d/l onto a portable device if you want to.

You would have to check out Sydney radio stations for what you are after, I doubt it though..........Triple J is a Oz public broadcaster, mainly non pop music
Old Oct 25th 2005, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

gavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nicegavstrad is just really nice

Originally Posted by suzimc

Hey

When you're computers is connected to the internet, start iTunes and select the Music Store option from the ‘Source’ tool bar. Look for Podcasts down the left hand side menu – select this. Once the page changes, again on the left hand side (below account details) you'll find a search box. Either search for BBC, Sydney or Australia and a list will be displayed of available Podcasts. The ones I listed previously are all free to subscribe to!

Then all you do is select subscribe button on the left hand side and it should start to download the podcast to your computer. Next time you synchronise your iPod it will load them.

Finally, change your Podcast preferences within iTunes to select how often you want updates and if you want to keep previous episodes…

Any problems just let me know!

Gav

BTW if you haven’t registered with the iTunes Store, you will have to before you can download – don’t worry it’s free!
Old Oct 25th 2005, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Hey

When you're computers is connected to the internet, start iTunes and select the Music Store option from the ‘Source’ tool bar. Look for Podcasts down the left hand side menu – select this. Once the page changes, again on the left hand side (below account details) you'll find a search box. Either search for BBC, Sydney or Australia and a list will be displayed of available Podcasts. The ones I listed previously are all free to subscribe to!

Then all you do is select subscribe button on the left hand side and it should start to download the podcast to your computer. Next time you synchronise your iPod it will load them.

Finally, change your Podcast preferences within iTunes to select how often you want updates and if you want to keep previous episodes…

Any problems just let me know!

Gav

BTW if you haven’t registered with the iTunes Store, you will have to before you can download – don’t worry it’s free!
Cool - thanks - geek that I am, I can't wait to get home and give this a try now
Old Oct 25th 2005, 2:58 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Or a proper mp3 player like a Rio Carbon (ipod on steroids).
Old Oct 25th 2005, 3:19 pm
oneday someday

jas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the roughjas_uk is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Or a proper mp3 player like a Rio Carbon (ipod on steroids).
Ditto, you dont need an ipod to download podcasts..
Old Oct 25th 2005, 3:23 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

I download regularly:

What a spectacularly short podcast that must be!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.