Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Plymouth meet-up anyone ???

Plymouth meet-up anyone ???

Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:11 pm
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of
Smile Plymouth meet-up anyone ???

Hya Donna, just checked my PM today (Thurs) will try to ring you tonight or over the weekend maybe as daughter is coming out of hospital today after an operation so might be a bit hectic. Would be great to chat though. Cheers Sarah
Old Mar 29th 2007, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all
Default Re: Plymouth meet-up anyone ???

Guess what folks we just heard today we have passed the TRA!

Old Mar 30th 2007, 8:21 am
patience is a virtue !!!!

jo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the rough

CONGRATULATIONS,
Old Apr 1st 2007, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all

I'm from Plymouth and have been living in Brisbane for 12 years (spent a year in Adelaide also), I travel extensively with my job to all Australian cities so if you have any questions please give me a hoy.

Cheers

Stuart

ps. My brother owns Crosskeys Estate Agents in Stoke opposite Ivor Dewdneys
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

We're flying out of Perth tonight and will be back in Plymouth tomorrow evening (Tuesday). I'll try and remember to bring the cars, job and property sections from the local paper so you can get an idea of the cost of things over here.
I work from home so we could meet up with those of you who work weekends. Best to arrange meet ups during the day as we have a 10 month old son.

Hope to meet some of you soon.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to allOzzy7 is a name known to all

Hope you have a pleasant safe flight home, cant wait to meet you all.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:22 am

jo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the roughjo andy + 2 is a jewel in the rough

have a good journey home and look forward to meeting up.

With it being Easter this weekend shall we try and make a definate plan for the following sunday..which will be the 15th. wot u think any1 ???

Hi Stuart, we are off to Perth. never been before so any info is greatly received.

Jo
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

parh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Re: Plymouth meet-up anyone ???

HI ALL,

WE WOULD LIKE TO MEET UP, WE'RE IN PLYMOUTH TOO. WE TRIED TO START A MEET UP BUT THAT'S THE ONE THAT ENDED UP AT BRISTOL. TOO FAR FOR OUR CHILDREN FOR A CHIN WAG!! (11,8 & 4 YRS) WE'RE LOOKING AT THE GOLD COAST OR CAIRNS IF OH'S CDR GETS POSITIVE ASSESSMENT?!! SENDING IT SOON!! WILL KEEP A LOOKOUT FOR DATE AND PLACE. PAULA (15TH LOOKS GOOD)

Last edited by parh; Apr 2nd 2007 at 12:00 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

15th is good for us too.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond reputesdunx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jo andy + 2
Hi Stuart, we are off to Perth. never been before so any info is greatly received.

Jo
Jo / Andy

I spend a lot of time in Perth with my work and is a lovely place. It has the advantage of beaches close to/in the suburbs which is great (although the novelty sort of wears off a bit after a few years). Currently there is loads of work because of the resources boom and that should continue the way China is growing and consuming vast amouts of stuff. Perth does suffer from its isolation as is expensive to get anywhere, cost me $800 return from Brisbane last time and that was a cheaper flight. Locals tend to be a bit insular with a bit of a complex complaining about everything that's 'over east' (Sydney, Melbourne particularly). Always notice a much bigger problem with drunken aboriginals in Perth than ever I do in Brisbane, not that they cause any harm just nuisance factor of asking for money, fags etc. (if you've survived Union St at 2am on a saturday night its a walk in the park!!). House prices have been going mental in Perth because of the resources boom, however don't buy anything until you're sure about where you want to live as expensive to buy/sell here. Rent for a while until you are absolutely sure of the suburb (or city even) you want to live in. Hope this helps a bit, I'm off to Perth this month and will be back in Plymouth in May. Any specific info you want I can bring back with me if you'd like. Where do you live exactly? My mum lives in Crownhill, got brothers in Stoke and milehouse. In-laws all from Modbury (I love it there and would rather live there than aussie but too bloody expensive).

Cheers

Stuart
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 4:51 pm

Hi Stuart,
Thanx for all that info...We are in Laira and fly out 11th June so it would be great to meet up with you when you come back in May.
We know Modbury/challabourough very vell, spent most of my lifetime of weekends there,,love the beach,,and used to have a caravan,which was good fun.
We are going to rent for quite a while but it sounds as tho the rentals are getting a bit scarce.hope theres some left when we get there would be good if you could bring back a few newspapers..
cheers and speak again soon

Looks like the 15th is a good date,,,,where shall us meet ?????? The Warner Village is a pretty good place,,,,any preference. ???...... OR shall I pm you all my address and we can sit in the garden with a few beers and the kids can play on playstation ??????

Jo
x
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:58 pm
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of
Default Plymouth meet-up anyone ???

Hya everybody...sorry been busy with kids being off school etc and not being able to get near the computer. Yeah the 15th April sounds good to us too, I'll keep a watchful eye on this thread now for details of what time and where etc...but we're easy as long as kids can be entertained. Looking forward to chatting about Oz!!!
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Looks like the 15th is a good date,,,,where shall us meet ?????? The Warner Village is a pretty good place,,,,any preference. ???...... OR shall I pm you all my address and we can sit in the garden with a few beers and the kids can play on playstation ??????

Jo
x[/QUOTE]

Blimey Jo you are a brave woman, most of us have kids so you might end up with a house full
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 10:02 pm

Hi Elaine,
yeah I know, im a rite sucker for a garden party think thats the main reason for moving to OZ... im happy in the garden, few beers, fire lit !!! not sure if you are allowed fires in Oz tho ???
If anyone up for it I really dont mind, we are used to adults in the garden and kids running round the house playing, seems to work quite well and if the weather nice we can even lite the barbie and really dream on .......

Jo
Old Apr 4th 2007, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Well we made it back in one piece although it was pretty bumpy from Perth to Dubai!!
Brought back some newspapers detailing houses, cars and jobs for you all to have a look at.
The 15th sounds good for us, just hope it warms up soon as we nearly froze when we got off the plane at Plymouth last night
Looking forward to going back soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.