Plumbing question

Wikiposts

Plumbing question

Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Plumbing question

Originally Posted by Wol
Yes, I was looking for some sort of expansion chamber/damper piston but today the plumber fitted "fixed" piston washers in the isolation valves instead of the "floating" ones and that cured it, thank god! The floaters were just pistoning when the taps were shut off.
cut the copper and fit a coil of poly pipe
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:47 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Catch
cut the copper and fit a coil of poly pipe
That's the pipe the rats like, no?
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:50 pm
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wol
That's the pipe the rats like, no?
yes wol rats and other rodents can knaw through it, before i came out to oz i got sent to a house which had a leak,it turned out mice had nibbled through the hep 20 pipe under the conservatory floor .But believe me mate it is far easier to use plastic here than copper brazing and expanding can be a nightmare:curse:
Old Jul 15th 2007, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

leew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the rough

I came over from dundee scotland in january and have 20 yrs exp as a time served plumber / gasfitter and was always taught that if you would not exept it in your own house them why should anyone else have to exept it and always tried to take great pride in my work as you ae only as good as your last job as the saying goes , anyway yes the are rough as guts and dated with methods and systems but they do honestly believe that they are leaving a good quality job and are the best at every thing and all winge about how hard they have to work , i laugh and say try working in below zero and do all your own labouring and patch ing aswell them tell mee but its their country but i still have my standards !!! there thats what i think
Old Jul 15th 2007, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

beasty boy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by shooshed
Been following this thread with interest!

If you come across any British plumbers looking for work in Australia send me a reply - a busy company in Brisbane is looking for some skilled workers because of the short supply of plumbers in Australia.
hi i'am a fully qualified plumber/heating engineer moving brisbane 08 and was
very interested in your quote on plumbing employment and would like more info on licencing and work carried out.