Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Plumbing pipe size

Plumbing pipe size

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 7:35 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Plumbing pipe size

got some plumbing stuff from UK wanting to sell and it is for 15mm & 22mm pipes.

Things I have seen for sale here are in inches or reference to 14mm & 16mm

Anyway, will the 15mm & 22mm be worth something, or is it as useful as a chocolate teapot?
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Plumbing pipe size

Originally Posted by walaj
got some plumbing stuff from UK wanting to sell and it is for 15mm & 22mm pipes.

Anyway, will the 15mm & 22mm be worth something, or is it as useful as a chocolate teapot?
I am interested in this thread as I need to buy somee new plumbing tools. So do I buy good and bring or cheap and give away?

Johnnyyt
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

gasmark is on a distinguished road

Sorry, Pipe sizes here are smaller, 14mm & 19mm. your uk benders are no good. turbo torch is fine though, you use mapp gas instead of propane.

Regards

Mark
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 6:02 am
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

Hubby is a plumber...I'll ask him.....
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gasmark
Sorry, Pipe sizes here are smaller, 14mm & 19mm. your uk benders are no good. turbo torch is fine though, you use mapp gas instead of propane.

Regards

Mark
Mark,
thanks for the reply.
Old Oct 23rd 2007, 10:11 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Regards

Mark
thanks - the bender goes on the list of most useless things to bring to Oz. At least a choc teapot I could eat
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Demented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really nice

Agree with gasmark, bring everything except bender and pipe slices, your manometer will do the job but you will be converting Kpa into Mb. Tools are also expensive out here so clean everything and bring em.

Dale
Old Oct 24th 2007, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

Demented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really niceDemented Ferret is just really nice

Regards

Mark
Hi Mark, Remember the Plumber you met at a pub in Ripley on a Nottingham meet, you were moving soon after, i also called you the day your furiture was being picked up. Hope your doing ok.

Dale
Old Oct 24th 2007, 11:30 pm
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Demented Ferret
Agree with gasmark, bring everything except bender and pipe slices, your manometer will do the job but you will be converting Kpa into Mb. Tools are also expensive out here so clean everything and bring em.

Dale
Yeah that was my OH's words too....we gave everything away and had to buy everything new...big mistake. He also said he thought like he knew nothing about plumbing too when he first started as everything is that different (been plumbing 22 years in UK)
Old Oct 25th 2007, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shortlets
Yeah that was my OH's words too....we gave everything away and had to buy everything new...big mistake. He also said he thought like he knew nothing about plumbing too when he first started as everything is that different (been plumbing 22 years in UK)
Yeah when you ask for a compression socket, its called a union, when everything has got a diffrent name and a diffrent size, it makes you feel like an alien. But 2 years on you dont feel as bad. Apart from the digging, blockages and trying to find an issolation valve to turn water off.
It can take you longer to find a stop tap than it does to do the job.
Old Oct 25th 2007, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

Hi Dale,

How are you ? seems such a long time ago now.

You're still plumbing then, didnt get put off by all the digging...hehe.

I mainly work in new housing with the odd reno. Drains, Roughings, Gas & Fit off's.

I will never forget when somebody asked me for a bell end..........

Give me a pm with your number and we'll have a chat.

Cheers

Mark
Old Oct 26th 2007, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

aussie house Drainage system
Attached Thumbnails Plumbing pipe size-rain-forest-019.jpg   Plumbing pipe size-rain-forest-018.jpg  
Old Oct 26th 2007, 7:02 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey, that's good - even the soil pipes are supported. Wish it was the same round here!