Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Plumbers wives club!!!!!!!

Plumbers wives club!!!!!!!

Old May 8th 2005, 9:52 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plumbers wives club!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by sued
you can go STNI to Victoria, South Australia or Tasmania. we have just had our letter of acceptance back from Victoria.

But as a general plumber not a gasfitter
Old May 8th 2005, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

g-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fraser
But as a general plumber not a gasfitter

cheers guys you have both been really helpful are we all off to victoria then
toni
Old May 8th 2005, 9:57 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by g-man
toni
But we're going there on a permanant visa you wont be. I don't mean to get on your case but you really should considre going STNI South Australia it's a much more secure option for you
Old May 8th 2005, 9:57 pm
another aussie dreamer

sued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant future

toni
think so looks like best start for work and seems a nice place to live
Old May 8th 2005, 9:58 pm

think so looks like best start for work and seems a nice place to live
Melbourne is a lovely place to live we've been there 3 times and all being well we shall be there September
Old May 8th 2005, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

g-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to all

But we're going there on a permanant visa you wont be. I don't mean to get on your case but you really should considre going STNI South Australia it's a much more secure option for you
we understand that we wont be going out on a pernament visa but as we dont want SA this is the easiest option, it also gives us the option of coming home in two years if we dont settle and agent has said that after two years should get PR no problem. we like to live dangerously (only joking) i am sure we will be fine cheers for the concern
toni
Old May 8th 2005, 10:05 pm

we understand that we wont be going out on a pernament visa but as we dont want SA this is the easiest option, it also gives us the option of coming home in two years if we dont settle and agent has said that after two years should get PR no problem. we like to live dangerously (only joking) i am sure we will be fine cheers for the concern
toni

Well that's cool then as long as you know where you stand good luck Fraser.
Old May 8th 2005, 10:14 pm
another aussie dreamer

sued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant future

Melbourne is a lovely place to live we've been there 3 times and all being well we shall be there September
what part of melbourne do you plan to live in? we haven't been but we quite like the look of the coast from seaford down to mornington. what did you think of the weather in melbourne.all i keep hearing is four seasons in a day. hubbie thinks this is great because this is great weather for plumbers and fishing.
Old May 8th 2005, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

Well that's cool then as long as you know where you stand good luck Fraser.
you have got us thinking now about how to go about this will contact agent tommorow a little seed has been planted, i suppose that is the purpose of this site, we were decided an hour ago what we wanted now not to sure, do you know if it is possible to change TRA as hubby is a qualified plumber

toni
Old May 9th 2005, 6:00 am

you have got us thinking now about how to go about this will contact agent tommorow a little seed has been planted, i suppose that is the purpose of this site, we were decided an hour ago what we wanted now not to sure, do you know if it is possible to change TRA as hubby is a qualified plumber

toni
The best thing is for you to do a post on the australian immigration forum where there are at least 3 immigration agents that post.
The question SIR or STNI has been asked on there a few times and the agents have always advised to get the STNI visa when ever possible and the SIR as a last resort.

Maybe if you do a search you'll find all the answers you need. Sorry to plant that seed but as someone who's been reading this board religously for 6 months I felt it only right to pass on the experienced agents reservations
Old May 9th 2005, 6:53 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Why SIR and not STNI

thats what i said!!!!!
Old May 9th 2005, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

beebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nice

hi all, another plumbers wife here(must be for my sins in a previous life)

so happy to see there are others out there in the same position-"pulling hair our by the roots while doing tra application". have been reading this site now for a couple of months and have really found it a great help with all our questions. people now think i'm a raving lunatic as every time i'm on site i laugh out load to myself-great tonic for form filling depression.

we're just about ready to send off tra app. but now all the doubts are setting in - will we get jobs
- will we have enough money to live
- will the kids settle ok(15,9 & 6months)
- will we make friends

hubbie has 23 years plumbing experience-last five self-employed with a really healthy business but after reading all the threads for plumbers i'm panicking that he will be turned down. :scared:
does any one know what % of plumbers are accepted.
hi there and welcome!!! what would the guys do without the wives!!???
my hubby asks all the questions and then goes off to watch footie or DIY while i try and find answers!! stick with it it will be worth it (tell myself that everyday)
you will have enough money! are you selling house? you will be in debt free position for first time in ages! until you get another morgage!
the kids will adapt better than you think the youngest wont know any different! the eldest will like all the attention of being the new kid and be able to choose friends! and have the option of going back to visit grandparents etc in the long holidays
you will make friends! you are outgoing (wouldnt be doing this in first place!)
it is easy to meet people, it will take time to make friends though and as long as you expect the unexpected you will be fine. and choose potential friends wisley. and then rave about your move so much that your mates from home will be eager to come and have a look!! :scared:
we have passsed TRA and now hubby is resigned to fact that his QUALifications and experience will mean squat diddly and he will have to RE-learn his trade all over again!! (judging by other comments posted re plumbers) but hey ho! he is a hard worker and does not expect to walk into top job when we arrive.
we will concentrate on gretting his licence and then work....and re learn all different ways etc...
good luck and keep posting
BEV...
Old May 9th 2005, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Plumbers wives club!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by beebopaloola
hi there and welcome!!! what would the guys do without the wives!!???
my hubby asks all the questions and then goes off to watch footie or DIY while i try and find answers!! stick with it it will be worth it (tell myself that everyday)
you will have enough money! are you selling house? you will be in debt free position for first time in ages! until you get another morgage!
the kids will adapt better than you think the youngest wont know any different! the eldest will like all the attention of being the new kid and be able to choose friends! and have the option of going back to visit grandparents etc in the long holidays
you will make friends! you are outgoing (wouldnt be doing this in first place!)
it is easy to meet people, it will take time to make friends though and as long as you expect the unexpected you will be fine. and choose potential friends wisley. and then rave about your move so much that your mates from home will be eager to come and have a look!! :scared:
we have passsed TRA and now hubby is resigned to fact that his QUALifications and experience will mean squat diddly and he will have to RE-learn his trade all over again!! (judging by other comments posted re plumbers) but hey ho! he is a hard worker and does not expect to walk into top job when we arrive.
we will concentrate on gretting his licence and then work....and re learn all different ways etc...
good luck and keep posting
BEV...
Hi Bev, Jo here again, still attempting to get info for hubbie as he is still too lazy to update his training needed for TRA. Bev if you don't mind me asking how do you go about how hubbie learnt whilst training? Would you put something along the lines like was shown how to install a sink and then list how to do it and what tools or am I completely off track here? If I could just have a format and then I can get him cracking on it!!! Anyone else out there with a format would be of great help.
Good luck to all Joxx
Old May 9th 2005, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by joanneS
Hi Bev, Jo here again, still attempting to get info for hubbie as he is still too lazy to update his training needed for TRA. Bev if you don't mind me asking how do you go about how hubbie learnt whilst training? Would you put something along the lines like was shown how to install a sink and then list how to do it and what tools or am I completely off track here? If I could just have a format and then I can get him cracking on it!!! Anyone else out there with a format would be of great help.
Good luck to all Joxx

That's exactly how you should do it say he was shown how to do it by the teacher he then did it and the teacher approved it ect
Old May 9th 2005, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Plumbers wives club!!!!!!!

That's exactly how you should do it say he was shown how to do it by the teacher he then did it and the teacher approved it ect
Evening Fraser at long last the expert! heard a lot of good things about you!! (grovel grovel)!! so am I right in thinking that hubbies on the job training stat dec would be like first year I learnt for instance installing a sink, this was shown to me first by the qualified plumber, (I haven't got a clue what to write next as hubbie is out)!! LOL, he did this and that blah blah, the tools he used were blah blah!! eventually I was able to do this on my own etc etc. Fraser Is there anywhere that states what was learnt first year second year etc because hubby can't remember that far back, he only knows that he can do it!! and reckons he always could... (memory like a fish)!! Also does he have to do everything that he learnt? How many pages will it take up cause he reckons there would be loads? (Be gentle with your answer otherwise it will freak him out altogether and I'll never get him round to writing anything)!!!
Thanks for your help Fraser and speak to you soon hopefully
Jo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.