Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Plumbers wives club!!!!!!!

Plumbers wives club!!!!!!!

Old May 8th 2005, 9:34 pm
another aussie dreamer

sued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: Plumbers wives club!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by g-man
hi i too am a plumbers wife, tra came back last week which came back as gas fitter asked our agent and he said that paul can still work as plumber when in oz so as long as we get there. Hoping for Victoria on SIR

toni

congrats thats brill but am so jealous. how long did TRA take? did you put general plumber on your app or did you just leave it blank.
where are you heading for in victoria?
Old May 8th 2005, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

g-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to all
Default Re: Plumbers wives club!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by fraser
Why SIR and not STNI
to tell you the truth we dont really know the difference ,that will sound very dumb but we have gone off the advice from our agents. we are hoping to be in oz before xmas so are the timescales different
toni
Old May 8th 2005, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

g-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sued
congrats thats brill but am so jealous. how long did TRA take? did you put general plumber on your app or did you just leave it blank.
cheers our tra took approx 4 weeks which shocked us, i think our agents put down general plumber not too sure. we are wanting to go to Geelong area

toni
Old May 8th 2005, 9:38 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

to tell you the truth we dont really know the difference ,that will sound very dumb but we have gone off the advice from our agents. we are hoping to be in oz before xmas so are the timescales different
toni
SIR is a temporary visa and you have live and work in regional Victoria. It has restrictions such as medicare, education ect.

STNI is for permanent residency and you're morally obligated to live and work in Victoria for 2 years.

STNI is what you want
Old May 8th 2005, 9:40 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I think if I remember I applied as plumber and they classed me general plumber, but then I don't do gas
Old May 8th 2005, 9:41 pm
another aussie dreamer

sued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: Plumbers wives club!!!!!!!

cheers our tra took approx 4 weeks which shocked us, i think our agents put down general plumber not too sure. we are wanting to go to Geelong area

toni
Gwad that was quick. hopefully we'll all be that lucky. have you done any research for work over there. what does your hubbie think of the wages? :scared:
Old May 8th 2005, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

SIR is a temporary visa and you have live and work in regional Victoria. It has restrictions such as medicare, education ect.

STNI is for permanent residency and you're morally obligated to live and work in Victoria for 2 years.

STNI is what you want
will that take longer to come through than an SIR and we only have 115 points does this make a difference

toni
Old May 8th 2005, 9:42 pm

Gwad that was quick. hopefully we'll all be that lucky. have you done any research for work over there. what does your hubbie think of the wages? :scared:
Bloody hell mine took 4.5 months
Old May 8th 2005, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

do you know something we dont about the wages , hubbie spoke to an aussie plumber who is working in uk and he has told him it is a piece of cake and not to stress over it
toni
Old May 8th 2005, 9:46 pm

will that take longer to come through than an SIR and we only have 115 points does this make a difference

toni

I've just realised you can't go STNI Victoria but you can go STNI South Australia
I would seriously consider this if I were you as with the SIR there's is no guarentee that you can stay after your initial 3 year term and after 2 yeras you'll have to apply for a STNI anywau as long as you've worked for one of the two years
Old May 8th 2005, 9:46 pm
another aussie dreamer

toni
no, we are going STNI and it is priority processed because that state has nominated you. 115 point are fine because you can apply with pool mark which is 70 points. i can't believe agent told you to apply for SIR when this is only a temp visa.
Old May 8th 2005, 9:48 pm

no, we are going STNI and it is priority processed because that state has nominated you. 115 point are fine because you can apply with pool mark which is 70 points. i can't believe agent told you to apply for SIR when this is only a temp visa.
But they can't go STNI with Victoria as general plumber and not gas fitter is on the list they'll have to go SA
Old May 8th 2005, 9:49 pm
another aussie dreamer

I've just realised you can't go STNI Victoria but you can go STNI South Australia
I would seriously consider this if I were you as with the SIR there's is no guarentee that you can stay after your initial 3 year term and after 2 yeras you'll have to apply for a STNI anywau as long as you've worked for one of the two years

you can go STNI to Victoria, South Australia or Tasmania. we have just had our letter of acceptance back from Victoria.
Old May 8th 2005, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

that is what the agent said and said it would be the easiest route for us to take,
toni
Old May 8th 2005, 9:52 pm
another aussie dreamer

But they can't go STNI with Victoria as general plumber and not gas fitter is on the list they'll have to go SA
whoops sorry didn't realise gasfitter wasn't on Victoria list. damn tra

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.