Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Plumbers wives club!!!!!!!

Plumbers wives club!!!!!!!

Old May 5th 2005, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Plumbers wives club!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by beebopaloola
Plumbers wives club!!!!!!! yip, yip, yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
plumbers are now on the MODL list :scared:
am excited about this and hope it speeds stuff up!!
we are on old sytem!! so have been waiting since april 2004!! police and medical checks went 25th APril 2005 so now its the waiting period!! anyone any idea how long it is usually????
bev
Evening everyone, have just voted, don't feel proud but couldn't decide between the two main parties. To be honest don't trust any of them!!!
Just like to bump this one up to the top again and see if there are any plumbers out there this evening! I think last night everyone was in the pub!!!!
Hope to hear from all of you this evening cos I still can't get hubbie to finish the treaded training bit for TRA!!!
Cheers Jox
Old May 5th 2005, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

beebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nice
Default Re: Plumbers wives club!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by joanneS
Evening everyone, have just voted, don't feel proud but couldn't decide between the two main parties. To be honest don't trust any of them!!!
Just like to bump this one up to the top again and see if there are any plumbers out there this evening! I think last night everyone was in the pub!!!!
Hope to hear from all of you this evening cos I still can't get hubbie to finish the treaded training bit for TRA!!!
Cheers Jox
hi i am a plumbers wife (god help me)
i had to fill out all his stuff cos he was always making excuses
just fluff it out and complete like an in depth CV
ive mentioned what i put in another thread just look at me posts
my hubby is settling down to watch selling your house! to see if we can get any tips
bev
Old May 5th 2005, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of

hi i am a plumbers wife (god help me)
i had to fill out all his stuff cos he was always making excuses
just fluff it out and complete like an in depth CV
ive mentioned what i put in another thread just look at me posts
my hubby is settling down to watch selling your house! to see if we can get any tips
bev
Hi Bev thanks for that, I think I spoke to you recently on another thread! yep hubbie is watching some DIY programme now as well! still no further on but hey there's always tomorrow!!
Thanks again
Jo
Old May 5th 2005, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

beebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nice

Hi Bev thanks for that, I think I spoke to you recently on another thread! yep hubbie is watching some DIY programme now as well! still no further on but hey there's always tomorrow!!
Thanks again
Jo

im off to annoy him now and watch FOOTBALLERS WIVES!!!
he will ask "whos that, what are they doing, why did she do that etc"
all the way through just to annoy me and then in adverts will tell me how rubbish it is!!!
MEN!!!!!!!AAAAAAGHHH!!

where abouts you headed??? i like look of carindale? tingalpa? carina? depends on jobs, schools etc
oh im off its goonna start!!!
speak to you later
bev
Old May 5th 2005, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

im off to annoy him now and watch FOOTBALLERS WIVES!!!
he will ask "whos that, what are they doing, why did she do that etc"
all the way through just to annoy me and then in adverts will tell me how rubbish it is!!!
MEN!!!!!!!AAAAAAGHHH!!

where abouts you headed??? i like look of carindale? tingalpa? carina? depends on jobs, schools etc
oh im off its goonna start!!!
speak to you later
bev
don't get a look in for footballers wives! he's still bloody on the DIY channel, how sad he does plumbing all day and then comes home to watch these people work on diy on the telly!!!
Not sure where we heading yet Bev, I think we will consider more when we pass the TRA (if we ever get round to sending it off)!!!
Like you will depend on schools, jobs etc.
like you signing off now cause adverts are on telly and that is all I've managed to watch all night!!
Old May 8th 2005, 5:10 pm
another aussie dreamer

sued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: Plumbers wives club!!!!!!!

hi all, another plumbers wife here(must be for my sins in a previous life)

so happy to see there are others out there in the same position-"pulling hair our by the roots while doing tra application". have been reading this site now for a couple of months and have really found it a great help with all our questions. people now think i'm a raving lunatic as every time i'm on site i laugh out load to myself-great tonic for form filling depression.

we're just about ready to send off tra app. but now all the doubts are setting in - will we get jobs
- will we have enough money to live
- will the kids settle ok(15,9 & 6months)
- will we make friends

hubbie has 23 years plumbing experience-last five self-employed with a really healthy business but after reading all the threads for plumbers i'm panicking that he will be turned down. :scared:
does any one know what % of plumbers are accepted.
Old May 8th 2005, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sued
hi all, another plumbers wife here(must be for my sins in a previous life)

so happy to see there are others out there in the same position-"pulling hair our by the roots while doing tra application". have been reading this site now for a couple of months and have really found it a great help with all our questions. people now think i'm a raving lunatic as every time i'm on site i laugh out load to myself-great tonic for form filling depression.

we're just about ready to send off tra app. but now all the doubts are setting in - will we get jobs
- will we have enough money to live
- will the kids settle ok(15,9 & 6months)
- will we make friends

hubbie has 23 years plumbing experience-last five self-employed with a really healthy business but after reading all the threads for plumbers i'm panicking that he will be turned down. :scared:
does any one know what % of plumbers are accepted.
Hi sue
Welcome to Plumbers Wifes Anonymous!! I just like the way that its always the women that seem to be on here trying to gather info for their hubbies!! we are trying to collate all info for TRA at the moment, stuck on training info (what exactly needs to be put on it)!, hubbie can't be bothered to use his brain at the moment, so its down to me trying to hunt around for info for him. bloody men!!!
I know exactly how you feel about having doubts, I also have 3 kids, 13 (thinks he's eighteen already), 10 and 4. unsure whether we will muck up their lives if we drag them away from their mates etc. also work, main concern. I have just been reading a post where someone said its really hard to obtain a licence in queensland even though he has been plumbing for years!! Not sure where we are heading yet? Where are you off to?
Good luck with TRA and hopefully speak to you soon!
Where in Ireland are you from?
Joxx
Old May 8th 2005, 9:03 pm
another aussie dreamer

sued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant futuresued has a brilliant future

Hi sue
Welcome to Plumbers Wifes Anonymous!! I just like the way that its always the women that seem to be on here trying to gather info for their hubbies!! we are trying to collate all info for TRA at the moment, stuck on training info (what exactly needs to be put on it)!, hubbie can't be bothered to use his brain at the moment, so its down to me trying to hunt around for info for him. bloody men!!!
I know exactly how you feel about having doubts, I also have 3 kids, 13 (thinks he's eighteen already), 10 and 4. unsure whether we will muck up their lives if we drag them away from their mates etc. also work, main concern. I have just been reading a post where someone said its really hard to obtain a licence in queensland even though he has been plumbing for years!! Not sure where we are heading yet? Where are you off to?
Good luck with TRA and hopefully speak to you soon!
Where in Ireland are you from?
Joxx
hi joanne
i totally agree, seems to be all women who are online looking for the important stuff. the men are either watching the football or are on threads asking about football in aus.This is my hubbies occupation but i will be an expert plumber by the time this is over.
the thing with the kids is the two older ones love their schools and have lots of friends, they have never given us any trouble and i am just afraid that if they don't like aus or don't make friends will they become terror teenagers.the smallest one won't know any different and will just be an aussie babe.
we were going to apply for STNI to Victoria but now that plumbers have been put on the modl the decision is now up in the air again. it was easier when we had no option.we had only researched the licence situation in Victoria and that didn't seem too bad but i have read some of the threads about other places and it seems to be a nightmare to get a licence.this might make our decision for us.have you applied yet to tra? i am sitting here surrounded by files and paperwork. i feel like i am sitting a huge exam and will only get one shot at it.
we're from co. meath. its about 15 miles outside dublin.
Old May 8th 2005, 9:05 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

hi joanne
i totally agree, seems to be all women who are online looking for the important stuff. the men are either watching the football or are on threads asking about football in aus.This is my hubbies occupation but i will be an expert plumber by the time this is over.
the thing with the kids is the two older ones love their schools and have lots of friends, they have never given us any trouble and i am just afraid that if they don't like aus or don't make friends will they become terror teenagers.the smallest one won't know any different and will just be an aussie babe.
we were going to apply for STNI to Victoria but now that plumbers have been put on the modl the decision is now up in the air again. it was easier when we had no option.we had only researched the licence situation in Victoria and that didn't seem too bad but i have read some of the threads about other places and it seems to be a nightmare to get a licence.this might make our decision for us.have you applied yet to tra? i am sitting here surrounded by files and paperwork. i feel like i am sitting a huge exam and will only get one shot at it.
we're from co. meath. its about 15 miles outside dublin.

You girls want to hurry up or you'll never get the ironing done
Old May 8th 2005, 9:11 pm
another aussie dreamer

Originally Posted by fraser
You girls want to hurry up or you'll never get the ironing done
ha ha, typical male response but where are all those brains when the stat dec or references have to be written in sensible sentences.
Old May 8th 2005, 9:15 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

ha ha, typical male response but where are all those brains when the stat dec or references have to be written in sensible sentences.

Go on then put the kettle on love
Old May 8th 2005, 9:19 pm
another aussie dreamer

Originally Posted by fraser
Go on then put the kettle on love

but thats what i have a husband for!!!!
Old May 8th 2005, 9:22 pm

but thats what i have a husband for!!!!

FWIW I did my stat dec myself every last word
Old May 8th 2005, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

g-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to allg-man is a name known to all

Plumbers wives club!!!!!!! yip, yip, yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
plumbers are now on the MODL list :scared:
am excited about this and hope it speeds stuff up!!
we are on old sytem!! so have been waiting since april 2004!! police and medical checks went 25th APril 2005 so now its the waiting period!! anyone any idea how long it is usually????
bev

hi i too am a plumbers wife, tra came back last week which came back as gas fitter asked our agent and he said that paul can still work as plumber when in oz so as long as we get there. Hoping for Victoria on SIR

toni
Old May 8th 2005, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by g-man
hi i too am a plumbers wife, tra came back last week which came back as gas fitter asked our agent and he said that paul can still work as plumber when in oz so as long as we get there. Hoping for Victoria on SIR

toni

Why SIR and not STNI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.