Plumbers wages

Old Sep 8th 2006, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

angiew is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Plumbers wages

Hi

Can anyone tell me what a plumber earns in Australia. We are due to move there in Jan/Feb, and having trouble finding this out. Thanks
Old Sep 8th 2006, 11:07 pm
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all
Default Re: Plumbers wages

Hi there.......

You need to be a bit more specific ......what state are we talking about here?

Where we are ( Kingscliff , tweed coast , NSW/QLD border)

Union rate for a plumber working on wages(direct) its about $24 per hr.

Self employed ....around $35-40 an hour.

If your running your own little company , you can get away with charging anything between $45-65 per hour.

Note.....just remember that when you get here your only be able to apply for a provisional plumbers licence , to start with.

This means you are only able to work direct for some one, under supervision , hence the name of the licence.

hope this helps....all the best plum.....
Old Sep 9th 2006, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

bramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by angiew
Hi

Can anyone tell me what a plumber earns in Australia. We are due to move there in Jan/Feb, and having trouble finding this out. Thanks
As always it's a supply and demand thing.
I read recently Tasmania was short of gasfitters.
Quite a few of the plumbers who arrive here in SE Qld earn nothing as qualification recognition is not straight forward, even with a licence employers aren't always willing to give someone a start without experience.
I'd suggest you do a search and have a read of other posts on plumbers.
Old Sep 9th 2006, 8:30 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the plumber
Hi there.......

You need to be a bit more specific ......what state are we talking about here?

Where we are ( Kingscliff , tweed coast , NSW/QLD border)

Union rate for a plumber working on wages(direct) its about $24 per hr.

Self employed ....around $35-40 an hour.

If your running your own little company , you can get away with charging anything between $45-65 per hour.

Note.....just remember that when you get here your only be able to apply for a provisional plumbers licence , to start with.

This means you are only able to work direct for some one, under supervision , hence the name of the licence.

hope this helps....all the best plum.....

I know alot here in Perth self employed are charging $77 for first half hour and same for each hour after.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

bramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
I know alot here in Perth self employed are charging $77 for first half hour and same for each hour after.
The overheads for running a plumbing business are quite high so $77/hr charge out might equate to around $40-50 net
Old Sep 14th 2006, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Ozwomble is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Plumbers wages

Originally Posted by angiew
Hi

My hubby is a plumber, we're off to Melbourne in jan/Feb with our 4 kids in tow - where are you going?
Old Sep 15th 2006, 10:23 am
Just Joined

angiew is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ozwomble
My hubby is a plumber, we're off to Melbourne in jan/Feb with our 4 kids in tow - where are you going?
We are going to the Gold Coast. How are your plans coming along?