Plumbers - TRA

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 11:28 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Plumbers - TRA

Are there any plumbers with a positive TRA result?? Top of my list is Fraser, anyone else??!!! Please??
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 11:59 am

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Plumbers - TRA

Heya Rooksie, see from your sigline you got a no from the TRA, sorry to hear that.

I'm a leccy so probably won't be much help but just one question, are you Corgi registered as I was told by someone that all plumbers over here need to have gas registration to be licenced.

Hope you get it sorted out soon
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 12:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Flying Banana
Heya Rooksie, see from your sigline you got a no from the TRA, sorry to hear that.

I'm a leccy so probably won't be much help but just one question, are you Corgi registered as I was told by someone that all plumbers over here need to have gas registration to be licenced.

Hope you get it sorted out soon
thanks. yeah hubbie is corgi registered and we believe that he also has to be licensed to practice in Oz
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

flumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Are there any plumbers with a positive TRA result?? Top of my list is Fraser, anyone else??!!! Please??
Hi Rooksie,

Sorry to hear about the TRA outcome. I'm a plumber, passed TRA last year using an agent and now have PR visa heading out in 6 weeks.

I pretty much wrote a dummies guide on plumbing and had to detail everything done from day 1, provide all certificates, documentation. I got through based on previous experience but had also gone back to college a few years ago to get all up-to-date certs. Corgi registered too.

Glad to help if you want to ask anything specific.

Cheers
Flumper's hubby!
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 12:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by flumper
Hi Rooksie,

Sorry to hear about the TRA outcome. I'm a plumber, passed TRA last year using an agent and now have PR visa heading out in 6 weeks.

I pretty much wrote a dummies guide on plumbing and had to detail everything done from day 1, provide all certificates, documentation. I got through based on previous experience but had also gone back to college a few years ago to get all up-to-date certs. Corgi registered too.

Glad to help if you want to ask anything specific.

Cheers
Flumper's hubby!
you see thats what i dont get - hubbie has 12 years experience but TRA letter says he didnt have enough "traineeship with employers" - at least thats which i think agent said - i was slightly knocked back to be honest!!
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 2:49 pm
Account Closed

you see thats what i dont get - hubbie has 12 years experience but TRA letter says he didnt have enough "traineeship with employers" - at least thats which i think agent said - i was slightly knocked back to be honest!!

bumping
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

I'm not sure if this will be any help, when i started my TRA ( i'm a car sprayer ) i told my agent that i had no qualifications for my trade as it was all on the job training. What i had to do then was go to this company and get them to write a letter with all the aspects of my job that i did while at the company, as much detail as they could. I think it was to show that i had been taught the correct working practice. I hope it can all be sorted out for you.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 3:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by karenjc
I'm not sure if this will be any help, when i started my TRA ( i'm a car sprayer ) i told my agent that i had no qualifications for my trade as it was all on the job training. What i had to do then was go to this company and get them to write a letter with all the aspects of my job that i did while at the company, as much detail as they could. I think it was to show that i had been taught the correct working practice. I hope it can all be sorted out for you.
i think i got a better chance second time round put it that way - folks on here have been FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC!!

thanks
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

stressed out will become famous soon enough

i think i got a better chance second time round put it that way - folks on here have been FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC!!

thanks
Hi Rooksie
Dont take no for an answer, we phoned TRA to find out everything we needed to do to get our TRA. The man on the phone was great he told us everything we needed and once we sent extra info he granted our TRA.
Dont go with your agent PHONE THEM!!!!
Good Luck Rose
Old Mar 24th 2005, 1:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by stressed out
Hi Rooksie
Dont take no for an answer, we phoned TRA to find out everything we needed to do to get our TRA. The man on the phone was great he told us everything we needed and once we sent extra info he granted our TRA.
Good Luck Rose

really??? WOW ... didnt think that was an option !!!
Old May 21st 2005, 6:51 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by stressed out
Hi Rooksie
Good Luck Rose
Who did you phone? Where did you get the number? My husband has held his Corgi reg previously but has let lapse 4 years ago. Does this mean he will fail? Hope not as we have to have our application in before his 45th birthday in Sept.
Old May 21st 2005, 7:25 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: Plumbers - TRA

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Who did you phone? Where did you get the number? My husband has held his Corgi reg previously but has let lapse 4 years ago. Does this mean he will fail? Hope not as we have to have our application in before his 45th birthday in Sept.
The number is on their website (have not got the link as I am on the laptop, just for a change) and there is also an email address for them too.

R.
Old May 21st 2005, 7:31 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light

Here you go...

TRA

R.
Old May 21st 2005, 7:38 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Carruss
Here you go...

TRA

R.
Many thanks.
Sent you some karma
Old May 21st 2005, 7:43 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Many thanks.
Sent you some karma
Thanks, glad to be of help.

I always seem to remember reading that the TRA were not that helpful etc but we have never had to contact them so don't know whether thats true or not. Since they launched their new website they seem to be more accessible.

Anyways, good luck with your application.

R.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.