Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

plumbers in brisbane

plumbers in brisbane

Old Mar 2nd 2006, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

leew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the rough
Default plumbers in brisbane

hi , only just discovered this site , it is good , i am just wauting on my t.r.a. to come back for the second time as my agent messed up the first time , i am a plumber and we ae looking to end up in brisbane can anyone tell me more about the job situation in brisbane thanks
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 9:13 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: plumbers in brisbane

Originally Posted by leew1019
hi , only just discovered this site , it is good , i am just wauting on my t.r.a. to come back for the second time as my agent messed up the first time , i am a plumber and we ae looking to end up in brisbane can anyone tell me more about the job situation in brisbane thanks
Oooo wish I knew, moving there in 3 weeks time......
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

leew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the roughleew1019 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by paulf
Oooo wish I knew, moving there in 3 weeks time......
are you a plumber and where are you moving from ?
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 9:21 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

are you a plumber and where are you moving from ?
yeah, from hertfordshire
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paulf
yeah, from hertfordshire
best of luck to you then keep the forum posted on how you get on
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 10:17 pm
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

if its a job you're looking for check these out:

http://jobs.careerone.com.au/js.php...fromSearch.y=12

and theres more...

http://www.seek.com.au/jobsearch/?D...mber&sortmode=1

(these might be few days old so refresh page) - good luck
Old Mar 2nd 2006, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

terrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really nice

Theres truck loads of jobs for tradesmen in Queensland, as a plumber you'll need to get a licence before you can get a job. This can take some time, and will certainly involve a TAFE (college) course, and you'll need to apply to the TRA again once you are here! (you can't do this from overseas) Something I'm sure your agent wouldn't have mentioned yet.

I strongly suggest you look into the licencing process before you get to excited. Theres loads of threads discussing this in the forum, if you do a search your sure to find them.

Good Luck.

T
Old Mar 5th 2006, 10:27 am
Just Joined

helpwithvisa has a brilliant futurehelpwithvisa has a brilliant futurehelpwithvisa has a brilliant futurehelpwithvisa has a brilliant futurehelpwithvisa has a brilliant futurehelpwithvisa has a brilliant futurehelpwithvisa has a brilliant future

Hi

I moved to Bris in 2000.

I'm actually a construction law lawyer, but have started my own migration business.

the construciton industry in brisbane, in fact the east coast from Gold Coast, right up to Townsville, is going off like a whiskey crazed apache!!!

have a look at the couriermail classifieds on a weekend - plenty of jobs. then you could try all of the recruitement agents - hudson, hughes castell etc. could also try submitting direct to some of the big construction firms, Watpac, leightons, Agigroup, barclay Mowlem, MacMahons, Thiess, Bilfinger Berger, Lanskey COnstructions etc...

Any more question, fire away.

good luck when you get here!!!
Andy Sinclair-Ford
sf-migration-australia.co.uk

Old Mar 6th 2006, 7:48 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by helpwithvisa
Hi

I moved to Bris in 2000.

I'm actually a construction law lawyer, but have started my own migration business.

the construciton industry in brisbane, in fact the east coast from Gold Coast, right up to Townsville, is going off like a whiskey crazed apache!!!

have a look at the couriermail classifieds on a weekend - plenty of jobs. then you could try all of the recruitement agents - hudson, hughes castell etc. could also try submitting direct to some of the big construction firms, Watpac, leightons, Agigroup, barclay Mowlem, MacMahons, Thiess, Bilfinger Berger, Lanskey COnstructions etc...

Any more question, fire away.

good luck when you get here!!!
Andy Sinclair-Ford
sf-migration-australia.co.uk
brilliant post!! thanks