Plug adaptors

Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:07 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Plug adaptors

Can we buy in the UK adaptors for Oz?

Thinking will need one pretty much straight away for my laptop...

are they easy to find once we get to Oz?
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plug adaptors

Originally Posted by bridiej

Dead easy - should be available at the airport. I got one at Melbourne Airport cost just over $10
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, you can buy oz adapters in the UK, I bought loads in Robert Dyas before I left coz they were on special offer. They are also on sale in the airports.

Mel
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Hi Bridiej
We got some from the post office about a month ago & the were half price we paid about £1.50 for them. You could see if they still have them.
Karen x
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:20 am

Brilliant, thanks everyone
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:24 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

we bought two with us ...... got em from wilkinsons..... they do em in partners too....

but we just cut the plugs off most things...... and put an aussie ones on em..... around $2 each.....Bunnings, bigW ect.

boomie
x
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:26 am
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Hi Bridiej, I'd bring about half a dozen, I had one already and now wish I'd brought more. When our stuff gets over here I'm going to change the plugs on my extension leads and leave the rest of the plugs as they are but I'm certainly finding it difficult with only one adapter.

I have already cut the moulded plug off my laptop and replaced it with an Aussie one, but the things with special adapters have to stay as they are.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 8:39 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Plug adaptors

Remember that Australian electricity is a different shape; it may not fit inside your cables.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:33 am
Life is sweet in Brisbane

rima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nicerima+kids is just really nice

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Remember that Australian electricity is a different shape; it may not fit inside your cables.
And like the water in the bath plug hole- it goes the other way round the circuit!!! :scared:
Old Aug 24th 2005, 9:35 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Plug adaptors

Originally Posted by rima+kids
And like the water in the bath plug hole- it goes the other way round the circuit!!! :scared:
Old Aug 24th 2005, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

LOL!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

lilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond reputelilstewie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rima+kids
So if you use a british hairdryer out in Oz, it will actually make your hair wetter??
Old Aug 24th 2005, 10:25 am
Fighting my corner

Cool Re: Plug adaptors

Originally Posted by lilstewie
So if you use a british hairdryer out in Oz, it will actually make your hair wetter??
Yep.

It's a big problem. Teams of Australian scientists are working night and day to find a solution.
Old Aug 24th 2005, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Only problems were with the ones that do all countries as they fall away from the wall and disconnect electricity. Please ignore if this appears to make no sense.

Otherwise couldn't get adaptor to work for shaver or electric toothbrush. Changed plugs for ordinary Australian ones. I guess they're safe enough?
Old Aug 24th 2005, 10:51 am
Fighting my corner

Cool Re: Plug adaptors

Originally Posted by flip
Only problems were with the ones that do all countries as they fall away from the wall and disconnect electricity. Please ignore if this appears to make no sense.
Makes perfect sense; my advice is to avoid multi-port plugs and buy quality single-function only jobbies.

Otherwise couldn't get adaptor to work for shaver or electric toothbrush.
Not too sure about this one; could be awkward. Try Dick Smith or Tandy.

Changed plugs for ordinary Australian ones. I guess they're safe enough?
Too right, mate - and the best thing about 'em is that they don't have a whacking great (redundant) fuse inside.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.